Quantcast

TV Guide Empty on Startup

Tom Thornbury

Question

Hi

I have setup Free To Air (FTA) on my new LG 4k TV and it works great, except when you pull up the TV guide it's empty and it takes ages to populate, also, when it does populate there's only now and next listed. Is it possible to upload an 8 day EPG on an external USB? And failing that, is it possible to get the TV to store even the now or next so it's there when I open the TV guide?

Thanks

Tom

2 answers to this question

On 26/11/2017 at 3:43 PM, Tom Thornbury said:

Hi

I have setup Free To Air (FTA) on my new LG 4k TV and it works great, except when you pull up the TV guide it's empty and it takes ages to populate, also, when it does populate there's only now and next listed. Is it possible to upload an 8 day EPG on an external USB? And failing that, is it possible to get the TV to store even the now or next so it's there when I open the TV guide?

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

Going purely by your name I'm going to take a guess at you are in the UK, if I am correct take a look at this post:

If you are in the UK then these might be of interest:

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Den C
      LG50UK6950. The programme guide is slow to load, and has to re-load for each page. My previous LG tv (a 49UK.....) was the same.
      Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony are almost instantaneous.
      Is this a hardware problem, eg lack of memory, or software - in which case is it ever going to be fixed?
    • By tezz7624
      re tv guide
      used to be arrows to allow viewing of previous programs on catch up but they seemed to have disappeared
      is there a way to make them return
    • By mix-e
      Yes! Freesat does work on the LGE TV that I have 2021 model. Using a SKY DISH and LNB in the UK. Okay now that sorted out.
      With WEBOS 3.34.95
      Then you launch the guide on freesat the preview window does not display a picture. Just says downloading" If you then select a channel from the guide the TV picture is shown.
      Looks like a bug to me...
      Also on the channel info screen. The displayed info screen box is very big and the font size is very very small even on a quite large TV.
      It would be better is a bigger font could be displayed.

• By Iliya Hristov
      Hi everyone,
      How to set a default app that will start automaticly when I turn on my LG tv ? 
      It is very important. 
      If there is no such feature how can I submit a request to be developed?

Best Regards,
      Iliya
    • By Alex
      Resolving the Major Issues with LG TVs: A Comprehensive Guide
      Introduction:
      LG has gained a reputation for producing high-quality televisions that combine cutting-edge technology with sleek designs. However, like any other electronic device, LG TVs can experience issues that may affect their performance and user experience. In this article, we will explore some of the most common problems encountered with LG TVs and provide practical solutions to address them effectively.
      1. Poor Picture Quality:
      One of the most frustrating issues faced by LG TV owners is poor picture quality. To enhance your viewing experience, consider the following steps:
      Adjust picture settings: LG TVs offer various pre-set picture modes like Standard, Cinema, or Sports. Experiment with these modes to find one that suits your preferences. Additionally, fine-tune settings such as brightness, contrast, color temperature, and backlight intensity to optimize picture quality for your viewing environment. Update firmware: Regularly check for firmware updates on LG's official website or through the TV's settings menu. Firmware updates often include performance improvements and bug fixes that can enhance picture quality. Check input source: Sometimes, the picture quality issue may be due to a poor quality input signal. Ensure that your cable, satellite, or streaming device is connected securely and functioning properly. Consider using high-quality HDMI cables for optimal performance. 2. Sound Issues:
      Sound problems can detract from the immersive experience that LG TVs aim to provide. To tackle sound-related issues, try the following:
      Adjust audio settings: LG TVs offer various sound modes, including Standard, Cinema, Music, and Sports. Experiment with these modes to find the one that suits your audio preferences. Additionally, adjust settings like bass, treble, balance, and surround sound to optimize your audio experience. External speakers or soundbar: If you are dissatisfied with the built-in speakers' performance, consider connecting external speakers or a soundbar to your LG TV. This can significantly enhance the audio quality and immersion. Check audio output settings: Ensure that the TV's audio output settings are correctly configured. Verify that the correct audio output, such as HDMI ARC, optical, or Bluetooth, is selected based on your audio setup. 3. Connectivity and Network Issues:
      LG TVs rely heavily on connectivity features for streaming content and accessing smart features. If you encounter connectivity or network problems, try the following solutions:
      Network troubleshooting: Make sure your TV is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. Restart your router, update its firmware, or try connecting your TV using an Ethernet cable for a more stable connection. Software updates: Keep your TV's firmware and applications up to date. Regularly check for system updates in the TV's settings menu. These updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can resolve connectivity issues. Factory reset: If all else fails, performing a factory reset can help resolve persistent network issues. However, be aware that this will reset all settings and erase stored data, so make sure to back up important information beforehand. Conclusion:
      While LG TVs are known for their exceptional quality, they can experience certain issues that may impact their performance. By following the solutions provided above, you can troubleshoot and resolve some of the most common issues with LG TVs, including poor picture quality, sound problems, and connectivity/network issues. Remember to consult the TV's user manual or LG's support website for specific instructions tailored to your model. With these steps, you can optimize your LG TV experience and enjoy uninterrupted entertainment.