Quantcast

LG Full HD Smart LED TV 43LF630T - How To use DLNA feature ?

hanbal

Question

HI I am new to forum & new to LG Tv as well

i Just bought my LG tv few days back and trying to play my laptop data on my LG tv..... my tv & laptop are connect with the same router. I have installed Nero Media Home / Plex / Serviio these software on my laptop but my device not showing in Smart Share as described on LG page. also now showing on these software.

So want to know is there anything i am missing or is my tv support this feature on wifi network?

Thanks in Advance :)

10 answers to this question

Hi Newbie,  if you're using Plex Media server on your laptop, and you have the LG app for Plex (which I gather isn't available in WebOS2.x) then it should auto detect it, tbh I can't remember if I needed to login, though I do remember some months back you had to be a Plex Plus subscriber for the LG app to work, that might have changed though allowing non-paying Plex users to access it.  The DLNA features should similar just work if it is enabled on your media server... I know Plex has a DLNA toggle that you need switched to on in the settings....

If you can confirm what version of WebOS you have that might help in getting a better/clearer response.  I'll assume its WebOS2.x given you just got it, but just to be sure can you confirm?

yes this is Web Os 2.xx something can't tell you exact version because i am not near my tv right now.

but want to tell before Plex i have also used some other media server software but they are now showing my tv in their list &  my device also not showing in TV smart share service as well.

I am on a sharing networking is this make difference ? well i don't think so because my server software is detecting someones Samsung TV in list but my TV is not showing on server software also on my device now showing in my TV as well.

I have also ping my tv IP from my laptop & its giving proper response

HI just one more thing notices today whenever i connected my laptop display using wifi with my TV and after screen mirroring started i minimize that app & open SmartShare services & found that now my device is showing there in External Memory & also my laptop also finding my TV but in this way I would not be able to play anything because if i would try to connect two services at one time.... So just found that if i connect my laptop in any way wireless not for second screen then this option will work :0 Any Idea abt this that i can connect my laptop with TV using wifi

If you're talking about a laptop rather than a NAS, i'm guessing it needs to have network sharing enabled.  I don't use Windows so I'm probably not a lot of help to you, but if you have another device (laptop/pc), can you see the files from the one with the media on it on that one?  You maybe just need to ensure they are public (the folders where the media lives).  Generally DLNA just works in my experience although I must say the DLNA media browser in LG isn't very nice from a user experience point of view.  Did you say you have Plex media server running on that laptop, can you see the media via the web browser plex interface?  Have you installed the Plex app on your TV (if it's a 2015 model with WebOS2 i believe you may not be able to?)....

oh and about the two types of connections, mine seems to do this ok, I use Plex which serves all the media via the Plex app on my LG, but I can also access it via the media share/DLNA feature (if this is enabled in Plex), OR, if the NAS (in my case), or public shares (your case) are set up... It shouldn't make a difference as such.  Please note I am no tech wiz, and I don't use windows but from what little I do know and my experience I can't see why these two things would clash, but others may be more informed and experienced with Windows than I am.

is there any way that i can connect my TV with my wifi using wifi direct option. because i know once i'll attach them with each other I'll be able to see my server in Smart Share because at the time of screen share i was able to see those in smart share

I use Serviio on Windows 7.  Under "Library", I added all the local drive/folders where I keep my media files, select types (movie, pictures, music) and refresh.  There, you can also add the patch to your NAS.  Make sure the service is running on your PC (or your laptop).  In LG TV (I have 49UB8500 with first generation of WebOS), go to SmartShare, select "Device", you should see Serviio with your PC/Laptop name with it.  The WebOS implement is not as nice compared to other or even the old LG SmartTV Upgrade (ST600).  The icons image quality is terrible.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      With the Addition of a 5MP Diagnostic Monitor, Company’s Comprehensive Range of
      Medical Monitors Now Boasts 13 Different Types of Display

SEOUL, Apr. 12, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is accelerating its B2B medical device business, leveraging a full lineup of diagnostic monitors including the new 21HQ613D which was recently cleared by FDA for sale in the United States. Designed specifically for digital mammography and breast tomosynthesis, the 21HQ613D is a 21.3-inch 5-megapixel (MP) IPS diagnostic monitor that delivers high-definition radiological images and maintains consistent image quality through its internal front calibration sensor and calibration software.
      The 21HQ613D offers exceptional definition and brightness, its LG IPS display providing a resolution of 2,048 x 2,560, a luminance of 1100cd/m² and a contrast ratio of 1800:1. Suitable for reviewing various types of medical images, including breast MRIs, CT scans and ultrasound, the diagnostic monitor features an internal front sensor that removes the need for an external calibration device. With LG Calibration Studio Medical software, users can conveniently conduct DICOM calibration and quality assurance tests that comply with international quality control standards for medical monitors.
      The 21HQ613D also incorporates helpful features to assist users in the close examination of medical images, such as Focus View Mode and Pathology Mode. Controllable with either a mouse or keyboard, Focus View Mode lets users focus in on a specific part of an image, dimming the rest of the screen in order to highlight the selected area. Pathology Mode provides image clarity and accuracy as if looking into a microscope. Additionally, Multi-Resolution Mode (5, 3 and 2MP) makes it possible to quickly adjust screen resolution to suit the type of image being viewed.
      For a more productive and organized workspace, this diagnostic monitor supports daisy-chaining via DisplayPort connection. An easy and efficient way of linking monitors, daisy-chaining helps reduce desk clutter and simplify cable management. LG’s new diagnostic monitor also offers a comfortable user experience thanks to an ergonomic stand with adjustable tilt, height, swivel and bi-directional pivoting functionality.
      The diagnostic monitor’s five hotkeys improve user convenience by providing a quick and simple way to adjust settings or switch between modes. Meanwhile, the Presence Sensor helps to conserve energy, automatically shutting off the display if no motion has been detected for five minutes. The Down Light and Wall Light features enable users to read documents when the room is dim or completely dark, the former illuminating the desk or table surface below the monitor and the latter casting light on the area behind it. For a better viewing experience, the Auto Luminance Sensor automatically adjusts screen brightness according to ambient conditions.
      With the 21HQ613D, LG is targeting rapidly growing global demand for mammography monitors. According to an industry analysis report by Persistence Market Research, the global mammography market is projected to reach a valuation of USD 6.9 billion by 2023, with a CACR of 11.6% from 2023 to 2033.*
      LG’s expanded lineup of diagnostic monitors covers the major display needs of large hospitals. Along with the new 5MP model, the company provides 3MP monitor – primarily used for reading radiological images – and 8MP and 12MP products equipped with PBP (Picture-by-picture) mode, which allows simultaneous review of multiple diagnostic images. In total, LG now offers 13 types of medical monitors, including 5 diagnostic monitors, 5 surgical monitors and 3 monitors for clinical use.
      LG is committed to delivering advanced monitor solutions for the modern healthcare environment. In 2023, LG secured a significant contract with Centrale d’Achat de l’Informatique Hospitalière (CAIH), France’s hospital IT purchasing center, to provide a total of eight types of medical monitors. The contract, valued at EUR 10 million (approximately KRW 15 billion) over four years, represents the company’s largest agreement since entering the medical imaging device business in 2016.
      “Designed for reviewing mammograms and breast tomosynthesis, LG’s new diagnostic monitor is a high-quality medical imaging display offering easy management and useful functionality,” said YS Lee, vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Business Solutions Company. “We will continue to provide the medical sector with cutting-edge solutions leveraging our innovative display technologies.”
      For more information about LG’s diagnostic monitors, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. Key Specifications:
      LG Diagnostic Monitor (21HQ613D)
      Display Panel Type IPS Size 21.3-inch Aspect Ratio 4:5 Resolution 5MP (2,048 x 2,560) Color Gamut (Typ.) NTSC (CIE1 931) 72% Brightness (Typ.) 1100cd/m² Contrast Ratio (Typ.) 1800:1 Response Time (Gray-To-Gray)
      5ms (GtG) Feature DICOM Compliant Yes Hardware Calibration Yes Display Mode Multi-Resolution Mode (5/3/2MP), Focus View Mode, Pathology Mode Video Signals Input Terminals DisplayPort x2, DVI-D (Dual Link) x1 User
      Convenience Dual Controller Yes Lighting Yes (Down / Wall) Hot Key Yes (5 keys) Presence Sensor Yes Physical Specifications
      Adjustable Stand Pivot (Bi-Directional) / Swivel: ±15° / Tilt.: -5°~20° / Height Range: 110mm  
      # # #

• By ccinterod02
      Hi friends, I am developing a small server in a hotel to integrate all our system (home automation, checkin/checkout, door openings and televisions). My idea is to launch a promotional video on the televisions when the door is opened the first time after a checkin  (among other things). can I do it with a smart tv with webOS? If so, how can I do it?
      Thanks in advance
    • By News Reporter
      The inspiring LG Objet Collection has gained a global fan base since its worldwide launch in 2021, and for good reason. Through its understated designs and diverse materials and colors, this sophisticated collection of premium appliances and devices extends the opportunity to curate living spaces that reflect unique lifestyles and preferences like no other.

To raise the bar even higher for the ‘smart home’ experience, LG Vietnam recently launched the ‘LG Objet House’ at Flamingo Dai Lai Resort. Just 45 kilometers north of Hanoi, this all-new brand space and resort is fully equipped with state-of-the-art appliances from the LG Objet Collection.

Within the elegant four walls of the LG Objet House, the harmony effortlessly created by LG Objet products blurs the line between modern home appliances and high-end furniture. Together, these stylish, innovative appliances complete a seamless living space that honors the distinctive style of the homeowner.

During their stay, visitors can experience what seamless living really means thanks to LG PuriCare Aero Furniture, an air purifier that doubles as a side table; LG OLED Objet Collection Posé, a lifestyle TV which transforms into a digital frame that expresses every brushstroke of a painting; LG Objet InstaView refrigerator with an edge-to-edge glass that delivers a 23-percent-wider viewing angle; and LG Objet Styler, a premium clothing care system wrapped in a stylish, modern design.

Since every LG Objet innovation has been designed to blend effortlessly into a wide array of living spaces, they are able to complement each room of the LG Objet House. The life-enriching capabilities of this exclusive space is what leaves a lasting impression on visitors. And it goes without saying that every LG device featured in LG Objet House can be monitored and controlled on the LG ThinQ app, a level of connectivity that introduces a new “smart home” standard to the nation.

Aligning with the company’s global strategy to enhance customer experiences, LG Objet House aspires to encourage greater user interaction. “Through the moments of relaxation felt at LG Objet House, we hope to demonstrate the elevated lifestyle our LG Objet Collection makes possible,” said Song Ik-hwan, president of LG Vietnam, during its launch event.

Striking the perfect balance between aesthetics and functionality, the LG Objet Collection has received high praise from around the world. In Vietnam specifically, one of its products was named the “Most Groundbreaking Product Design” of 2023 at Vietnam Design Week (VMARK 2023). These works of art are not only innovative and visually stunning, they also evoke positive emotions by delivering the next-level user experiences that make sure life is always good.

People can now spend their vacation at LG Objet House, the ideal destination for “smart home” advocates thanks to the level of connectivity offered by the LG Objet Collection, a harmonious selection of practical innovations that boast aesthetic appeal with their sophisticated colors, subtle designs and use of sustainable materials.

Contributed by LG Vietnam
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Davor Vratarić
      Hello ,
      I have LG TV OLED55E9PLA with software version 05.30.40.
      I am also using Smart IPTV App.
      I would ask for some help....
      One of the TV channel I often watch is working on VLC player with these 3 lines :
      #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="AvilaTV.ve" tvg-logo="
      link hidden, please login to view" group-title="Venezuela", Avila #EXTVLCOPT:http-referrer=

I tried to put this lines to my Smart IPTV list on my LG TV , but it don't work.
      Is there a solution to make this channel work with Smart IPTV App,
      since it only allows 2 lines for each channel ?

Thanks for your help
    • By Maria D
      How to change view from 16:9 in movies to fit full screen 

LG QLED B22