Quantcast

[pivotCE]Christmas News Crumbs, 2016

pivotCE

We send our best wishes to our readers at this time of year. To those that celebrate Christmas, other seasonal festivals or none at all, be of good cheer for webOS still seems to be here for another year!

News crumbs is where we briefly note stories that may have some interest to webOS users. In light of the season, this one will be a little ‘fatter’. Let’s

link hidden, please login to view

• The start of this month saw the arrival of a new app for webOS. The occasional app still appears along with the various fixes and patches that keep the system running despite the time that has passed since any official, corporate support from it’s creators. These gifts are usually unexpected, so pleasant surprises. , a client for the Telegram messaging service, may have brought an additional gift. Singaporean developer and forum member, ‘mrrekcuf’ originally created the app as a for a competition to make a Blackberry 10 app. To port it to Legacy webOS has also meant porting the . It is this up to date version that has allowed many of the new features of LuneOS, including a modern browser. It remains to be seen if this development will lead anywhere, but if one thing could bring yet another lease of life to Legacy webOS, a new browser would be it. .
  • At , the build servers will be down for the last few days of 2016. Don’t panic! It is only for maintenance and upgrades. LuneOS developers take note.
  • For those developing apps for LG webOS televisions, note that LG’s developer website will also be shut down just after Christmas. Again, it is merely to allow for a new, improved site! Here’s the . From the 27th the new web address will be:
  • Over the years, webOS enthusiasts have experienced highs and lows from the . At this time of year we look to the start of January to see what items of interest may be exhibited in Las Vegas. One such item is the . While only a slight step to a new product category, this at least shows LG’s continuing commitment to webOS in their audio / visual products. .
  • News that may be of interest to Palm fans is that TCL / Alcatel has to produce phones (the last couple of BB phones were rebranded TCL models). New products may well be exhibited at next month. Notable for us was almost two years ago. Since that announcement, there has only been silence… .
  • Another gift! This time it is for PalmOS users. Games company, have . You will need to dig out the apps from your archive (or get them by other means), but you can now activate them on new or reset devices. .
  • Remember Classic? It was the PalmOS emulator you could use to run old Palm apps on webOS. Those who follow us on Twitter, may have noticed a few retweets when former editor of , Dieter Bohn announced a redesign of his current site, . He rashly promised a sticker for the first screen shot of the site on a Palm Pre. .

That’s it for now. See you in the new year with an announcement about pivotCE.

Related posts:

• Similar Topics

• By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By Puja aingh
      Dear LG TEAM,       Kindly update my content store because I can't find the HOTSTAR APP AND JIO CINEMA ZEE5 AND SONY LIV   THANK & REGARDS VIKASH SINGH  
    • By ahmed.sadeks
      could u plz provide me with the link for LG TV firmware version (4.05.01) on google drive 
      MODEL #43UF680T -TA
      or any firmware works with this model.
    • By blshambles
      When will the 4.0 update be available for my 2016-17 LG Smart TV?  I just got Alexa and can't use it for the TV unless it has the 4.0 version.  Model #70UH6350-UB.
    • By News Reporter
      At the start of every year, almost everybody in the tech world gathers in Las Vegas to show off their newest products, technologies and concepts at CES, the world’s biggest consumer electronics show. This year, participating companies were determined to demonstrate how their innovative products and solutions help solve some of Earth’s greatest challenges and change the lives of thousands, if not millions, for the better.
      Inspired by its belief that the answer is always with the customer, LG showcased its most advanced customer-centered innovations that provide entirely new value and convenience to its customers. Here are the five tech keywords for 2023 which cover the areas of personalization, sustainability and virtual reality.

Me, Myself and I
      With far more people inclined to seek a living space that fully matches their personality, leading consumer electronics companies are rethinking their product development approach in order to build appliances that not only possess excellent features, but also blend effortlessly into various home interiors.
      With this new attitude also comes a greater demand for personalized viewing experiences, especially as people spend more time at home since the onset of the pandemic. That’s why every TV being released is now equipped with an operating system that employs all kinds of features that help individuals find their perfect show instantly with next to no effort on their part.

Future of Mobility
      Major car makers are shifting their production to electric vehicles and joining top-tier tech software companies to reimagine what a car could and should do in the future. The growing importance of the in-vehicle experience is transforming the future of automobility.
      LG’s Vehicle component Solutions Company is committed to enhancing the driving experience through its expertise and know-how of vehicle parts technologies, so that its customers can develop advanced car models that make the journey more entertaining, easier and, most importantly, safer.

Lifestyle Devices for Healthier Life
      After living with the pandemic for so long, people are now more concerned with their health than ever before. Under these renewed circumstances, people desire lifestyle devices and solutions that can empower them to take control of their health care and wellbeing while lowering costs at home.
      In line with this trend, lifestyle devices and solutions with digital health technologies will stand out for these growingly discerning customers, who are willing to pay more for products that seem to be made for their healthier lives.

Sustainable Living
      For everyone who attended or followed this year’s CES, it was clear that sustainability was a major focus. More and more companies, regardless of size and industry, are ranking sustainability higher on their business agendas, which means more companies are inventing products and services with various eco-friendly and accessible features.
      LG showcased the company’s ESG vision in an exclusive exhibit through the Better Life for All zone at CES 2023, introducing a comprehensive overview of LG’s sustainability efforts.

Be in It
      With the metaverse still deemed to be the future for tech, especially in the gaming industry, more and more people want cutting-edge devices that can make images or sounds that appear far more lifelike than today.
      Driven by growing expectations and demand for a greater sense of reality, more innovative products that help users feel fully immersed in the digital environment will be further thrust into the spotlight in 2023.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view