Quantcast

How to watch HBO GO on a non supported TV

Leo Gsx

Question

2 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      Discovery+, the company’s subscription streaming service, is filling in some holes in its distribution lineup through a new agreement with LG.
      The app is now available on LG smart TVs in the U.S. including the company’s lineup of OLED TVs and QNED MiniLED TVs dating back to 2018 models. Users can now access discovery+ on LG’s webOS platform by saying "discovery plus" into their LG Magic Remote.
      Discovery+, which sells for $4.99 per month or $6.99 per month with no ads, is also available on Android and iOS devices, Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung and Xbox.
      "We are thrilled to expand the availability of discovery+ and provide LG customers a direct and easy way to stream our much-loved brands, series and talent," said Gabriel Sauerhoff, senior vice president of digital distribution and commercial partnerships for Discovery, Inc., in a statement. "The announcement of discovery+ on LG Smart TVs builds upon our existing relationship with a valued partner, and we look forward to the continued growth of discovery+ and reaching more fans around the world."
      The launch on LG TVs comes just one day after Discovery announced that Discovery+ will be available in Canada beginning October 18. The service will be priced at Can$4.99 per month, with an ad-free version available for Can$6.99 per month, and each account will include up to five user profiles and four concurrent streams.
      Discovery Inc. is currently in the process of merging with WarnerMedia, which will be spun off from AT&T. In August, Discovery CEO David Zaslav said he was recently in Washington, D.C. and didn’t pick up on any potential headwinds for the deal that will bring together HBO Max and Discovery+ under one banner.
      “There’s broad support for this transaction. We haven’t heard any pushback, we haven’t seen any public pushback,” he said. “Right now, it feels for us on every level like we’re seeing green lights. We’re not seeing any yellow or red lights.”
      Discovery and AT&T expect the deal to close by mid-2022.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view Discovery+ is available in Canada as of October 18.

• By Kanu Tomer
      Hotstar is not available for the lower versions of the tv and there are no updates applied by lg to the firmware.
      My tv is a 2016 model
    • By San Lam
      Why Netflix is not available in LG content store? My LG smart TV model is [LG] webOS TV UM7290PTD and my country region is Cambodia.
    • By Spoll
      It would be great if I didn't need to use an Amazon fire stick on my awesome oled tv to get the apps I want.
      Please update the webos to at least 4.0 on modelsOLED65B6PB6

• By News Reporter
      Leading the TV Gaming Experience With First Smart TV GeForce NOW App

SEOUL, Nov. 18, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announced partnership with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW, the premier cloud game-streaming service, for LG TVs running webOS.1 Boasting large screen sizes, lifelike picture quality and high refresh rates, LG’s OLED TVs are a perfect match for GeForce NOW. Currently available on NVIDIA SHIELD, Windows PC, macOS, Chrome OS, Android and Safari browser for iPhone and iPad. GeForce NOW allows gamers to start playing on their LG TVs and continue on nearly any device they own.
      The app will be available in beta starting this week in the LG Content Store on select 2021 LG 4K OLED, QNED Mini LED and NanoCell TV models in 80 markets.2 The app will enable LG TV owners with compatible TVs to instantly enjoy over 35 free-to-play games with just a compatible controller, no additional hardware required.
      Games include Rocket League and Destiny 2 plus hit titles such as Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and Crysis Remastered Trilogy, all playable at up to 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second. GeForce NOW Priority members get access to the most advanced platform for ray tracing and AI technologies, streaming from NVIDIA RTX-powered servers in data centers worldwide for the most responsive gameplay and gorgeous, high-quality graphics.
      The powerful combination of GeForce NOW and LG OLED TV will mean immersive gaming at its finest. LG OLED’s self-lit pixels ensure the most vibrant colors and deepest blacks to make in-game environments and characters more realistic than ever. LG TVs also deliver ultra-fast 1 millisecond response time and super-low input lag for smoother visuals, better control and a key advantage over the competition.
      “LG customers are expecting the best when it comes to gaming on a large screen,” said Lee Sang-woo, senior vice president of corporate business strategy at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “Partnering with NVIDIA to bring GeForce NOW to LG TV owners is a sign of our commitment to deliver the best gaming experience on LG TVs running webOS.”
      # # #
      1  Complete list of compatible TV models to be announced at a later date.
      2  NVIDIA GeForce NOW beta is fully functional with no restrictions in features or services.

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Michel Heinst
      No HBO GO on laserbeamer. I do have it on the LG nanocell tv both from 2019.
      I have updated the firmware manually, changed locations all without any success to find the app in the lg store.
      Can I download it manually somewhere?

• By Bonnie
      Hi,
      How do I install HBO GO on a 65UH615a? I looked under premium content and Apps & Games and cannot find it. Although it’s an older model, I keep the software up to date.
      Thanks in advance, Bonnie
    • By Stefan Mardale
      Hello,
      HBO Go has recently made updates to their app but it is not reflected on the TV. The old app, with grey icon (2014) has issues with the stream and I get very often the "buffering screen".  We need an update or switch to the "black" one(2017)  (the colors come from the official replay of HBO).
      When will the update be performed?
      Thank you!
    • By 1techsupport
      I just bought a 65 inch 4K TV.  I was hoping it would be loaded with apps, especially HBO GO, TBS, TNT etc etc.  When I go to premium apps there is only Hulu, Netflix and Amazon.  What the heck????
      lg-65UJ6540