Quantcast

vhs blank scree

jetsets

Question

Hi all we have a 50inch LG smart tv with Web os.

Connected a VHS Tape player to our tv with the scart (only one scart on tv) and most of time we only hear sound, no picture. sometimes the picture appears and then goes again.

Similarly when the tape isn't playing and you are in the On screen menu on the VCR then no pic is shown. It knows its connected because when you unplug the scart it says no input .

This VCR plays fine on all our families other TVs fine including 3 Panasonics flatscreens and an LG Plasma about 6 years old.

tried it with another VCR and its still the same problem

Plugged a DVD player in and its ok.

anyone else seen this..

Confused.com !!!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By will price
      I’m turning on with remote and then it automatically turns blank after a few seconds 
      comes on with lg logo but after a few seconds turns blank and will not do anything or display anything 
    • By mikemilw2002
      Hello,
      This is a much asked about question:
      LG Smart LED TVs that turn on for a second, show the LG logo, then a black screen ensues.

My TV is a LG 43uj6200 TV.
      I have tried the typical troubleshooting steps involving holding the power down for 15 seconds while unplugged, then waiting up to 15 min, then holding down the power again while it turns on. No fix there.

I am getting the 3 red blinks, but the system will stay on (at least the motherboard does). 3 red blinks indicates that it is a power supply issue, from what I read.

Also, I visually looked at the mainboard for faulty caps (leaky or busted cans). Nothing visible. I have read that there is a power diode that could be bad. I did a diode check on all diodes near the "blue rectangular component" (possibly a relay?) None of the diodes showed an open circuit or an infinite voltage.
      I do not have an ESR/LCR meter but am going to get one in a few days.

I measured the voltage on the output of the power board and it is supposed to be 13.2 volts. I got 13.08V. Measuring the second to last pin (P-ON), I got 3.2V. I am not sure if that is up to par. I think 3.3V is the requirement for the mainboard.

The last pin at the bottom of the connector is called INV-OK or something like that. I measured 2.85V there. Are these voltages within spec?

I have also read that the LEDs could be open circuited or failing which would draw more current than the power board can handle. This could also cause the shutdown.

Does anyone have any other repair tips for this? I really don't want to have to buy a new power or mainboard.

Thanks
      Mike
    • By Jk007
      I recently bought A LG WEBOS TV MODEL NO : 49LJ617T. In the night I turn off the TV with the remote and then turn off the mains switch of the TV. When I turn On the TV in the morning, Black or coloured screen appear with only sound but when I reboot the TV again the LG logo appears again and the TV function normally. Sometimes the software doesn't load and the magic remote doesn't work.  The software version is 3.6.0-1003(dreadlocks2-dorrigo). 
      Is this a problem with the software or hardware ? What is the possible solutiton for the problem ? Please help. 
      Thank you 
    • By d2ogilvi
      I have a new LG OLED65C7P TV running webOS 3.5.  I'd like to be able to turn off the screen when listening to muisic CDs.  How can this be done?  I using the "music" app on the "select connected devices" page.  Thanks in advnce!
    • By Mohamed El Ghandour
      Hi,
      I just installed the jdk and Oracle VB, then I installed the SDK with the installer.

I walked through this guide 
      link hidden, please login to view  
      but I got the first problem that the emulator didn't run probably. So I lowered the processor CPU to 1.

It runs finally but a blank black page, I tried to launch the application installed from the App Manager, but nothing.