Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Fuzzy

Problem with 4.70.85 update (OLED65B7V)

Question

Hi,

Ever since my TV updated to 4.70.85 a few days ago I've had an annoying issue - when I turn the TV on, it takes 5-6 minutes for the picture to actually display (instead of a few seconds it used to be). Is anyone else having this?

I usually use my Sky Q (UK satellite TV) remote but even turning just the screen off and on again with the LG remote doesn't help. The TV is detecting input on the HDMI input, it just doesn't display anything (input title initially pops up but then screen goes completely black and the firework screensaver doesn't kick in - I can hear the TV programme as the sound is through a soundbar). Going into menus and stuff doesn't seem to help, nor does trying turning the TV on and off a few times, I basically just have to wait for 5-6 minutes and suddenly the display kicks in.

I've done some googling but can't see anyone else reporting this issue so figured I'd try here...

1 answer to this question

I haven't had this problem with a TV after an update, however, I did have an HDMI cable fail to carry the picture only sound. If a different cable doesn't work I would set the TV back to factory default via settings.