Quantcast

Recover Redbull.tv app

achapela

Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Julio Henrique Morimoto
      I've been having this issue for several months now. After using Netflix for a while, the app will stop buffering and get stuck at 25%.

I've been experimenting for a while now and have noticed a few details. As far as I can tell, it seems to be related to the operating system, WebOS. Here's me really hoping this is not a hardware issue. Google "lg webos netflix problem" and you will see A LOT of people complaining about this.

Here's what I found.

1st) In my case, the problem only happens to our LG WebOS, model 47LB6500. All other devices, such as smartphones, tablets, computers, game consoles, all the way to Samsung smart TVs... no other device has the same issue.

2nd) It DOES NOT appear to be related to internet provider stability. I'm on a fiber optic cable with 40Mbps UP/DOWN symmetric speeds. Every other device keeps its connection normally, except WebOS+Netflix.

3rd) It is also NOT related to a weak WiFi signal. The router is a mere 3ft away from the TV without any walls in between. Other devices get a relatively weaker signal across walls and continue to work normally.

3rd) Even though the issue presents itself by using the Netflix app, it DOES NOT keep itself isolated to it. The software developer in me feels like ruling out Netflix's blame on the issue. It's strange how no other app will cause the problem, but once it happens, the entirity of WebOS loses connectivity. YouTube, web browser and all other apps are also unable to reach out. Closing or killing apps from memory makes no difference.

4th) While in this state, TV settings will NOT work properly. Under "Network > WiFi", trying to wipe out the current network settings and reconnect to the router WILL FAIL. Once the WiFi credentials are wiped, the TV is unable to reconnect to the same router.

5th) The only solution is to turn the TV set entirely OFF and ON again. It only takes a minute, but it will brutally murder your Netflix experience.

Recently, it's become unbearable. We are unable to watch a single 25min episode without eventually bumping into the 25% buffer of death.

I'm really hoping for a solution via software update. I can't tell exactly which version started, but we never had the issue until after a couple of firmware updates.