Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

spike18_06

How To Upgrade webOS TV BETA Firmware

Question

Hi,

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to upgrade to BETA firmware? i can't find anything anywhere on the internet on how you do this and thought a new topic where people can share this info would be suitable :)

Regards,

Robbie

1 answer to this question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Super slow internet (WiFi) when streaming

Hi, I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range. I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue? Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it?    Br, Nick

By NickL, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 5 answers
    • WebOS TV Firmware version

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set: - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

By majorusa, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 1,355 replies
    • Screen Share with Windows 10

Has anyone been able to run Screen Share from a Windows 10 PC? Mine will not connect to the LG TV.

By bogeyman62, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 73 replies
    • Question: Cant watch internet programmes

Every time i try to watch netfilix or any other prigrammes on my smart tv. It restarts saying its going to  free space but still dont let me watch the app

By Maxwell loxley, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ MEGA | MediaFire ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
      2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
      3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
      4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your local IP address
      5. Save and exit
      6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
      7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
      8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
      9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
      10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
      11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
      12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
      14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
      15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
      16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila! 

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
      Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found here.  

By SIMON, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 270 replies