Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ajaykarwal

Voice Search into Amazon or BBC iPlayer

Question

Hi Folks.. newbie to the forum.

I have a question regarding the voice search on the magic remote.

I have a LG 49UF850V and when I perform a voice search I seem to only get results from YouTube. Is this expected behaviour or an issue?

I'd love a way to get results from other apps I have installed - mainly Amazon Video and BBC iPlayer.

Cheers for the help!

AJ

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By Nishanth Noble
      Hey Guys!!
      I have been trying to use the voice search function on my Magic remote to do a voice search on youtube. However, every time I search, the Webos prompts me to open the browser instead of the Youtube app. Can anyone help me to configure the voice search function to open the youtube app on Webos 3
      Regards
      Nishanth
    • By Tom S.
      New user to the forum!  
      My TV is an LG OLED 65B6P, which was working fine until a few days ago, when the magic remote pointer and OK button stopped working (was getting message that Bluetooth needed to be initialized).  After making the mistake of calling product support, they had me do a factory reset, but that didn't fix the issue, and only made it worse, as now I can't proceed from the "Start Up" menu as I can't click the OK button.  I'm dead in the water, and have even tried this with 2 different magic remotes!  I've tried the pairing and unpairing suggested on numerous support sites, and can't get anywhere with this.  Can't even find an LG service center in the Boston area.
      I also have a Harmony Ultimate remote, but that likely won't help here, as I can't get the "OK" button assigned in the TV's current state.
      Any help is appreciated!
    • By Vasku
      I can find only one app on my LG PF1500W webOS enabled LED projector , the accuweather app. I can't find any other apps like Netflix. How can I run Netflix on this projector here in New Zealand? Is the LG content store not enabled in NZ? I have ordered the projector through Amazon US. Everything else seems to work fine. Including the LG TV Plus android app.
    • By BataviaDan
      I have webOS TV UH6100, software 04.31.10. 

Sometime in the last week something happened that caused my date, time, and location to be wonky.  I can't set them, and automate detect isn't working.  Same with allow automatic updates.  It says "may take a few seconds" but i've waited 15 minutes to 30 minutes with nothing happening.  Network connection is good - it is able to connect (according to the software).
      I've tried reset factory settings to no avail, because it says the tv will now restart - i get the spinning circle of dots - but it never restarts.  When I turn the tv off and back on, it's still in the same state.
      None of the apps will go anywhere either.
      Any ideas?  Thanks for your help in advance