Quantcast

Factory reset onscreen

Bikram

Question

I got 43 inch web smart tv few months back .. its worked nicely but these days i am facing factory rest on screen which does not go when i turned off . And when it appears the sound  also goes off. The setting doesn’t work at all its becomes useless is there any solutions for this??

1 answer to this question

Can you be more specific ?

1) Have you called LG Customer Service and described your problem to them? What did they say to do? Have you done it?  The reason I ask is that this sounds like a big problem - you need to open a ticket just in case its a problem that can't be fixed without replacing parts - you want to register your TV with them and make sure you call in the problem before the end of the warranty period. - Also, if this a chronic problem with your specific model - they will provide an answer a lot faster than the forum unless someone here has had the same problem with the same model - most of what is diagnosed here is for Problems that LG hasn't helped with usually problems that are intermittent or have multiple possible causes

That said - if you have contacted LG tell us what they said and what they told you to do, also need more information, I think there are 2  43" models which one do you have? What is current firmware level? Are you connected to the internet, if so, have you been updating your firmware (is TV set to accept automatic updates or do u have it set to manual? What year is your model - 2017, 2016?

2) When did problem start - did anything else happen around the same time - like adding a new device to the TV, new cable box, surround sound system, a new Blu-Ray or DVD player?

3) What is currently connected to the TV inputs - how are they connected - HDMI Cable only? Are you using the Optical connections

Lets start with these questions - please contact LG customer Service first and let us know what they said or if u already did tell us what happened.

Chris

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
    • By News Reporter
      Company Expands Smart Factory Business
      Based on AI Technology and Automation Solutions

SEOUL, Mar. 13, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is expanding its B2B business area and making significant strides into the global smart factory market by capitalizing on its expertise in constructing and operating intelligent autonomous factories.
      Earlier this year, LG established the Smart Factory Business Division within its Production engineering Research Institute (PRI) and initiated the commercialization of its intangible assets, including smart factory construction technology and operational solutions. These innovations will be highlighted at MODEX 2024, the premier supply chain experience trade show, held in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
      LG’s smart factory business not only delivers production automation solutions but also incorporates AI-driven production planning, operations and the Digital Twin solution. The company aims to enhance customers’ manufacturing competitiveness by offering optimal solutions across all stages, from factory planning and design to construction and operation. Additionally, continuous improvement consulting services for factory upgrades will be available.
      Aligned with LG’s vision of achieving a revenue of KRW 100 trillion by 2030, with the B2B sector targeting revenue exceeding KRW 40 trillion, the smart factory business serves as a cornerstone for LG’s B2B expansion. This endeavor is part of LG’s strategic focus on three key areas for future growth: accelerating non-hardware business models, expanding B2B businesses and developing new business domains.
      Experienced in various aspects of the smart factory business, LG boasts extensive manufacturing expertise across diverse sectors such as home appliances, air solutions, TVs, vehicle components and robotics. What’s more, the company provides cutting-edge equipment and communication technologies, including big data-enabled integrated monitoring systems and predictive quality evaluation systems.
      In addition to its manufacturing prowess, LG has secured essential digital technologies for building automated processes, including AI, big data and the Internet of Things (IoT). The company has also developed an intelligent production system where deep learning-enabled robots execute tasks guided by the company’s Digital Twin solution. This solution simulates actual machinery, equipment and logistics systems in a virtual environment, facilitating smooth integration and optimization of manufacturing processes.
      These accomplishments have earned LG recognition for possessing world-class smart factory technology, encompassing hardware, software and automation solutions. Notably, the LG Smart Park in Changwon and the Tennessee factory in the USA were selected as Lighthouse Factories by the World Economic Forum.
      With these capabilities, LG strengthens collaboration with various partners to expand the smart factory ecosystem. Following the signing of an MOU with LS ELECTRIC for the “Establishment of Smart Factory Business Cooperation System and Mutual Benefit Enhancement,” LG is forming unions with numerous global partners to advance smart factory technology through cloud and data analysis.
      “In light of LG’s robust portfolio of smart factory solutions, we are committed to partnering with customers throughout their manufacturing journey by delivering optimal solutions across all stages, from planning and design to construction and operation,” stated Song Shi-yong, head of LG Electronics’ Smart Factory Business Division. He further elaborated on plans to introduce a Total Factory Offering System, which will provide a comprehensive solution in collaboration with LG and its global partners.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      Texas Production Factory to Solidify Company’s Position
      as a Trusted EV Charging Solutions Provider

SEOUL, Jan. 15, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) has expanded its electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions infrastructure, opening its first EV charger production factory in the U.S. The new, 5,500-square-meter facility, located in Fort Worth, Texas, will focus on delivering chargers for the North American market and is expected to have an annual capacity of more than 10,000 units.
      The factory is LG’s first EV charger production site outside of South Korea, where the company last year opened an EV charger manufacturing operation under its affiliated company HiEV Charger.
      LG chose to establish its U.S.-based EV charger production factory in Texas for multiple, strategic reasons, such as the ability to utilize existing facilities. The state also boasts excellent logistics and transportation networks and is home to major operations for companies in industries ranging from automobile manufacturing to finance.
      In 2023, when announcing the company’s future vision, LG CEO William Cho noted that ‘Electrification’ would be a major driver of rapid mid- to long-term growth. LG’s entry into the U.S. EV charging market will enable the company to address rising local demand and discover new business opportunities. Strategically and philosophically aligned with several of the energy and environmental goals set out in the U.S. government’s Inflation Reduction Act, the sustainability-focused company is committed to bolstering its EV charger business, and has commenced plans to grow its presence around the world, including in Asia and Europe.
      LG has started assembling 11kW chargers at its Texas factory and will begin production of 175kW fast chargers within the first half of the year. LG also aims to introduce a 350kW ultra-fast charger in 2024, expanding its EV charger lineup to meet the varied needs of customers, especially those operating in areas such as commercial travel and long-distance transportation.
      The company is quickly earning a reputation as a reliable EV charger provider thanks to its manufacturing capabilities, quality control and after-sales service. Through emphasizing its differentiated offerings, including control and advertising solutions, LG is confident that the EV charging solutions business will continue to improve its market position over the mid- to long-term.
      Furthermore, LG intends to tap into the diverse EV charging demands of various businesses and facilities, such as hotels, shopping malls, retail stores, gas stations and parking garages, to drive future growth. LG’s B2B experience in the U.S. hotel TV and digital signage sectors provides valuable insight that is expected to aid in the U.S. expansion of the company’s EV charging solutions business.
      The global EV charging market is expected to grow to USD 186 billion by 2030, according to Roland Berger, a global management consulting firm. The market expansion is being driven by several factors, including the ongoing implementation of regulations aimed at protecting the environment and the continuous progress of vehicle electrification.
      “By establishing our EV charger production factory in Texas, we will be able to actively respond to the rapidly growing demand for EV infrastructure in the U.S.,” said Jang Ik-hwan, president of the LG Business Solutions Company. “LG is dedicated to delivering uncompromising quality and will offer customers reliable EV charging solutions that combine efficient charger units with advanced control systems.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Tom S.
      New user to the forum!  
      My TV is an LG OLED 65B6P, which was working fine until a few days ago, when the magic remote pointer and OK button stopped working (was getting message that Bluetooth needed to be initialized).  After making the mistake of calling product support, they had me do a factory reset, but that didn't fix the issue, and only made it worse, as now I can't proceed from the "Start Up" menu as I can't click the OK button.  I'm dead in the water, and have even tried this with 2 different magic remotes!  I've tried the pairing and unpairing suggested on numerous support sites, and can't get anywhere with this.  Can't even find an LG service center in the Boston area.
      I also have a Harmony Ultimate remote, but that likely won't help here, as I can't get the "OK" button assigned in the TV's current state.
      Any help is appreciated!
    • By Francisco Estrada
      I have the LG WP401 webOS Box model, to configure it, the previous administrator gave it a password and it did not leave it for me.
      How can I give it a factory reset or change the current password to be able to enter via the Web, to use the content manager and control manager
      Thanks for the help