Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Jennifer Rosales

TV does not connect to internet and after seconds it shuts down

Question

I have a Lg webos tv uf6450. Yesterday I was watching Netflix and all of a sudden the app displayed me the advise that there was no internet. So i go to settings to connect it again to the internet; I wasn't surprised since the tv has done it a couple of times. But this time it didn't want to connect. I tried everything: I disconnected the modem (even if the internet was working perfectly on my cellphone or any other device), I rewrote the password, I restart all the settings from the tv, I disconnected the Tv for a couple of hours, my brother even changed the password from the internet. And that is not the only problem. Sometimes, while I was trying to connect, the tv just freezed and then it shut itself down and even when I was trying to turn it back on, it didn't want to. Occasionally, the tv would not respond to the commands of the remote control. As I said before, I've tried everything, but if any of you know how to solve this problem I would be infinitely grateful. Please, help me!

2 answers to this question

I would update the firmware for your TV.   In order to do that though you need an internet connection.   Wireless isn't working so you need to use the ethernet port on your TV.  2 ways to do that.

1.  Move theTV closer to the wifi router and plug into one of those ports.   

2.  If it's not practical to move the TV, I'd get a wifi range extender (something like this one: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Version-Wi-Fi-Extender-WN3000RP/dp/B004YAYM06) with an ethernet port and plug the TV into that to get a wired connection.

Hopefully, the wired connection works.   Update the firmware.   Maybe that fixes your wireless issues.   If it doesn't but ends up working with the wired connection, then continue with the range extender.