Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Hey! 

I hope that hasn't been covered a thousand times, but I can't find anything in terms of solutions:

All DVB-T2 channels crash my LG TV... switch off, reboot, and loop...

I saw some comments about this issue, so I'm not alone with it. What I'd like to know: Is there a fix? Some firmware I'm not aware of? It seems to be a problem since at least 10-2015 so... something even older?

Thanks for your answers! This is really annoying...

Roman, I (still) have the same issue.

* I'm running right now 05.05.01 (beta)

* Sometimes I can watch dvb-t2 channels without issues

* Some dvb-t2 channels in my area are h264 encoded, others in h265. Is that the same in your area?

In TV settings, check HbbTV options (ON or OFF). Some of the DVB-T2 channels, here in Serbia, were making that my 42LB650V crash/reboot constantly. I had to turn off HbbTV option. After that there was no more crashes. Let me know whether this can help you too...

I've made my own test about a month ago with DVB-T2. First try didn't work because I was using the roof antenna (no T2-channels found, T(1)-channels yes). So I've built my own antenna using a coax-cable. Worked. Found all DVB-T2 channels in southern Bavaria, could watch the free channels, for the encrypted ones I didn't hava a smartcard.

Tested for 2hours with no problems using a LG 49UF850V (similar to 49UF8509)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Pages reload on switch

Hi, I own an LG Smart TV (43LK5900PLA) and I seem to have an issue with the browser. If I have more than one tab opened if I switch between them, they refresh / reload. The thing is this doesn't always happen and I haven't been able to figure out why. One thing is for sure - it is really, really, REALLY annoying and makes browsing the internet impossible on websites that have pop-ups. You may ask why. Well, because they usually open a pop-up whenever you make your first click. Pop-ups open in a new tab and the browser automatically switches to it. After closing (or going to the initial website tab) it reloads and .. well.. the pop-up again. Also, it's impossible to check e-mails and open links too. Same story. You click on a link, a new tab opens and when you go back to the e-mail it reloads and the e-mail is opened no more. Like I said, this doesn't happen every time. 90% of the times, regardless of what sites I open, of what I have opened when the browser opens. The LG webOS is up to date and I've tried clearing the history and 'clearing the cache ' in the browser. Nothing works so I'm pretty disappointed. Thanks in advance.

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Can't find Zee5, AltBalaji and Hotstar app in LG content store

I have LG 43LF6300 WebOS TV, purchased it in Oct '15. I was trying to look for Zee5, AltBalaji and Hotstar in the LG content store and couldn't find anyone of them. I could read that many of the users here already have the app, can anyone guide me where to look for it? I have some 100 odd apps in content store but not the ones 'm looking for. Please suggest

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Question: " My Channels" keep disappearing

I have 49SJ810 TV.  There is a "My Channels" option to add your favourite live TV channels which is very useful as it is much quicker than going through the guide menu if you only watch a few channels regularly.  I have successfully set up my favourite channels under the "My Channels" card multiple times, but "randomly" something happens that makes them all disappear from the "My channels" card.  Furthermore, when this happens I don't even have the "add" option to add these back unless I switch the TV off and then on.  Have any other members experienced this?  I suspect it is a software bug but my searcher this hasn't been fruitful.  I contacted LG customer support who took me through the setup menu options to turn off the "programme List Update" feature, but that hasn't fixed it.  Help!!!

• Question: WebOS Browser issue

Recently am facing frequent crashes and slowness when using the Browser. I try streaming content and either the browser crashes half way or just keeps buffering.  I have been using this site for a while and didn't have any issues previously.  And the same site works flowlessly on other devices.  Anyone else facing these issues? Any remedies? 

• Question: Netflix Buffering Issue

know the smart tv apps often get shit on, but I’m not sure if the C8’s app is extra buggy or I got a lemon. After about 10-15 minutes into a show, Netflix’s buffering percentage will appear (usually at 99%) and then it errors out after a minute and I have to go back into the main menu and replay. I’ve got a PS4 Pro and a Roku as backups that don’t have this issue, but I really wanted to use the app built into the tv. It’s currently hardwired with an Ethernet cable.  Anybody else had this issue or know of any solutions?

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Similar Tagged Content

• By schlurch
      Model: 49UF850V and technically capable of receiving the recently started DVB-T2 service in Germany (device has a DVB-T2 tuner AND supports H.265). Firmware is 04.00.70. Location is Munich city center

Problem: no new T2-channels are found in channel search. The "old" DVB-T channels are found and work like expected.

Please fix this ASAP, LG. Otherwise, "Life is bad".