Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alex

How to Use LG Smart TV Magic Remote (2016) | LG USA

1 post in this topic

The LG Magic Remote makes clicking, pointing, scrolling and using voice commands fun and easy. And with webOS 3.0’s intuitive Smart TV Launcher menu that pulls together all of your entertainment, the Magic Remote really does put everything at your fingertips. Change the channel. Search for something new. Operate your connected devices. You can even use the unique LG Voice Mate™ speech recognition feature to find what you need. Now you can spend less time navigating confusing menus and juggling remotes. Ready to learn how to use your LG Magic Remote? Watch this quick video and then grab your Magic Remote and get ready to make the most of your entertainment experience. Learn more about the LG Magic Remote here: http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/s... See our full line of LG Magic Remotes: http://www.lg.com/us/magic-remote LG Device Connector: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By Tom S.
      New user to the forum!  
      My TV is an LG OLED 65B6P, which was working fine until a few days ago, when the magic remote pointer and OK button stopped working (was getting message that Bluetooth needed to be initialized).  After making the mistake of calling product support, they had me do a factory reset, but that didn't fix the issue, and only made it worse, as now I can't proceed from the "Start Up" menu as I can't click the OK button.  I'm dead in the water, and have even tried this with 2 different magic remotes!  I've tried the pairing and unpairing suggested on numerous support sites, and can't get anywhere with this.  Can't even find an LG service center in the Boston area.
      I also have a Harmony Ultimate remote, but that likely won't help here, as I can't get the "OK" button assigned in the TV's current state.
      Any help is appreciated!
    • By Superholed by LG
      Hocus Pocus, with one wave of the "Magic Remote" LG Superholed me just one week before the Superbowl. My LG TV would not work due to the "Magic Remote" failing to register. I did a 'hard reset' at the tech's request which was to press home and back for 5 seconds, followed by the OK button 5 or 10 times. Unplug and unbattery everything, fresh batts, nothing worked. There is NO workaround for this issue, and after resetting to factory presets and all updates, I am now stuck with a TV that does not work. In a chat with tech support at LG, I was informed that ALL LG tvs now depend on pairing with the remote to work. He stated this includes the coming Signature W Series OLED77W7P, OLED65G6P , OLED65E6P , OLED55E6P C6 OLED OLED65C6P , OLED55C6P OLED65C6P , OLED55C6P B6 OLED OLED65B6P , OLED55B6P OLED65B6P , OLED55B6P. Failure can be caused by Bluetooth failing within the TV, the remote failing to work, or possibly a software update issue. For instance. In any case, your TV could become worthless ANY time due to the "magic remote" working. Good luck finding a used one as authorized LG retailers have already stopped selling replacement remotes for a TV manufactured less than 2 years ago.

My question: How have other consumers been able to recover their losses from LG?
    • By ragerino
      I saw this TV for €749. Since someone answered on amazon.de that the Magic Remmote will work I decided to grab this TV.
      Now my Magic Remote arrived and I have problems registering it with the TV. When I press the wheel-button I get te message "Failed to register Magic Remote. Please try again".
      I already tried changing the location from Austria to Germany (as described in another thread here), hoping to get a firmware update to resolve this problem.
      Would be great if anyone could help me to make it work!
    • By ajaykarwal
      Hi Folks.. newbie to the forum.

I have a question regarding the voice search on the magic remote.

I have a LG 49UF850V and when I perform a voice search I seem to only get results from YouTube. Is this expected behaviour or an issue?

I'd love a way to get results from other apps I have installed - mainly Amazon Video and BBC iPlayer.

Cheers for the help!

AJ