Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

somesh_007

Updating 55LB650V with latest WebOS 5.00.04 in Uk

8 posts in this topic

I have 55LB650V and good news is I am running 5.00.04  in UK.

Model 55LB650V-ZN

webOS TV version  1.4.0-3504(afro-ashley)

How;s that possible :) 

I used http://www.lg.com/au/support-product/lg-55LB6500to download update OS from Australian site .

It works and its fast with few enahcnements. PLease follow the standard manual update procedures. Its not rocket science to update this.

***  I am not responsible for anything goes wrong :) .. please proceed carefully.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

somesh_007, it's not hot news, but good to know for others. I had 05.00.04 for Colombia installed on my LB650V in Poland.  ;)

Now I returned to 05.10.01 because in my opinion it's smoother and faster than 05.00.04 beta or final. 

Hi SIMON. Where I can find 5.10 fw?

5.10 is higher than 5.00.which one is newer? Thx

Thanks SIMON for posting the links.. I just shared it in excitement :) since none of european LG site have 4.45 above ..  CHeers

1 person likes this

I've got a 55LG650V-TA, which I'd have thought was the same as that mentioned, but when I go to the support site for this specific model, Australia, NZ or elsewhere there is no sign of any update software.... does this suggest do you think that this model won't be getting an update?  Good on LG, such an awesome company - NOT.

If you stick to main code of the TV which is LB-650 .. rest all are just prefixes and suffixes in different geography. if You check Oz site ,you will have 6500V .. but that is same as LB650V is European model. 

hope this helps.. I agree .. LG has made good tv ut support wise they are far behind compare to their counterparts.

1 person likes this

@somesh_007 - thanks for the tip.  Someone from LG here in NZ has been in touch to say don't try the update as the programme guide won't work in NZ thereafter, evidently the update for WebOS2 won't be released in NZ until the end of october - further and conclusive evidence that NZ is very much the forgotten country.....

Next time I'm buying a Sony or Samsung.