I have noted that TV WebOS is very slow and when you start TV it taking long time to go to any menu.
Is there any way to make it fast ?
Is there any way that it will update program guide quickly ?
Is it possble to change Change font size ?
Does magic remote cofigurable ? Is it possible to change remote scroll wheel to sound insted of changing channel ?
If you connect to any HDMI device it taking long time to switch back to normal TV mode some time it requied to switch off an switch on.
This is dumb OS. I should have check before buying it. Please any one has answer to make it fast ?
Is it is possible to change OS if I dont want to use WebOS ?
New buyer please check before you jump to WebOS
My new gallery series OLED TV died after less than two months. For weeks now, I have been calling LG support for help. The have created multiple repair tickets, but they have not been to get a repair technician out to fix the problem.
LG keeps trying to outsource the repair to 3rd party service companies. Does anyone know how I can find a local tech that works for LG to come out and fix it?
If not, what recourse do I have?
Bought a oled65g16la worse thing I ever did, how do you put a normal size plug behind a 19mm thick TV? answer is you can't!!
I have a Sonos system, works fine on all other TV's, but I can only get Stereo out of it and not 5.1, it's connected via HDMI, supports ARC, I have gone to setting and tried everything, anyone have any idea's?
Great picture, rubbish TV
I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
I tried to use (with no success):
- Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
- Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
- VLC UPnP feature - same as above
What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
Similar Tagged Content
By Indrani Rajendran
When we try to play HLS stream in production app in LG tv (some models LG 49UH652V , LG UK6700PVD) it enters into infinite buffering state. In debug mode using webOSIDE could see `loadedmetadata` event is not getting triggered by video-player.
It works randomly says 1 in 10 attempts able to play the content.
I tried with youtube and other apps as well, looks like all the LIVE streams are entering into infinite buffering state.
Can you please advice why live streams (HLS) are not playable in some LG TV's? Is there any work around to resolve this issue? Please assist.
Just trying to get a clear picture on what Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) content formats are supported and what DRMs are supported for each content format on LG Webos smart TVs.
I am wondering if the information on
link hidden, please login to view is up to date, as if so then LG is so far behind the market... I'll list my questions:
1. the page says that HLS is supported, but only with Verimatrix. is this true?
2. the page does not specify that HSS or DASH are supported. is this true?
3. the page says that WV is supported only its "classic" version and not the new "modular" version. is this true?
4. the page says that PlayReady is supported, but there is no mentioning of which content format it can be supported with. Does someone know the answer for this?
Thanks for any info on this.
By Ben Ten
i want to use widenvine DRM in my App on WebOS platform. My worry point is that - does widevine on webos tv platform stores the decrypted licensed content permanently on LG TV or not? kindly help me in knowing this. it will be great if you can provide some detailed functionality to understand the same. I have explored
link hidden, please login to view but it is not explaining the encryption/decryption functions in detail.
By Fernando Custodio de Macedo
I have a problem in my LG 55UF8500
When I watch TV, the imagem is ok. But when I open the Smartv menu, the frames become distorted.
Has anyone had this problem and should help me?
I tryed a donwgrade with Simon's LgDTVUpDater , but doesn't work. I think what my television has a Brazilian or Latin American firmware and don't recognizes in this software.
Ps. I did the fatory reset, but the problem persist
Follow the below a video link