Quantcast

Peguy

Question

I managed to see my dlna server (NAS drive, networked media center) when I first got my TV a few months ago using the Photos & videos app, but now there doesn't seem to be any option to look for it anymore? I've searched high and low  through all the apps, even downloaded a few, but to no avail - anyone have any suggestions as to have w to connect to networked media devices?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kavitha
      Model: 42UB700T-TH version 03.02.25. Has not got any software update since  3-4 Years - What a mess...…
      This TV is just a random box now... Once purchased this model - new version from LG was introduced; making this just a playing box...
      None of the recent OTT's can be installed..
      We need a fix or else some solution to it.
      Its really a disheartening experience after being loyal to this brand in any appliance we purchase.
    • By Chris Jones
      Hi,
      My TV is driving me nuts!

I keep getting reminders for programs starting for programs I don’t watch or have never watched and 2. The tv even switches on for scheduled programs that I haven’t set.. actually I have only ever set one program reminder and that has now been deleted.

I can’t see any programs in the reminder page or anywhere in the tv programmer?

Short of resetting the tv I don’t know what else to try? And I don’t really want to do that until I know how the tv ended up like this? Plus I don’t want to have to reload and sign in to all my apps 😬
    • By mdale9
      Recently bought 2021 model OLED 55” A1 with WebOS 6(I think). When watching anything on all4 ( I know I’m lucky that I could get all4 after reading about 2020 models), but there seems to be an issue that the TV doesn’t seem to realise that there is content playing and so the screensaver comes on every 2 minutes.  
      Anyone else got this issue and more important how to fix it?
    • By Azwan Azahari
      I hope LG will consider to enable the Disney+ Hotstar Apps for Model 2016 LG TV. My LG TV Model is 55UH617T.  I've raised this concern few times and hope LG will take necessary action.
    • By Jonos1
      Anyone have a problem with this app running on LG 4K TV?
      iPlayer app constantly buffers or locks up
      I switch to NOW TV box (not app) & can watch  iPlayer without an issue.
      Also NETFLIX & other catch up apps  work without any buffering or locking.
      Interested to hear your thoughts....

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Khamikaze
      Hi there,

So VLC (via DLNA) does not see LG TV webOS as renderer option.
      Even Windows 7 (via Explorer / Windows Media Player) sees it.

What's special about LG TV webOS DLNA implementation that VLC does not see it?

Thanks,

PS: Some other related posts on this.

VLC Streaming to LG Smart TV

VLC on LG C8.

Streaming from Windows VLC to LG webOS TV?

How do I stream to my LG TV using the VLC Media Player on my HP Envy Desktop that is Running Windows 8

link hidden, please login to view  
    • By powder
      Hello friends,
      I have setup a home network in Windows 10, I think it uses DLNA. I can play all the files from the computer or the USB stick in the router with no issue but the external subtitles (correctly named) are not working in my 65C9, only internal ones. 
      If I access the same files in the network from a computer, there is no problem and subtitles are shown, it's only the TV not displaying them.
      Can someone help in how to make external subs work when played from a local network or what to check?

Thanks

• By pojar
      Hello,
      I have  and I've been trying to play video in mkv format streamed via DLNA, subtitle file is in .srt format in the same folder as the video and with same name.
      But the TV doesn't show subtitle. However, to play the same video from a USB, TV perfectly reproduces the video with subtitles.
      I'm running link hidden, please login to view from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
      I wonder if there is still no support in WebOS for external subtitles via DLNA.
      Update:
      Nevermind. Got it. Support for external subtitle was added  in most recent code of Rygel.

• By mmerc2004
      I have 2 LG TV's both running different versions of WebOS 3.x (UJ6300 and UH6550). The 6550 picks up my DLNA NAS, but the 6300 does not AFTER I unplugged and moved my NAS. Everything else works fine - can see the storage on my computer on the other TV (and play content), but not on the 6300. This used to work fine, but after cleaning up my server room, this one TV is uncooperative. 
      Any ideas?