Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

sureader

How and Where to find beta firmware

Dear All,

I am looking for the beta firmware 04.31.02 for the LG UB850V 4K TV.

As mentioned in the following article it seem to greatly improve the image quality & performance of the tv:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ub850v-201408123879.htm

So my question where to install it and what the procedure to do so?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help!

Thanks for this awesome forum as well

Cheers,

Jeremie

Thanks Tema, if I understand properly I have to make my tv believe my laptop is the lg update server with some software and some DNS trick. Unfortunatly I am on a Mac so not sure it will work.. seems rather complex as well most likely going to wait for the official update too bad we can't simply update from a Usb key. but thanks anyway

hi again! it seems that now can't access the lg store and log into my account.. not sure if directly related to the update or if because it is a beta not yet public version.. any idea?

This is not a beta software. You ought, to no problem after any update.

Try update via USB. Folder LG_DTV.

Link to the update may be found in the file \заготовки\online\your_model\HE_DTV_****_AFAAABAA

What is the procedure to update via usb? copy the file into a disk then connect to the tv? thanks again.. the problem I have when I try to either open the store or register my account is that it say that I am not connected to the internet (error 4) but I am connected (webbrowser, youtube and other online thinks work only the lg store and account manage\log in get a white error page after few minute saying not connected to internet)...

Procedure to update via USB is:
1) Make in USB disk, folder named LG_DTV
2) Copy firmware *.epk in LG_DTV
3) Connect USB disk to TV

For LG store.

Make sure you take all agreements with LG and check if there an error in the address of the DNS server. Verify that no error in the country to use the TV.

In a pinch, call service support.

Thanks vkomitov will try to update through usd. when I get home! and I will report back (FYI I did check the dns settings for the wireless connection in the network section of the tv setup menu it is fine, I did accept all the agreement "from the about menu" and try different country with no luck...)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• WebOS TV Firmware version

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set: - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

By majorusa, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 1,357 replies
    • Question: because I can not install or update apps?

Hi people,

Recently bought one 49LF6350 and one 43LF6350 and the two models have the same problem, whenever I try to open an application, informs me that I have to update (required update, you must update this app to launch it. the update may cause data to be stored deleted.), and when I try to update, it gives an error message (application has not Been instaled. try again). It happens to apps also store to at new install. what may be occurring?

software version: 3:03:04
      WebOS TV version: 2.0.2-3928 (behive-badlands)

thanks.

By Vanilton Coelho, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 14 answers
    • Question: How can I install different/older version of webos on the tv ?

I want to choose my version .. how to do that ?

By Youssef Mohamed, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ MEGA | MediaFire ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
      2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
      3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
      4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your local IP address
      5. Save and exit
      6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
      7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
      8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
      9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
      10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
      11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
      12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
      14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
      15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
      16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila! 

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
      Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found here.  

By SIMON, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 270 replies
    • ares-install: Error: All configured authentication methods failed

ares-install: Error: All configured authentication methods failed When will this error happen and how can I fix it?

By omid saifpanahi, in LG webOS TV SDK

• 0 replies