Quantcast

What ABR content formats and what DRMs are supported?

meladc

Question

Hi,

Just trying to get a clear picture on what Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) content formats are supported and what DRMs are supported for each content format on LG Webos smart TVs.

I am wondering if the  information on  

link hidden, please login to view
  is up to date, as if so then LG is so far behind the market...

I'll list my questions:

1. the page says that HLS is supported, but only with Verimatrix. is this true?

2. the page does not specify that HSS or DASH are supported. is this true?

3. the page says that WV is supported only its "classic" version and not the new "modular" version. is this true?

4. the page says that PlayReady is supported, but there is no mentioning of which content format it can be supported with. Does someone know the answer for this?

Thanks for any info on this.

M.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@ LG :  if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob
    • By Paul Kharchenko
      OLED48A16LA webOS 6.2.0-25, country Ukraine, One Player isn’t available in LG content store, but if I check it in PC browser it is available. Could anybody explain why it was removed? And how to install it?
    • By Stefan Hackh
      The contents of the USB sticks are listed alphabetically. How can I sort it by date of creation?
    • By anton de Freitas
      Why does my my Smart TV keep displaying network disconnected network connected
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Indrani Rajendran
      Hi,
      When we try to play HLS stream in production app in LG tv (some models LG 49UH652V , LG UK6700PVD) it enters into infinite buffering state. In debug mode using webOSIDE could see `loadedmetadata` event is not getting triggered by video-player.
      It works randomly says 1 in 10 attempts able to play the content.
      I tried with youtube and other apps as well, looks like all the LIVE streams are entering into infinite buffering state.
      Can you please advice why live streams (HLS) are not playable in some LG TV's?  Is there any work around to resolve this issue? Please assist.
      Regards,
      Indrani
    • By meladc
      Hi,

Just trying to get a clear picture on what Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) content formats are supported and what DRMs are supported for each content format on LG Webos smart TVs.
      I am wondering if the  information on  
      link hidden, please login to view  is up to date, as if so then LG is so far behind the market... I'll list my questions:
      1. the page says that HLS is supported, but only with Verimatrix. is this true?
      2. the page does not specify that HSS or DASH are supported. is this true?
      3. the page says that WV is supported only its "classic" version and not the new "modular" version. is this true?
      4. the page says that PlayReady is supported, but there is no mentioning of which content format it can be supported with. Does someone know the answer for this?

Thanks for any info on this.
      M.
    • By Ben Ten
      i want to use widenvine DRM in my App on WebOS platform.  My worry point is that - does widevine on webos tv platform stores the decrypted licensed content permanently on LG TV or not? kindly help me in knowing this. it will be great if you can provide some detailed functionality to understand the same. I have explored 
      link hidden, please login to view but it is not explaining the encryption/decryption functions in detail.
    • By Fernando Custodio de Macedo
      I have a problem in my LG 55UF8500
      When I watch TV, the imagem is ok. But when I open the Smartv menu,  the frames become distorted.
      Has anyone had this problem and should help me?
      I tryed a donwgrade with  Simon's LgDTVUpDater , but doesn't work. I think what my television has a Brazilian or Latin American  firmware and don't recognizes  in this software.
      Ps. I did the fatory reset, but the problem persist

Follow the below  a video link