Quantcast

Change default source

maninblack2000

Question

Hi, Does anyone know how to change the start up source on a 

LG 55UJ635V L tv?

When i turn it on it starts at Live tv which i dont use so i have to keep changing it to my Sky box (HDMI) source. keep reading it should turn on at the last used source but it doesnt?

LG suggested change HDMI ports but that didnt work?

driving me mad, even reset the tv and its still doing it?

16 answers to this question

I had live tv for some time but my provider had problems so I changed to a provider who used a settopbox.

First I had the same problem as you but I managed to solve it. I don't know for sure that I did reset the tv but I had to choose the settopbox from the connector menu. A bit like this old tutorial:

link hidden, please login to view

The problem was that after this part they ask for your provider and the type of settopbox and that last was a bit difficult to find.

But, when I got it all working, I can use my magic remote to change channels and when I push the live-tv button it wil bring me back to the settopbox input

Good luck,

Peter

When i reset it there i ignored the livetv+ setbox option, just chose set top box, no massive deal reseting it right enough it just took a few minutes, to be honest i wouldnt be surprised if when i come in from work tomorrow and turn it on it goes to live tv again, i see the option is still at the top when i press the connections button on the remote.

my provider is Sky, not much else in the UK.

Its a Sky box mate, doesnt have a display on it.

I had a magic remote but didnt really use it as can control most things with the Sky remote so sold it.

the first time i set the tv up i had an android box, games console and the set top box going into a HDMI hub and the hub the only cable going into the back of the TV.

I removed the hub at the weekend there and put all three boxes directly into the TV as there is 3 HDMI ports, wonder if i take them out and put them back into the hub it will stop doing what its doing?

Settings → All Settings → Programme → Programme Tuning and Settings → Programme List Update → Off

This issue happens because your TV is trying to search for updates within the TV's channel listings. This was something that was implemented with the latest software versions because the governing body who look after the channels wanted the TV to scan for updates at 4am in the morning. This means that your TV will switch to your Live TV for this update, and cause your TV to default to that input instead of the last input used as it thinks it was the last one. Turning this off will stop this process and hopefully keep your last input used on.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.