Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

daya2nand

How Do I Upgrade LG TV 55LA9650 to WebOS

Question

Hello Friends, 

I had bought LG 55'' 3D TV exactly a year back which had older version of OS (not WebOS). Though I go to settings and check for the latest updates, it says you have the latest version. 

My problem is to upgrade my TV with latest WebOS, can any suggest / recommend me on the steps, so that I can install them. 

Appreciate your help in this regard. 

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

9 answers to this question

Hello Friends,

I had bought LG 55'' 3D TV exactly a year back which had older version of OS (not WebOS). Though I go to settings and check for the latest updates, it says you have the latest version.

My problem is to upgrade my TV with latest WebOS, can any suggest / recommend me on the steps, so that I can install them.

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Your only option is to upgrade your TV by replacing it with a more recent model.

Your only option is to upgrade your TV by replacing it with a more recent model.

Jimbo you'r wrong! You can order an upgrade kit from LG, i did it last weak, now a i can see netflix in 4K.

1 person likes this

Jimbo you'r wrong! You can order an upgrade kit from LG, i did it last weak, now a i can see netflix in 4K.

Have you got a link to this interesting development ?

Have you got a link to this interesting development ?

Any joy with that link - or maybe a part number? You must have a part number if you ordered it and fitted it?

Any joy with the link or part number? Loads of people looking forward to ordering this upgrade!

i have 42UB700T , plz if you how to upgrade let me now plz

i have 42UB700T , plz if you how to upgrade let me now plz

Good luck with that.

C'mon Osse5 - surely you can throw SOME light on your claims? You wouldn't want anyone to think you were simply trolling?

Jimbo is 100% wrong if you call LG there is a upgrade kit for the 9650 and the 9700 series to upgrade the units to webOS and give you upgraded HDMI 2.0 support HVEC also just call them up they will be confused as hell cause no one there knows what the hell they are talking about then finally with they transfer you to tech support the techs will know its about $400