Quantcast

2014 LG 42LB6300 no FF from NAS

TXcrude

Question

I have had my 2014 LG 42LB6300 for several years now, but one thing that bothers me the most is that I am not able to fast forward or rewind when I am watching movies (DiVX) from my Zyxel NSA221 NAS (DLNA support). It works perfectly from my 2011 LG 55LW6500 which does not have WebOS.

I also works when playing movies from USB stick or HDD, so it must have something to do with the XFS (or EXT4) filesystem.

In addition the TV will sometimes just stop the movie halfway though and start loading the next movie. I don't think it is an issue with my network since I have Gigabit throughout the house.

2 answers to this question

On 7/23/2017 at 1:55 PM, nemilose said:

Did you try some other DLNA server on NAS? I do not know what is the situation with Zyxel, but on my QNAP I can run Plex, Serviio, Twonky...

I have have been meaning to install Plex but haven't had time to research and do it. I also bought a newer enclosure NSA 325 v2 but don't have drives yet (2x 4 TB). I know that one definitely supports Plex.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Zen James
      Can older model LG TV get the LG Content Store installed?  If yes, how?
    • By Alex
      Hulu will be ending support for LG smart TVs running the Hulu app version 1.1 starting on July 24th, 2019.  Hulu has confirmed that LG TVs made in 2014 and earlier with webos 3.0 will no longer be supported.
      Supported LG models
      You can download the Hulu app on a variety of supported devices, but the content and features that you have access to will vary depending on your plan and the version of our app that your device supports.
      Latest Hulu app
      Some LG models support the latest Hulu app — complete with access to new features and all of the content that you subscribe to.
      This version of the Hulu app comes pre-installed on:
      All LG TVs with WebOS 3.5 or higher Select devices with WebOS 3.0 – not including the B6, UH6350, and UH6330 models, or the UH77, UH76, and UH61 series All LG TVs powered by Roku TV Classic Hulu app
      Most older LG models running on WebOS 3.0 still feature the classic Hulu app. All viewers can use the models listed below to watch videos from the Hulu streaming library, but they will not have access to certain features, Premium Add-ons, or live TV.

Not sure?
      You can check LG's website for information about your specific TV model. Or, you can find the model or serial number in the following locations:
      On the back of the unit By pressing the Mute button 3 times on the control remote to display the model information Older models can press the Home button on their remote and select Settings or Setup > Support Menu > Product/Service Info – and then press OK .
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By hardimpct
      I base my question upon the press release from LG that they will launch a brand new webOS for their 2015 smart tv line of products, see
      link hidden, please login to view.  
      Not much is revealed in that press relase of requirements, like processor  requirements, type of tv model supported and so on.

A natural question would be, will it be backward compatible with year model 2014 TV`s and will we see the ability for a free update, eg. for the dual core based smart tv LB670 series.

So please, in this thread you can post updated information of further detail of what will be the requirements.

/hardimpct
    • By Alex
      Thanks to Ruud, one of our members, for posting about this article from CNET.

CNET is reporting as of yesterday that LG is planning to update all 2014 TV models to webOS 2.0. This would be a flip in direction from what they had announced earlier in the year. The articles states that the update will start rolling out mid year to all models. We'll have to wait and see!

The company has confirmed to CNET that its 2014 Web OS 1.0-equipped TVs, including sets like the 55EC9300 OLED, will be updated to version 2.0 of the operating system.

The update will happen sometime in the second half of 2015, and will be rolled out to every 2014 TV with Web OS, in every territory worldwide.

Source:
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By bltank
      I have purchase LG 47LB6700 - TA during year 2014 and model year is Aug-2014 running on webos 1.4.
      I have observed that LG has announced the webos 2.0 upgrade for the model which is manufactured during year 2014.
      Hence, when webos 2.0 will be available for 47LB6700 - TA in India?
      Bhavesh
  • Similar Tagged Content