Quantcast

LG 42LB670V - user experience

Meky

Question

Hi all,

I bought LG 42LB670V  two months ago after good experience with 55LA660S which bought my father last year. I was kind of thrilled that this TV uses WebOS and allows user way better multitasking a and is more responsive than usual Smart TVs.

After two month I can say I am satisfied with this TV - picture is good, user interface is smooth if you wait a moment right after start so I don't regret spent money. But since I am the kind of user who is looking for bugs and is annoyed with them I want to share some of the problems I have and I believe that some member from this community will be able to help solve them.

1) I use practically all the time DLNA to watch movies and TV Shows which works very well with my Serviio Server running on my PC but I have problems with displaying subtitles. The TV lacks any support for text formatting. Every time there is italic or bold line in the subtitles TV just simply displays proper tags and don't format the text. So in some cases I got annoying <i></i> and <b></b> tags which sucks.

2) There is also coding problem - sometime I need to set manually right coding. Father's SmartTV without WebOS seems to be settings everything automatically.

3) Subtitles in 3D are on... 3D. It may be hard to explain for me but I was watching Gravity through DLNA on my TV and I have problem that the subtitles were on the same layer as is the screen while the picture was let's say deeper or was more plastic a came out of screen. It would be great if the subtitles were in layer which would be on top of the image like when you go into cinema. Hope I explained myself well.

5) There is no possibility to switch audio line while playing MKV through DLNA. I did not try to play it from flashdrive. Any experiences with this issue?

4) Last issue I encoutered is that even I don't have set any power saving or time to power off TV powers off itself after a while without interaction. Sometimes I got just one music channel turned on and I cooking or something and the TV shuts down. It may be after 3 or 4 hours but it is only my guessing.

I am running firmware 04.32.20. There is no update available and from what I read in other threads LG is not planning to update 2014 year models to WebOS 2.0 which is really shame. Is there any community developing custom system like it is done by members XDA for phones?

Thank you for all answers. If I'll come across another issue I will update this thread.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ashok R
      TV model: 49 UH770T 
      I used 6000 hours. All four corners start to have struck pixels, this is very disappointing us after spending INR 1,00,000. I am sure this should have been tested products for such high value. How would I customer will recommend LG Smart TV for family and friends if the product manufacturing is not worth the money spent on?
      regards,
      Ashok R 
    • By DA
      Can someone inform me as to when (what generation) they removed the smart zoom feature from their TV's? I want to purchase a new OLED TV but I noticed their smart zoom feature was missing from their remote control. I have a 2016 LG TV that still has it and I use it all the time.
    • By boggy
      I have LG TV UF6800. TV is working well. The youtube app had worked well until a couple month ago. The yoyube hangs very often after playing advertisement. It also hangs after playing a long video (around 30 min). By "hangs" I mean it is still there, showing the youtube UI, but we cannot play any video. Just black, staying there forever.
      I am using wired network on the TV. 
      I tried updating app, nothing. I googled and tried unpluging power while watching...., no help. BTW the youtube (with the same user) works well on PC and iPad.
      If you think this is not LG's problem, please advise to whom I should contact.
      Bogang Tian
    • By Phaedrus
      On an LG CX 55, two minutes into episode 4 -- "The Tomb" -- of the series Moon Knight on Disney+ there is a scene with statuettes in niches each lit by an oil lamp. As the flames flicker, dark blotches jump around some of the niche walls.
      These are certainly unintended artifacts.
      Can someone confirm wether this is a CX (only) issue?

• By News Reporter
      Named ‘Fitness Candy,’ New Company to Deliver Platform Providing Content,
      Services and Products for a Fitter, Healthier Life at Home

SEOUL, June 30, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) and SM Entertainment (SM), a leading entertainment group in South Korea, have launched Fitness Candy, a joint venture that will bring F.U.N – an acronym for First, Unique and New – user experiences to the fast-growing home fitness segment. LG and SM hold a 51 and 49 percent stake, respectively, in the company.
      At the official launch ceremony of Fitness Candy, held today in Seoul, Korea, both partners shared their vision for delivering new and differentiated home fitness experiences. Combining their expertise in innovative consumer technology and cutting-edge entertainment, LG and SM aim to create a comprehensive lifestyle platform – complete with content, services and related products – to help people address their health and fitness needs at home.
      LG will develop, operate and manage service platforms for Fitness Candy. As a global leader in user-friendly software and hardware solutions integrating advanced AI and data analysis capabilities, it will also be designing a new generation of home fitness devices prioritizing convenience, ease-of-use and F.U.N customer experiences. SM, which boasts a wide global fandom based on its diverse roster of talents, will contribute world-class content to encourage and challenge users of all fitness levels.
      Planning and producing home fitness-related content and devices, Fitness Candy will operate via a subscription service-based app. Set to be released in September, the app will be available for installation in various operating systems and devices such as smartphones and smart TVs, providing interactive, personalized services that collect data from smart bands, cameras and exercise devices.
      Fitness Candy provides content in six categories: strength training, core strengthening, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), dance, stretching and meditation. Content in each category will run for 10 to 40 minutes and will be updated weekly.
      In close collaboration with SM, Fitness Candy is focused on creating content, not only limited to home fitness, that users can easily watch and enjoy. Encompassed by its slogan “Beyond Fitness, Sweet Life,” the company plans to secure a wealth of content such as sports, variety shows and documentaries, as well as content that helps with healthy diets, rehabilitation and stress relief.
      The Fitness Candy platform will enable users to access a wide range of interactive fitness content featuring popular Korean celebrities, such as Fitness Candy ambassador and model , dancer , and actress . Various South Korean athletes, including triathlete , Taekwondo Olympic medalist , short track speed skater and former rugby player , actively participated in the content creation process, enabling the company to provide even more professional and entertaining content to users.
      The company aims to introduce a variety of new devices that can be linked to its app, allowing users to enjoy content more effectively. One of them is a device that can recognize and track users’ movements thanks to the inclusion of LG’s AI camera and IoT platform. Connecting wirelessly to the user’s TV, the device allows for two-way communication, creating the ideal setup for virtual one-on-one coaching sessions and for participating in live-streamed exercise classes.
      Fully utilizing LG’s innovative technologies such as AI, big data, motors and displays, the company also plans to develop products such as muscle strengthening devices, indoor bicycles and smart bands.
      “We will transform LG’s business paradigm from function-oriented home appliances into a customer experience-oriented company, transforming into a company that provides smart life solutions to deliver the best customer experience,” said William Cho, CEO of LG Electronics. “Through Fitness Candy, LG’s innovative technology and SM’s content creating capabilities will converge to create differentiated smart life solutions that provide never-before-seen customer experiences.”
      “The coming together of LG’s innovative technology and SM’s music, dance and various content that have paved the way for the future of K-pop is a great opportunity for the two companies to contribute to the global fitness and healthcare industry,” said Lee Sung-su, co-CEO of SM Entertainment. “Fitness Candy is a digital fitness content project that goes beyond simple diet experiences and, rather, empowers users to rediscover healthy fitness habits.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view