Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

archer75

HEVC no longer working

I have been streaming my h.265 movies via plex to my LGOLED65B6P and plex showed they were direct playing, no transcoding.  However after the firmware update this week all my H.265 movies are now transcoding.  Seems the firmware update broke HEVC/H.265?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Problem with voice instructions before update

I have a TV LG 43UK6950PLB. Recently I updated to latest firmware version which is 04.10.04. When I try use de Magic Remote Control giving orders through the microphone, I receive a message like there is a problem with server temporarily and error 6022. I think is something about the update but how can return to previous version? Is this happening to someone else? Please give some advice. Thanks  

By Miguel Angel, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • Question: Super slow internet (WiFi) when streaming

Hi, I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range. I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue? Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it?    Br, Nick

By NickL, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 5 answers
    • Question: Streaming 4K content with high bitrate

Hi.  I've got a LG OLED C7 with smart IP TV app. I'm having trouble watching 4k movies with high bitrates ( some movies have bitrates higher than 80mpbs). I already connected the TV with wifi AC (5Ghz) instead of ethernet connection (which has only 100mbps port).   My internet connection has a speed of 200mbps (tested on tv browser).  Nevertheless I'm struggling playing those 4k high bitrate movies. Every few minutes it buffers. What can be the problem? The TV plays high bitrate movies from USB or bluray and the internet speed should be enough for those bitrates.  Is it possible to install a gigabit ethernet port in the pcmcia port? Thanks for your help. 

By bfds89, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 9 answers
    • WebOS TV Firmware version

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set: - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

By majorusa, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 1,355 replies
    • Question: Can’t update Hulu from Hulu +

Have earliest oled smart TV which has Hulu+ but can’t upgrade to Hulu with liveTV. Had to get Amazon Fire to get it. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to delete app and get app I need?   Thanks . [email protected]

By MeLu, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers