Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jeffery Hussin

Will my TV get webos 3.0

Question

Hi everyone, I would like to know if my tv will ever get an update to the new webOs 3.0, I have bought this tv on january 2016 model 43UF6407 at the moment it has 2.1.1 WebOS, after too many tries on google didn't find any good answer and I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade or wait the official OS from LG.

Thanks

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

4 answers to this question

There is no official word from LG at this time if the 2015 models will ever get 3.0, but since my TV 65UF9500 is a flagship, I am holding out hope that it will at least receive some of the features of 3.0. Particularly the app that allows it to stream live TV from the internet. 

LG did me right by updating this TV to be HDR compatible and i am hopeful there is still more to come. 

That's not entirely true deadringer28. Back in January we were told specifically that 2015 models would get a 'lite' version of webOS 3, which effectively contained all the features even if it was not specifically called webOS 3. See here:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1452513673

There was further word of the update in April, here:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137217-lg-talks-webos-3-0-and-freeview-play-updates-roll-out-starting-in-may

But of course, there's no sign so far. Presumably it's imminent, however, as the 'lite' update to webOS 1 rolled out around this time last year. The sooner the better really.

On a related note, I was interested to see your reference to an HDR update to your set. I didn't know that was possible. How did it happen if I may ask?

1 person likes this

That's not entirely true deadringer28. Back in January we were told specifically that 2015 models would get a 'lite' version of webOS 3, which effectively contained all the features even if it was not specifically called webOS 3. See here:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1452513673

There was further word of the update in April, here:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137217-lg-talks-webos-3-0-and-freeview-play-updates-roll-out-starting-in-may

But of course, there's no sign so far. Presumably it's imminent, however, as the 'lite' update to webOS 1 rolled out around this time last year. The sooner the better really.

On a related note, I was interested to see your reference to an HDR update to your set. I didn't know that was possible. How did it happen if I may ask?

There is information about my TV being updated to include HDR here. 

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2496586-latest-lg-65uf9500-firmware-update-hdr.html

And it was also discussed here on the LG WebOS forum though I can not find the thread for it right now. 

Intriguing, thanks. Which one's you in that thread then? I am I must admit a little afraid of checking my own set, because if I find it doesn't support HDR the urge to buy a new one might overcome me :/