Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stephenlnoe

TimeMachine II on USA televisions.

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone in the USA have time machine 2 on their 2014 smarttv?  I do not have it in my menus and want to record over the air television.  LG claims it's unavailable in the US because of anti piracy laws but I think that's BS.  I have a PVR which records football games every weekend from OTA antenna.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

A simple solution is to change the country to another.

I tried to change the country to "others' and there were no new menus available to me where time machine 2 was referenced.  Has anyone got time machine 2 to work in the USA?

Try it with Spain, for me it's working.

My choices are USA, Canada, Mexico and Other countries.  I have an LG 55LB6500 - UM.  I don't know how to get to spain.  Do you know how to on this TV?

I also have LB650V Model, you have to go to Settings>General>Location. Then you can try change it to spain and it will work.

Excuse me and thank you for helping but I do not have a spain or any other EU country.  My choices on this TV are:  USA, Canada, Mexico and Other.  I put it on "Other" and restarted the TV but it did not show any time machine functions.  Do you have any other suggestion please?

The lg country codes are evidently hard wired in when shipped in different regions. I've been trying the same just to get Netflix which is t technically available in new Zealand, and no matter what I try I'm still restricted to countries in this vicinity. As far as my reading goes there really is no way to change the actual region code within the set. Sad, stupid, but true. Thanks LG.