Quantcast

How to know if UHD TV is Upscaling to 4K?

Pioneer123

Question

I have an LG 79UB980T-TA UHD TV that is fed from an Anthem MRX-510 amplifier generally displaying 1080p MKV files from Plex (via NAS).

The question is how do I know if the TV is doing upscaling to 4K or not, is there anyway to tell as just saying it does is a bit dodgy to me (being a bit sceptical sort of person!)?

Cheers

• Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David J
      Hi all,

My LG OLED55E7N just updated to firmware 06.00.25. I must have wronged the god of Google, because I fail to find any whatsnew. Anyone?
      Thx
    • By Hissy
      I finally updated the software on my TV, and now I have to force a reset whenever I want to turn it on. (Unplug for 60 seconds.) The TV will not turn on without a reset, from either the remote or the power button. Once it's on it responds normally to the remote.  It doesn't matter how long the TV's been turned off - when I want to turn it back on, I have to reset it.
      Has anyone else had similar problems?
    • By anishjp
      Hi LG
      When playing a video file that is 3840 x 2160 (UHD) in OLED55CX (4K), there is a small black bar at the top and bottom. Is the TV supposed to upscale automatically to its 4k resolution which is 4096 x 2160? How do I upscale it without picture being cut of?
      Regards,
      Anish
    • By anishjp
      Hi LG
      When playing a Dolby Vision file encoded in MKV container format, the image is green/purple in colour. A quick googling says, this occurs due the default media player in WebOS not able to decode Dolby Vision MKV container files properly.
      When will this be fixed?
      Regards,
      Anish
    • By Alex
      LG Electronics who recently moved to give away their popular WebOS operating system to third party brands has announced a major upgrade of their free streaming service LG Channels which has been expanded from 1,600 to 1,900 channels.
      The South Korean Company claims that their LG Channels which is only available in certain Countries, doubled compared to last year with the Company expanding availability from 14 to 25 countries. At this stage it’s not known whether LG Channels will be launched in Australia.
      LG Channels will also be available on more than 30 brands of smart TVs powered by LG’s own webOS TV platform, JVC, Polaroid Hitachi TVs in Australia.

LG Channels’ new UI is designed to help users navigate more intuitively and easily with an enhanced content recommendation function that analyses viewing preferences to suggest the most relevant offerings from its broad library of free content claims LG.
      The new UI is available for LG smart TV models running webOS versions 5.0 and newer, with a version for webOS 3.0 through 4.5 coming soon.
      The LG Channels app for smartphones will launch later this year giving users another convenient way to enjoy the content.
      LG said that they will continue to expand its collaboration with leading global and local content providers to enrich the viewing experience on LG TVs, further diversifying its programming for new audiences with channels such as Rakuten Viki, OnDemand China, BABY SHARK TV and Kids Pang TV. Rakuten TV, already featured on LG Channels in major markets such as Europe.
      Additionally, more than 100 Pluto TV channels will be coming to LG Channels later this year in select countries in Europe and Latin America.
      Pluto TV offers a curated selection of unique channels with local and international fare for all interests and ages, such as Pluto TV Action, MasterChef, Pluto TV Cinema, Pluto TV Telenovelas and Pluto TV Anime.
      And thanks to LG’s distribution partnership with Amagi, renowned producer Quincy Jones’ global hub for music and culture Qwest TV will be launching on LG TVs in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil and Mexico by the end of 2021.
      As an added bonus local services such as Hollywire will be coming to Brazil and Mexico while Spanish viewers will be able to enjoy TV UP.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view