Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

George Bozovic

LG Media Server support and subtitle streaming

Question

Hi,

I have an LG TV with Web OS. My home setup includes a Netgear R7000 router with DD-WRT installed with UPNP Media server enables through the USB hard drive which I share across the network. The LG TV has no issues recognising and playing the media of the shared drive, however I cannot play any of the subtitles. I ensured that the subtitles are the same name as the media files.

How can I get around this problem?

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• MLB.TV Issues with LG TV

I just recently purchased a new LG 65UH7700 TV and I am currently having problems with the MLB.TV app.  I can launch the app fine and I can start watching a live steaming game fine, but after about 30 seconds or so of watching a game, the app freezes and then the TV reboots.  I know it is not my internet connection because I can watch the games fine on other devices on the same network such as on my 5 year old LG TV, the Apple TV, or my iPad, or iPhone.  I purposely bought the LG TV over a Vizio because it had the MLB.TV app built in whereas the Vizio did not.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this an issue that I should return the TV for or have a technician come out to troubleshoot?  Please help!!

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Recording on the network share

If I understand correctly, currently (WebOS 4.0), it's possible to record TV shows on the flash drive only. Could you implement recording on the network share (Windows share, samba or similar)? I have small NAS so it would be great if I could use it's storage for this purpose. Regards, Jaroslav

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Pop up messages on TV:wired LAN disconnected, then Network connected

For the past few months I am getting intermittent pop up messages on my TV. 1st one says Wired LAN disconnected, then another message pops up and says Network connected. I have been calling my cable carrier Spectrum and Techs have been here and can't find problem. Also I went to check my wifi on my TV and my user name and connections aren't showing up all of a sudden. This TV was just purchased May 2017. What is going on and how to resolve!!

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Question: Lg webos media player subtitles

Hi, i have webos 4.0 on my tv. LG media player  has lowest subtitle position "-2", but i would like them even lower (in black bars when letterbox movie is played). Is there a way or tweak to do that? I noticed that position -2 is higher in webos 4.0 compared to webos 3.5 Unfortunately kodi is not for webos, Is there other media player for webos that plays video files from usb? i cant find none.

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• NFS share mount

I would like to be able to mount NFS shares (and possibly SAMBA/Windows shares, but these would be too slow to play HD videos ...)  so that I can play videos directly without depending on a DLNA server. This is because the DLNA implemented by LG WebOS is still too primitive and does not allow to play x265 videos.

in LG webOS Wish List