Quantcast

[pivotCE]LuneOS Update for November

pivotCE

No release this month folks!

We’re doing some long overdue maintenance on our buildambox_warning_blue_construction-svg servers and related services. They were still running Ubuntu 14.04 so we have now updated them to the latest Ubuntu LTS release 16.04.1. Most of the updates went fine but we still have a few loose ends to address, specifically with some build issues for the Touchpad kernel.

In the meanwhile we were able to fix some of the MediaWiki issues that happened after we upgraded MediaWiki earlier which broke templates and the change log.

We have also started to do initial testing for migrating to the latest Yocto 2.2 release called Morty and initial (local) testing is underway for a Qt 5.7 migration as well. These are not expected to hit the next release yet, but it’s all work in progress for now. It’s not included in the nightlies yet for now.

We are also venturing in paving the way for updating some of our builds to a CM 12.1 (Android 5.1) and CM 13.0 (Android 6.0) build. This should also help for future ports to more recent devices.

In the meantime you can get our

link hidden, please login to view
and help us test and

We’re always looking for energetic volunteers to .

See you next month!

Related posts:

• Similar Topics

• By OliverRC
      Up until a few days ago my TV and AVR have been working perfectly since I bought it.
      Zero hassles with HDMI and connectivity.
      Then I was prompted to update to the latest software version which I did and now often when I switch HDMI (running on 1) it picks up the device name, CEC works but I get “No Signal”… and then nothing.
      Just stays on “No Signal”. It is almost as if some HDMI handshake breaks and now the driver is in a broken state.
      I’ve found that if I hard power off and power on the device sometimes works but I don’t want to do that every time especially since it’s hard to get to the power.
      This really strikes me as a software issue with the latest update as absolutely nothing else has changed in my setup.
      I’ve tried:
      Different HDMI cables (high quality) Deep colour settings Reset the TV to factory default Different HDMI ports TV
      Model: OLED65G26LA / OLED65G26LA.HFBQLWK WebOS TV Version: 8.3.0.2301 Software Version: 13.30.56 AVR & Devices
      Marantz SR5015 Nvidia Shield Pro PS5
        The setup is the conventional AVR installation as shown in the attached file

Has anyone else experienced this? 
      Is it possible to revert the software update?
    • By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By Alex
      Automatic Firmware Update
      Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launcher bar.
      Click the Settings icon in the top-right.
      Choose the All Settings option at the bottom.
      Choose the General menu from the left.
      Scroll down, near the bottom of the list, and select About this TV.
      From here, make sure Allow automatic updates is checked, and click the Check for updates button.
      If an update is found, follow the steps on screen to download and install it.

• By DavidSr
      We have two LG TV's that stopped connecting to our PLEX media server after the last update. TImes out saying "Checking connection speed to Raspberrypi" which the PLEX is on
      Upgraded the Mesh Routers before trying anything, still only the PLEX app doesn't work
      Our other TCL TV and Roku and TIVO still work with Plex, so this is only the LG TV's that can't connect anymore.
      Another annoying error after the last update is that any Streaming app (Amazon, Netflix, and DIsney) now fall out of the app and go back to HDMI port 1 if we pause for 30 seconds.  Which we have always done for a Bathroom break or getting drinks.
    • By Maher1976
      Hi
      I have smart LG tv 2015 model 42LY760H. 
      I think I have WebOs-1 .
      I am trying to find update to download it on USB stick but I couldn't find even on lg official website. 
      Do you have any useful information or link to help me.
      Thank you