Quantcast

[pivotCE]Forums fix for webOS Nation, Communities fix forthcoming (hopefully)

pivotCE

If you have

link hidden, please login to view
and/or Communities for the TouchPad, you’ll notice webOS Nation forums aren’t working. The good news is, there’s a fix for it for Forums. The bad news is there’s no fix for it in Communities…yet.

forums_home-180x300.png?resize=180%2C300webOS Nation forum user, Fred Zyphal, and others jumped in to confirm and to test some solutions.

It turns out Forums just needs the entry for webOS Nation updated from http to https. So swipe away your old entry for it and add a new one with the “s” after http.

Communities seems to be more difficult and a fix is still in work. You can load Forums on your TouchPad if you want but it only shows in the phone emulator view.

If Communities can’t be saved it may be possible to format the Forums app to take up the whole screen on the TouchPad though. More to come on that.

#webOSforever

No related posts.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Similar Topics

• By OrlandoSux
      I'm not sure what changed (maybe my kid playing with the remote), but now when I press the TV button on my remote, I am taken to the Life's Good Hub instead of antenna TV. I have to wait for it to load and then exit the app. I never installed this app. I have reset my TV to factory settings and infuriatingly still can't get to antenna TV by pressing TV.
      Can I remove the Life's Good Hub somehow or reprogram what the button ony remote does? 

My TV is a up7670puc
    • By Nick Payne
      I can stream ABC content using either the iView app on our LG G1 65" OLED, or via the iView Android TV app that is installed on a Chromecast with Google TV that is plugged into one of the G1 HDMI ports. If I stream content using the app on the TV, every few minutes there's a momentary (fraction of a second) interruption to both sound and video. If I stream the same content using the app on the Chromecast, I get no such interruptions. Both TV and Chromecast are using wired Ethernet connections to the same switch, so I can't see that these interruptions are due to a network problem, or I'd see them on both devices. It would seem to be a problem with the app provided on the TV. Other streaming services that we access via apps on the TV (Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, etc) do not show the same problem.
    • By fishy666
      The NEW Amazon Prime Video App update is horrible. Cannot access any content from my Shudder channel subscription. Constant errors.
    • By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By ReneVlEugel
      I own a LG HU85LS very happy with that but now I don't see the Disney plus app. 
      Where an when can I get it?