Quantcast

Wireless connect to internet

dsimonse

Question

Hi,

I bought a LG 55LB730V and I connected it via ASUS RT-N56U to the internet. Both devices has the latest SW release i.e. TV: 04.30.16, ASUS: 3.0.0.4.376_1665.

The network gets connected according to the Advanced settings but I'm not able to surf. And using the Smartshare on my PC works very random and secondwise.

LG-store reports not connected to the internet.

Any suggestions?

Dennis

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

if your neighbour's on same wifi channel as your wifi router it could be causing interference and forcing the connection to drop.

The best thing would be downloading this to a laptop > 

link hidden, please login to view
  and walk around the house,  it will display every wifi router it picks up and tells you which channels are available.

you would just need to login via a webpage to your router to change to a clear wifi channel - any kind of interference will cause a connection to keep dropping just like you outlined.

----------

The next choice would be buying HomePlugs, they plug into the electricity and then into your tv - they don't use wifi so you won't get any interference.  

Hi,

I tried to move to channel 2 and 3 (2.4Ghz) and there I get some internet connection, but very unstable. I even swiched to 5Ghz and got a little more improvements, but still very unstable.

The ASUS used to be a good performing router but now I get this unstable connection.

Still believe ther's something miss-matching btw the router and the TV.

//Dennis

Had the same problem on a new LG WebOs TV, which connected OK to the wifi router but no internet access.  Not much help from the LG support (Denmark) who blamed the router (which works fine with every other one of the twenty other devices connected to it, including smart-tvs, droid and iphone, pc, iot gadgets...).

SOLVED by:

Settings - Network - advanced

Uncheck automatic

Change the DNS  server from the default (automatic, identical to the router IP, 192.168.1.1) to one of the DNS servers suggested in 

link hidden, please login to view
  The openDNS server 208.67.222.222 worked fine for me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nick Payne
      I can stream ABC content using either the iView app on our LG G1 65" OLED, or via the iView Android TV app that is installed on a Chromecast with Google TV that is plugged into one of the G1 HDMI ports. If I stream content using the app on the TV, every few minutes there's a momentary (fraction of a second) interruption to both sound and video. If I stream the same content using the app on the Chromecast, I get no such interruptions. Both TV and Chromecast are using wired Ethernet connections to the same switch, so I can't see that these interruptions are due to a network problem, or I'd see them on both devices. It would seem to be a problem with the app provided on the TV. Other streaming services that we access via apps on the TV (Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, etc) do not show the same problem.
    • By News Reporter
      To Give Corporate Customers the Level of Protection they Demand, Company is
      Applying Reliable Anti-Eavesdropping System to Latest Digital Signage Solutions

SEOUL, Aug. 11, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is introducing an innovative eavesdropping detection solution for its commercial signage products. Going forward, the cutting-edge security system will be applied to the company’s flagship models, including LG LED All-in-One, LG LED Bloc and LG MAGNIT, as well as select video walls and UHD signage products supporting webOS 4.1.
      As demand for commercial signage products expands across multiple industries, so does the need for related technologies that serve the needs of companies operating in different sectors. Although counter-surveillance is important in every sector, some entities such as corporates, government agencies, national institutions and the military prioritize confidentiality and the protection of personal information. LG, in partnership with high-tech security technology provider
      link hidden, please login to view, has addressed this growing need by installing a dedicated app that runs with GITSN’s eavesdropping detection terminal in LG’s smart signage platform, webOS. The new eavesdropping detection function displays a warning icon on screen in real time as soon as it detects any abnormal signal. The system utilizes simple icons to keep attendees updated on just how secure they are at all times. Moreover, LG’s webOS-based detection function, which can cover multiple conference/control rooms at once, analyzes every inch of a potential risk fast and accurately to alert those in charge immediately.
      “LG’s newest solution detects various potential, unexpected risks and reports it immediately, while also bringing the company’s security management up to date,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “LG will continue to introduce the high-definition display solutions that not only express the most vivid colors and clear images to date, but also let consumers feel safe while they use them.”
      The latest signage solution will be available in the third quarter of 2022, starting with key markets in Middle East and Asia, with other markets to follow.
      # # #

• By João Inácio
      After a software update earlier this year (2022), the LG OLED55C1 TV web browser no longer correctly measures my internet speed. Before average normally. However, I believe the TV uses my Internet speed to the full because I can watch 4KHDR Streaming without any problem (Netflix, Prime Video). It's just the measurement in the web browser that shows grossly wrong results - My Internet contracted is 500Mbps and my TV's web browser measures 25Mbps (speedtest.net). The browser only measures the download speed wrong, the upload speed it measures right, as well as latency and ping.
      Several times I tried to report this problem to the local LG (Brazil), but they do not recognize the software error and only respond with irrelevant and useless information. There are several reports of this problem posted on the Internet, and even then, LG ignores the problem.
      Does anyone know how to contact the software development team at LG? I think they stay in Korea.
    • By PVN Satyanarayana
      Hi, I purchased my SMART TV model 43LF6300 in the year 2016 and current Firmware Version 04.06.40. Every one India using their favorite app like Disney Hotstar+, Zee5, Aaha and many more apps but those are not available on my TV which is annoying.. I spent Rs. 54000 to buy LG Smart TV but all the latest apps are not available. Please release the latest Web OS for these models at least Beta version unless the TVs like this will be useless and no one trust LG products. Thanks in advance and hope to receive latest Web OS soon.
    • By Jim Brown
      I have a LG OLED C8 TV with a Soundbar and when connected to Optical the Volume Control is normal with a Percentage 0% to 100% but when connecting to HDMI ARC port like the Soundbar suggest to be connected it just show + or -,  you don't have anyway of knowing what the volume is set  to.    I have tried two Soundbars a LG LAS551H that was connected via Optical and when connected to HDMI ARC it also does not show Volume Control.  I have  got a new Sonos Beam Gen 2 that is now connected to HDMI ARC port and sounds great but if I connect it to Optical it's much lower in volume but has the Volume indicator.   Please advice.    
      I would like to suggest three enhancement request: 1. to show Volume Percentage on the HDMI ARC port.  2. Optical and HDMI ARC have the same output and 3. the Sonos be added to the Device list under Soundbars. 
      Thank you, 
      Jim Brown