Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bikram

Factory reset onscreen

Question

I got 43 inch web smart tv few months back .. its worked nicely but these days i am facing factory rest on screen which does not go when i turned off . And when it appears the sound  also goes off. The setting doesn’t work at all its becomes useless is there any solutions for this??

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

1 answer to this question

Can you be more specific ?

1) Have you called LG Customer Service and described your problem to them? What did they say to do? Have you done it?  The reason I ask is that this sounds like a big problem - you need to open a ticket just in case its a problem that can't be fixed without replacing parts - you want to register your TV with them and make sure you call in the problem before the end of the warranty period. - Also, if this a chronic problem with your specific model - they will provide an answer a lot faster than the forum unless someone here has had the same problem with the same model - most of what is diagnosed here is for Problems that LG hasn't helped with usually problems that are intermittent or have multiple possible causes

That said - if you have contacted LG tell us what they said and what they told you to do, also need more information, I think there are 2  43" models which one do you have? What is current firmware level? Are you connected to the internet, if so, have you been updating your firmware (is TV set to accept automatic updates or do u have it set to manual? What year is your model - 2017, 2016?

2) When did problem start - did anything else happen around the same time - like adding a new device to the TV, new cable box, surround sound system, a new Blu-Ray or DVD player?

3) What is currently connected to the TV inputs - how are they connected - HDMI Cable only? Are you using the Optical connections

Lets start with these questions - please contact LG customer Service first and let us know what they said or if u already did tell us what happened.

Chris

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.