frustrated

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hi folks, are there any updates on this? I'm sooo disappointed that I can't use my LG Magic remote to control our Sky Q box.
I forked out for the 55inch Oled thinking that this functionality would be a given, but sadly not. The Samsung TV/remote, purchased for the 2nd room, works a treat with Sky Q, surely LG can do the same?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Cheers
      My LG TV remote stopped working with my JAMO sound bar. As of yesterday, I can no longer control my sound bar volume with the TV remote. When I try to make the sound bar pair to the remote, nothing happens. I know it's not the sound bar because I took an old Samsung TV remote and it pairs perfectly with the sound bar. The bizarre thing is, I can pair the LG remote with the sound bar and the lights on the sound bar look like they are working perfectly until I turn on the TV. As soon as I do that, the remote no longer works with the TV. 
      The audio output is set to optical like it has been for the last two years. Nothing has changed except the remote not working. Samsung works fine, the small sound bar remote works fine. The LG remote controls the TV volume if I use the internal speakers. This makes no sense to me. 
    • By mayhemfiasco
      Is it possible to access Live playback, i.e. pause, rewind live TV with a universal remote, not using the LG magic remote?
      I have an LG 65" OLED B8 and use a Logitech Harmony 650 remote  - can't use the magic remote as a universal remote as my sound runs through an AV receiver connected via the toslink input on the TV, not HDMI., so no Simplink/CEC. 
      Live playback is working fine (recording to hard drive ok) and I would swear that when I set up the Logitech remote it was able to pause and rewind live TV just using the Play/Pause/Rewind  buttons on the harmony remote no problem, but when I tried it recently it wouldn't work. Nothing in my set up has changed. Has something changed with webOS??
      I've check the Harmony setup is correct and if I bring up the live playback scroll bar with the magic remote, then the buttons on the Logitech work perfectly so I don't think it's a Logitech Harmony problem.
      The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the harmony remote to bring up the Live Playback display, without using the magic remote.  I also find that shaking the magic remote to get the pointer doesn't work very well, so I have to move the scroll wheel to get the pointer, which changes the channel, so I'd rather avoid it altogether (I also feel like I used to be able to bring up the magic remote pointer by clicking the scroll wheel, but that doesn't work any more either. Did I imagine it?)
      Any suggestions on a button function I can program on the Harmony to bring up the Live Playback display, or better yet restore the ability to just press Play/Pause/Rewind on the Harmony and it works without needing the Live Playback scroll bar to be displayed first?
      Apologies if I haven't explained my issue properly. i've never had a problem with my OLED before ( I love it!) so am a first time poster. any ideas?
    • By David Mokida
      TV Model : LG 43UP7750
      Not sure if it's a hardware or Web OS fault , Whenever there is a powercut my TV fails to pick up system time automatically . There is a default time set and whenever I have a power cut the time is setting to the default time . I think that LG has not included any battery at hardware level to automatically store time . So whenever I have a powercut I have to wait for few minutes for my TV to set the time automatic . 
      My parents use hotstar app a lot so they get  an Certification error and asks to check the time since the certificate is expired . So they call me to set the time or restart the tv for it to automatically refresh the system time . 
      Make it a priority to set the system time first on restart . 

• By 65Nano816
      Hello I got Xiaomi mi box for android TV use and I want to connect it to magic remote into the list, mibox also, but impossible to command the mibox with magic remote.
      Can you have a solution to connect it correctly ?
    • By fade2gray
      Hi,

I can turn the Wi-Fi socket on and off using the Google Home app on my mobile phone by using the voice command "turn socket on" and "turn socket off".
      Using the same commands with Google assistant on the magic remote, will turn the socket on but will not turn it off.

Any advice please?