Quantcast

Voice Search into Amazon or BBC iPlayer

ajaykarwal

Question

Hi Folks.. newbie to the forum.

I have a question regarding the voice search on the magic remote.

I have a LG 49UF850V and when I perform a voice search I seem to only get results from YouTube. Is this expected behaviour or an issue?

I'd love a way to get results from other apps I have installed - mainly Amazon Video and BBC iPlayer.

Cheers for the help!

AJ

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ssaguiar
      I am developing an app wich is a video player for an iptv provider.
      The app is based on html5, css and javascript.
      At this point everything done till now is working and tested in 5 different browsers and in a Samsung smart tv.
      The problem is that when I installed this app in a LG tv it messed up all the interface.
      After searching for the problem I discovered that the use og css grid was the problem.
      LG WebOs doesn't have support for the grid system? The css grid exists at least from 2017.
      Any clues on how to solve this problem or I have to rewrite one version of the app only for the LG?

Thanks for any help.
    • By Silkshirt
      LG TV  SJ800V.  (2018 UK model).  Was  06.00.20  then became  06.00.25 and made no difference to this issue:
      Search page on YouTube had a microphone symbol.  This enabled Voice Search.
      Just recently, (whilst being 06.00.20),  MICROPHONE VANISHED.  It can't be got back.  I know of two other SJ800V TVs  with the same issue.
      I know of another two similar LG TVs - but different model numbers - which have no problem.  
      LG says it's probably a YouTube issue. Tried uninstalling and re-installing YouTube but no good... 
      What can be done? This TV is only 4 years old and I and I really don't see why I should have to  go and buy a new one...
    • By Chris Jones
      Hi,
      My TV is driving me nuts!

I keep getting reminders for programs starting for programs I don’t watch or have never watched and 2. The tv even switches on for scheduled programs that I haven’t set.. actually I have only ever set one program reminder and that has now been deleted.

I can’t see any programs in the reminder page or anywhere in the tv programmer?

Short of resetting the tv I don’t know what else to try? And I don’t really want to do that until I know how the tv ended up like this? Plus I don’t want to have to reload and sign in to all my apps 😬
    • By adamrt
      Bought a oled65g16la worse thing I ever did, how do you put a normal size plug behind a 19mm thick TV? answer is you can't!!
      I have a Sonos system, works fine on all other TV's, but I can only get Stereo out of it and not 5.1, it's connected via HDMI, supports ARC, I have gone to setting and tried everything, anyone have any idea's?
      Great picture, rubbish TV
    • By mdale9
      Recently bought 2021 model OLED 55” A1 with WebOS 6(I think). When watching anything on all4 ( I know I’m lucky that I could get all4 after reading about 2020 models), but there seems to be an issue that the TV doesn’t seem to realise that there is content playing and so the screensaver comes on every 2 minutes.  
      Anyone else got this issue and more important how to fix it?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By fade2gray
      Hi,

I can turn the Wi-Fi socket on and off using the Google Home app on my mobile phone by using the voice command "turn socket on" and "turn socket off".
      Using the same commands with Google assistant on the magic remote, will turn the socket on but will not turn it off.

Any advice please?
    • By Oskar Farbaniec
      Hello,
      I would like to know, if there are any cloud gaming services currently available on lg Web os? Like Google stadia, geforce now or Xbox game pass ?
    • By datdarndot
      I have a one year-old model 43UK6500AUA, with standard remote only (no Magic Remote). I can find no mention anywhere of Time Machine. Does this model not include Time Machine  II functionality? Must one have a Magic Remote to reveal this feature? I am also baffled by numerous references in the forum to using HDMI , which should not be necessary if using the TV's built-in tuner, as I intend to do. There is also mention of using USB3 for the external HDD. My TV has only  two  USB ports : USB1 and USB2 — or does this refer to USB 3.0 version (as opposed to USB 2.0)?
    • By Mofa
      Hi there,. 
      It is now clear that any  OS, except android and apple,  suffers from low number of apps. 
      It is a shame to struggle with a 'named smart tv' to run a Web site or find a commonly used app! 

Ok! We are stuck with this rubbish OS (bad OS due to the poor App stoee) , why LG doesn't develop an adapter to run android TV apps on the TV? Maybe after testing them, you can allow certain famous apps. Moreover, why don't they provide an easy porting tool for the developer?
      Anyway, if they don't do this, I would advise any one to buy an android TV and ignore the useless OSs such as Tiazen or Webos. 
      Regards,