Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Fuzzy

Problem with 4.70.85 update (OLED65B7V)

Question

Hi,

Ever since my TV updated to 4.70.85 a few days ago I've had an annoying issue - when I turn the TV on, it takes 5-6 minutes for the picture to actually display (instead of a few seconds it used to be). Is anyone else having this?

I usually use my Sky Q (UK satellite TV) remote but even turning just the screen off and on again with the LG remote doesn't help. The TV is detecting input on the HDMI input, it just doesn't display anything (input title initially pops up but then screen goes completely black and the firework screensaver doesn't kick in - I can hear the TV programme as the sound is through a soundbar). Going into menus and stuff doesn't seem to help, nor does trying turning the TV on and off a few times, I basically just have to wait for 5-6 minutes and suddenly the display kicks in.

I've done some googling but can't see anyone else reporting this issue so figured I'd try here...

1 answer to this question

I haven't had this problem with a TV after an update, however, I did have an HDMI cable fail to carry the picture only sound. If a different cable doesn't work I would set the TV back to factory default via settings. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Question: Annoying pop-up messages on my lg 49sj800v smart tv

I have owned this tv for a year and pleased with it ... until about a month ago. I now have constant repetitive messages in top right hand corner of screen saying 'Unknown device disconnected' or 'wired network is connected' or wired lan cable is connected' and it's driving me crazy. I have tried the lg live chat technical support and they were not aware of the issue but I've seen the same problem discussed on US forums and here too. Nobody seems to be able to have a solution. I have unplugged a

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: wi fi direct issue

I have connected my tv and mobile through wi fi direct  but tv doesn't show phone storage in niether photo and video app nor music app    

• Question: Video can not display in right orientation in my LG Smart TV

I am a LG customer from Hong Kong, I encounter a video display issue in my LG Smart TV. I reported this to Hong Kong support team, but it seems that they cannot help me and giving me an unsatisfactory explaination, so I seek for help from here.   My Smart TV model is 43UH7500 with running WebOS 05.30.20, which is the latest version, the build in media player cannot display video in correct orientation, the portrait MP4 video I taken from various smartphone become landscape direction in

• Question: OLED55b7v picture quality drop down after updates

I'm very disappointed with your silly moves LG. I was very amazed with my first look on lg oled55b7v series , briliant screen, collours and all over. After i bought this TV shit started to happenned,  LG started doing updates and every update make picture quality worse and worse, shame on you lg!!!! Now i'm serious pissed off because last update 5.30.15 completely messed up picture quality,  with old firmware there was no glow from the object on black background, was a lot better upscaling , bet

• Question: webOS Browser Issue

Why am I unable to view Kanopy movies/video on my LG Smart TV (Model # 55LM8600)? Is this an LG web browser issue or a Kanopy issue? I get the following message on my LG TV when I try to view anything on Kanopy: "Digital Rights Management Issue We're sorry, but your browser does not support playback of copyright-protected content. Please visit our help page for a list of support browsers. Go To