Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ajmboy

Samsung Tizen - The Competition

1 post in this topic

So besides the major mobile OS systems out there like iOS and Android, what is the competition for webOS...On the TV front Samsung has it's Tizen OS which is a direct competitor to LG's webOS on TVs it looks like. It will be interesting to see where this all goes. LG has a leg up and is out to market first, but it's early...

Samsung Says Its Smart TVs Will All Use Tizen Operating System

Tizen on Samsung TVs in 2015

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By Rufusvg
      I have managed to get content to play online but have no subtitles when needed. Is there a way to play content via the lg web os browser and have subtitles displayed as well. Anyone come across this problem as it's a bit specific?
    • By poplovelydays
      Hello 

I have problem with my TV it's locked my premium content and i want to format TV to clean all register files but Factory Reset is just reset my setting when i want to watch my premium content it still locked.

I think it have two method to clear it

1.Format TV clean all register files and save just only system files likes when i just buy a new TV.
      Or
      2.Go to this directory in TV and delete the register files 'file:///mnt/lg/flash/data/01.TIARA_No.9/icpLicense.dat' and Re-register again it's fine for me but i don't know the way to get into it.

If anyone know how to do method 1. or 2. or both Please Help ME... 
    • By Alex
      Web SDK

webOS TV SDK is a tool that provides developers with tools for webOS TV web app development and emulator for testing.

For the supported webOS TV platform version, see Supported Platform Version for each SDK

System Requirements Operating System Microsoft® Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Mac OS X Lion or later (64-bit) Ubuntu 10.04, 12.04 / Ubuntu Mint 13 (Maya) (32-bit and 64-bit)
      Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz or faster Memory: 3 GB or more of RAM Display: 1280 x 1024 or higher of screen resolution Graphic Card: 256 MB or more of video memory Additional Software Oracle® VirtualBox 4.2.x or higher (4.2.x is recommended)
      https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds_4_2  Oracle JDK 1.7.0_45 or later 
      http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html  
      For version downloads, visit: http://developer.lge.com/webOSTV/sdk/web-sdk/

• By Alex
      Samsung is going with their native Tizen OS in their TV lineup. Other manufacturers are going with Android TV and Firefox OS, but LG and Samsung remain the biggest who have moved away from Google for their TV line. I think whoever builds the ecosystem and user base first will ultimately triumph. But the war between the two continues with LG edging out Samsung with a head start...

Tizen and webOS battle it out for TV sets at CES 2015

Samsung and LG: War of the words at CES over what's best for TV
        For Once, LG May Beat Samsung (SSNLF)

LG Smart TV With webOS 2.0 Threatens Samsung Tizen Smart TV ...

New Samsung Tizen Forum: http://www.samsungtizenforum.com/