Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stanleycat

webOS 3.0 does not support HBO GO

Question

I just started a subscription to HBO via my cable provider which includes HBO GO.  I read in this forum that an article was published that stated that LG now supports HBO GO through webOS.  This is not true.  I called LG yesterday and confirmed that HBO GO is not supported on webOS.  They also didn't know if it would work through the browser because of possible Adobe Flash incompatibilities.  I tried accessing HBO GO via the browser and I wasn't able to access the login page.  I decided to purchase a Roku box.  I'm very disappointed.  If I had known I would need to do that I would have never purchased a smart TV.  I could have purchased a standard flat screen TV along with a Roku box and I would have been better off.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

2 answers to this question

I encountered the same thing both with trying to get the aoo and trying to go through the browser. Bummed!

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.