Quantcast

Implement proper EPG-Guide for scheduled recordings

schlurch

webOS just uses DVB-EPG data which is poor and drives scheduled recordings useless.

Please implement a proper EPG-webservice which provides editorial processed EPG-data bought from a proper EPG service provider. This request is for German EPG-data but may be also relevant for the rest of the world.

Developments of new features have stalled dramatically since the release of webOS 1.0. Please work on making the OS seriously better.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JohnoFon
      I am using an LM6300PLA, WebOS version 05.30.11
      When I try to record a series from the Live TV - using input the satellite connection - the first episode records correctly, but subsequent episodes all stop after 3 minutes.
      What am I doing wrong?
      Further annoyances are that I can't just set it to record all episodes of a particular show (the way my HUMAX Freesat does), but only 'repeat recording on specified days' with no end-date.
      Does this mean that the recorder has no access to the Electronic Programme Guide, but just sets a time and duration? If the broadcaster reschedules the programme does the recorder just pick up the replacement?
    • By Fritz Heckert
      I bought a new LG Smart TV Type: 43UQ75009LF.AEUD with webOS 22.
      I previously had the type: 43UH620V with webOS 4
      The problem is that I have a lot of recordings from the old LG TV on my hard drive, all from non-encrypted, open channels such as ARD and ZDF Germany, which I can no longer play on the new LG TV because the data is encrypted .
      Is there a solution to make these files (STR), I copied the whole "LG Smart TV" folder including the "lg_dvr" subfolders and the "TN" folder to my iMac, to make it viewable again?
      I know that the .STR files contain the video. Is there a solution under macOS or Windows10(11) to decrypt this data and make it viewable?
      I couldn't find anything with a Google search.
      Thanks for tips on this.

• By Max Overpower
      When playing files using the built-in media player on the LG C1, webOS 6, the support for AV1 and any kind of 7.1 audio is really lackluster:

In particular, when playing AV1 videos encoded using aomenc (the official AOM encoder) with the setting --enable-keyframe-filtering=2, there is a 10-15 second video freeze when starting playback and when seeking. The audio plays immediately from the moment where the video will eventually un-freeze and sync up. This encoder settings does universally mess with seeking, to some extent, particularly limiting seeking to each keyframe/GOP, but to mess up playback THAT much is not seen in any other mobile, desktop, or TV media player. This seriously needs fixing.

And another similarly atrocious flaw of the player, is that files with 7.1 audio do not play at all. I do not have a surround system, but it is expected that surround audio files are downmixed to your current audio setup, which does happen with 5.1 audio, but for whatever reason, if there is any 7.1 track in the file - it simply will not play. Which, again, is a behavior I have not seen on any other TV media player.
      Lastly, PGS subtitle format is not supported by the media player, and such subtitles will not show up in the list. Which again just seems like laziness, though it's not as major of an issue.
    • By Battersea
      I have recently purchased a 43UP81006LR tv and have a problem recording scheduled recordings. Selecting the programs isnt a problem and the program is listed in the TV Scheduler as required. However when the recording starts the program being watched at the time, changes to the program that is to be recorded, if you want to then go back you have to stop the recording.
      This effectively means I can only watch the program that I want to record. What am I doing wrong?
    • By escalinci
      Hello all,
      I'm recording DVB-T2 broadcasts in germany, and most broadcasters offer multiple audio tracks, between 2 to 4, in HE-AAC. When setting a recording plan, there is no option to choose an audio track. After recording, there is an option to choose audio tracks, but only the first track has been retained. Is this an unavoidable limitation, or can the multiple tracks be retained?
      Complicating matters is that often, multiple tracks are marked as German, so for instance with a dubbed program where the original sound is also broadcast, the original sound is often named as "German-2".
      Cheers!