Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ginkgo_

Copy from internal storage to USB

Question

Hi all

With my camera connected to my LG WebOS TV I recorded a video that was saved by default into the internal storage.

I now want to extract it, and my first idea was to copy it into my USB Hdd, but unfortunately i have not seen any option for it. The only option I get when I access the video is to play or delete it.

I now know it is possible to save the video directly on the hdd, but if possible I would like to get the one I have on the TV memory.

Any idea on how can i do it?

Thanks!

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

4 answers to this question

Down... It is not possible to recover files stored in TV memory. 

You also can not obtain files recorded on HDD, as they are encrypted and can be played on TV only. 

1 person likes this

Why?  Why would anyone have such a design.  To lure you into saving your one in a lifetime moments on the safe confines of the TV's very own internal storage.  What better place to keep such memories for safekeeping until they can be transferred elsewhere when the storage fills up.  To say Yes, Yes, LG TV I am entrusting you with my precious irreplaceable memories -- only to learn that LG has no intention of ever letting you take your memories away from her.  You learn your only option is to leave them with her or destroy them forever.  What betrayal, what utter savage and eggrgious betrayal from your own TV.   Oh the sheer madness of it all!!