Quantcast

WebOS Arabic Subtitle problem

johnnylb

Question

the problem with WebOS Arabic Subtitle is that you have to change the encoding for each movie when you first play it not only that but also if the encoding is UNICODE the subtitle will not be understandable.

the mentioned problems didn't existed before in the older platform.

it is not accepted to have this "faux-pas" while all electronics manufacturers plan for improvements LG did a huge mistake using the WebOS.

the main purpose for buying a smart TV is to benefit from its internet access and movie playing and this is not achieved with LG WebOS TV.

i am not sure if this is the correct place to emphasize my problem... but i need solutions hope any LG Customer service support can contact me.

5 answers to this question

I have find a solution for the encoding of the Subtitle via surfing net, i hope it may be helpful

It worked so good on my Lg 42LB6520 that Running WEBOS

I found a  hidden menu in WebOS which allows you to change the encoding, Size , Color and position of the subtitles of all languages.

First you have to save the subtitle file as Ansi Encoding by NotePad Program on any Pc

Steps:

1) Play your movie
2) When you see Strange characters appears with your subtitles hit Pause.
3) In the Pause menu click on the little arrow on the right hand side.
4) Click on the button that says 'Sub'
5) Click on External
6) A hidden menu will Appear!!!
7) Select Code Page that suit your languge till the Subtitle characters appeared fine
8) Also you can select Size, Color, Position, Sync....etc

I have similar problem with Farsi subtitle. Since the characters are same in both Farsi and Arabic subtitles, I think the reason of the problems is same.

When I watch a movie with Farsi subtitle (SRT file) the subtitle cannot be read even by changing the charset option in WebOS.

I saved the SRT file with UNICODE or UTF-8 encoding and when I watched it my PC it is OK, but in LG WebOS, it is not OK.

In fact the characters can be decoded correctly in WebOS but the problem is that Farsi and Arabic languages are written from right to left but the subtitle which is shown in LG WebOS is set from left to right. So the characters and words are messed and nothing can be read!!

If someone has any solutions or suggestions, I would appreciate.

hello to every one

I just bought the TV yesterday and when I just played a movie and select the code on arabic like every other devices , and saw that the srt is not showing farsi language I just become mad and angry giving 2000 dollars for a TV with out showing farsi sub ...

so I just changes all the codes without any hope and suddenly something strange happened ... the srt showed farsi language in Vietnamese code! I know its very stupid and silly but I just loved it because it worked!

I couldnt belive that but it worked very well so i came here to tell all of you people who want to play Srt in arabic and farsi use the vietnamese code it worked for me so i hope it work for you too...