Quantcast

LG Full HD Smart LED TV 43LF630T - How To use DLNA feature ?

hanbal

Question

HI I am new to forum & new to LG Tv as well

i Just bought my LG tv few days back and trying to play my laptop data on my LG tv..... my tv & laptop are connect with the same router. I have installed Nero Media Home / Plex / Serviio these software on my laptop but my device not showing in Smart Share as described on LG page. also now showing on these software.

So want to know is there anything i am missing or is my tv support this feature on wifi network?

Thanks in Advance :)

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

10 answers to this question

Hi Newbie,  if you're using Plex Media server on your laptop, and you have the LG app for Plex (which I gather isn't available in WebOS2.x) then it should auto detect it, tbh I can't remember if I needed to login, though I do remember some months back you had to be a Plex Plus subscriber for the LG app to work, that might have changed though allowing non-paying Plex users to access it.  The DLNA features should similar just work if it is enabled on your media server... I know Plex has a DLNA toggle that you need switched to on in the settings....

If you can confirm what version of WebOS you have that might help in getting a better/clearer response.  I'll assume its WebOS2.x given you just got it, but just to be sure can you confirm?

yes this is Web Os 2.xx something can't tell you exact version because i am not near my tv right now.

but want to tell before Plex i have also used some other media server software but they are now showing my tv in their list &  my device also not showing in TV smart share service as well.

I am on a sharing networking is this make difference ? well i don't think so because my server software is detecting someones Samsung TV in list but my TV is not showing on server software also on my device now showing in my TV as well.

I have also ping my tv IP from my laptop & its giving proper response

HI just one more thing notices today whenever i connected my laptop display using wifi with my TV and after screen mirroring started i minimize that app & open SmartShare services & found that now my device is showing there in External Memory & also my laptop also finding my TV but in this way I would not be able to play anything because if i would try to connect two services at one time.... So just found that if i connect my laptop in any way wireless not for second screen then this option will work :0 Any Idea abt this that i can connect my laptop with TV using wifi

If you're talking about a laptop rather than a NAS, i'm guessing it needs to have network sharing enabled.  I don't use Windows so I'm probably not a lot of help to you, but if you have another device (laptop/pc), can you see the files from the one with the media on it on that one?  You maybe just need to ensure they are public (the folders where the media lives).  Generally DLNA just works in my experience although I must say the DLNA media browser in LG isn't very nice from a user experience point of view.  Did you say you have Plex media server running on that laptop, can you see the media via the web browser plex interface?  Have you installed the Plex app on your TV (if it's a 2015 model with WebOS2 i believe you may not be able to?)....

oh and about the two types of connections, mine seems to do this ok, I use Plex which serves all the media via the Plex app on my LG, but I can also access it via the media share/DLNA feature (if this is enabled in Plex), OR, if the NAS (in my case), or public shares (your case) are set up... It shouldn't make a difference as such.  Please note I am no tech wiz, and I don't use windows but from what little I do know and my experience I can't see why these two things would clash, but others may be more informed and experienced with Windows than I am.

I use Serviio on Windows 7.  Under "Library", I added all the local drive/folders where I keep my media files, select types (movie, pictures, music) and refresh.  There, you can also add the patch to your NAS.  Make sure the service is running on your PC (or your laptop).  In LG TV (I have 49UB8500 with first generation of WebOS), go to SmartShare, select "Device", you should see Serviio with your PC/Laptop name with it.  The WebOS implement is not as nice compared to other or even the old LG SmartTV Upgrade (ST600).  The icons image quality is terrible.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Miroslav Tuhársky
      Hello, I have LG OLED CX and recently the Youtube app has incorrect geographic data- CH. I am from Slovakia, the TV has never been to Switzerland. Nor physically, nor virtually (VPN). I am getting CH ads, which I dont mind so much, but I am afraid of possible in app geo restrictions.
      I already tried everything, even resetting the TV to default.  No other TV app is affected.
      Anybody please advise.

• By David J
      Hi all,

My LG OLED55E7N just updated to firmware 06.00.25. I must have wronged the god of Google, because I fail to find any whatsnew. Anyone?
      Thx
    • By SNiPpy YiPpy
      Hello all,
      I believe this problem started after i accidently started and immediately cancelled the download of a app. After this I am unable to install or update any app evem after resetting to initial settings.
      This should be the exact problem found here https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1918-because-i-can however the solution seems to require a new update. Help?
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s massive ultra-high-definition digital billboard overlooking New York City’s iconic Times Square became host to a three-phase visual spectacle that reflects the company’s efforts to engage with consumers directly around the seasons. LG’s first 3D content series designed for the billboard is a stunning visual display sure to make passersby smile. The new billboard content will run through the end of November.

Taking full advantage of the Times Square billboard’s unique curved design, LG harnesses the power of forced perspective to display imaginative multi-dimensional 3D content which share the company’s core messaging that together, Life’s Good. Launching with an inspiring back-to-school message for the American audience, the 3D illusion begins with an explosion of crayons and swirling images from scissors to school buses, dancing around the screen, eventually spelling out LIFE’S GOOD before being buried by a multitude of crayons as the animation continues its loop.

Over the past year LG has mobilized the Times Square billboard to engage, educate, and entertain consumers during the pandemic. From hosting the YouTube documentary “Life In A Day 2020” by Academy Award-winning director Kevin Macdonald to premiering the “Global Citizen VAX LIVE Extended Concert Sponsored by YouTube,” to encouraging climate action on ENERGY STAR® Day, LG has leveraged the space in Times Square to remind viewers that Life’s Good no matter how challenging our surroundings may be.

“We hope that visitors in Times Square are not only awed by the visual splendor of the 3D display, but also that they will be inspired to believe that no matter the season, Life’s Good together,” said Peggy Ang, senior vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. “At the same time, our new 3D content series exemplifies how LG is innovating when it comes to engaging with consumers.”

Contributed by LG USA
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      In this segment of On the Job, we take a look at the experts behind LG’s robotics team who are working on the next big idea to help make people’s lives and jobs safer and easier.

Dr. Baek Seung-min
      The pandemic has brought a new urgency to finding solutions to handle tasks that normally require human-to-human contact. In fact, the is reporting that sales of autonomous service robots in the logistics sector will increase by 30 percent annually from 2020 to 2023. To accelerate advanced research into service robots and boost LG’s competitiveness in related technologies, LG established the LG Boston Robotics Lab in United States last year.

LG’s family of including GuideBot, ServeBot, ChefBot and UV robot are ideal for providing a safer environment through contactless service in public spaces such as shopping malls, restaurants and hotels. Consumers who might normally be hesitant to interact with another human are more comfortable receiving help from a robot that doesn’t breathe.

When developing robots, one of LG’s key goals is to develop a product that can make life easier for consumers. “Service robots can help humans handle difficult, arduous tasks, freeing up consumers’ time to focus on more valuable tasks that matter and bringing increased convenience and comfort into our lives,” said Dr. Baek Seung-min, head of the Advanced Robotics Lab at LG Electronics.

To respond to the domestic growth of home shopping, LG developed and unveiled an indoor-outdoor service delivery robot at the in Korea. LG’s four-wheeled indoor-outdoor delivery robot boasts enhanced mobility, adapting to various types of terrain by automatically adjusting the distance between its wheels and driving modes for optimal performance, ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.

The challenges in developing a service robot for commercialization in diverse environments are vast.  For example, to move reliably at high speeds in real-life settings on all types of surfaces while avoiding various obstacles is no easy task. Curbs, for example, might be a minor inconvenience to people but can be quite difficult to overcome for a wheeled robot. Engineers conducted real-world tests with different variables from adjusting tire air pressure to changing thread patterns on the front and rear wheels, among others. Omni-wheels provided the best performance on both indoor and outdoor surfaces, enabling the robot to move both forward and backward as well as side to side.

“We expect to test-operate the delivery robot by the end of the year,” said Dr. Baek Seung-min. “When it reaches the stage of commercialization, we expect the robot to open the next chapter of logistics innovation.”

Akin to how computers and automobiles were implemented in industry and commerce before they made their way to consumers, service robots are following a similar path. Already widely found in industries, service robots are now entering the commercial phase. When consumers will be able to purchase a delivery robot of their own is still unknown but if LG has anything to say about it, it won’t be too far away.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view