Quantcast

[pivotCE] LG tests webOS on a Nexus 5

pivotCE

Here is something . If you are not sure what you are looking at, It’s the code repository of Open-webOS. That’s the code originally released by Hewlett Packard and developed by LG electronics. What it shows is webOS being tested on a Nexus 5.

We’ve already had some excitement with the recent by the webOS-Ports team, but this was submitted by an engineer at LG.

So is this a gift for the team to help with future ports or is it LG’s own project? If LG puts webOS on a Nexus 5 and makes that code available, isn’t that an LG webOS phone? Could this test merely be a prelude to a future project?

We’ll keep you updated on any developments and in the meantime will speculate wildly with the rest of the webOS community.

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Similar Topics

• By Kavitha
      Model: 42UB700T-TH version 03.02.25. Has not got any software update since  3-4 Years - What a mess...…
      This TV is just a random box now... Once purchased this model - new version from LG was introduced; making this just a playing box...
      None of the recent OTT's can be installed..
      We need a fix or else some solution to it.
      Its really a disheartening experience after being loyal to this brand in any appliance we purchase.
    • By Chris Jones
      Hi,
      My TV is driving me nuts!

I keep getting reminders for programs starting for programs I don’t watch or have never watched and 2. The tv even switches on for scheduled programs that I haven’t set.. actually I have only ever set one program reminder and that has now been deleted.

I can’t see any programs in the reminder page or anywhere in the tv programmer?

Short of resetting the tv I don’t know what else to try? And I don’t really want to do that until I know how the tv ended up like this? Plus I don’t want to have to reload and sign in to all my apps 😬
    • By Harima
      I am wondering how can I get my lg SMART TV webOS 3.4 to connect with google home mini?
    • By davexnet
      Hello -
      after no updates for approx. 2 years, the TV updated to 06.00.03 about 4 months ago, now to
      this latest, which is described as a bug fix release.

This release has changed the  TV picture, it is too bright, almost garish, with a decidedly blue color cast -
      Let's be honest, a stable and properly balanced image was never one of the TV's strong points, now it's almost unwatchable.
      Why would anybody update the TV firmware picture settings of a 4 year old TV in such a drastic way? 
    • By Alex
      Open topic for discussion as we learn more with the announcement yesterday of LG Ads River OS tv operating system and how it differentiates with webOS. Is webOS being replaced?  🤨

VS