Quantcast

LB731 webOS - problem with subtitle encoding and mkv files

BrUtAlls

Question

Hello,
I got few MKV files where i cant change subtitle encoding (when i change encoding nothing happens). Other settings work fine (size, color, position).

Im using Smartshare.

Software Version: 03.23.24

webOS TV Version: 1.2.0-2724

MKV files where changing subtitle encoding doesn't work:

mkv-utf-8.png

MKV files that work fine:
mkv.png

I did test one subtitle on both MKV files, and on one subtitle encoding works, on another MKV i cant change encoding.

Did try serviio and direct over USB HD.

How to fix this? I really want to play my movies and have normal subtitles.... Thanks

4 answers to this question

After removing internal subtitle "text stream: UTF-8" from MKV character encoding works. Is this a bug?

Yes, this is probably a bug of WebOS and LG do not take any action. Furthermore, there is a problem when reading UTF-8 subtitles. Appear strange symbols sometimes.

Personally, I always convert subtitles in ANSI and have no problem with their transcripts.

Yes, this is probably a bug of WebOS and LG do not take any action. Furthermore, there is a problem when reading UTF-8 subtitles. Appear strange symbols sometimes.

Personally, I always convert subtitles in ANSI and have no problem with their transcripts.

What do you use to convert the subtitle to ANSI ? Does this make the strange symbols disappear, while viewing a movie with subs?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By Stuart GIBSON
      I have a 48" OLED (Model: OLED48A26LA).  after updating to software version 13.30.61 the Sky New Live feed just displays "There was a problem with this video [timeout]".  It worked perfectly before the TV software upgrade.
      Ive reinstalled the Sky News app but still doesnt work.  wifi etc is all ok.
      Any ideas?  
      Stuart

• By dinoc
      I have an LG TV with Web OS 13.30.56 and the HBOMax app was replaced by MAX app.
      Since installing the new app I get 50+ per day ads notifications from Max app with the same add, every day , 50 notifications per day.
      I've made a video with the problem to understand it better:
      link hidden, please login to view Where can I report this problem to get it fixed?
      Please feel free to move this topic to a more appropriate area, if needed.
      Thank you
    • By Tsmt
      Hello,
      I have a problem with the subtitles when I try to share a video wirelessly directly from my PC to my LG 55SM9010PLA TV. I am not talking about sharing the whole screen (it lags a bit), just the video itself. 
      Sharing the video itself works well, but randomly the TV randomly does not recognise the subtitle, the sub option is not active in the TV menu, and there are no subtitles. It is in the same folder on my PC as the movie (.mkv), with the same name. In case of some movies it works, in case of others not, and I do not see the reasons why.
      First I tought it is becouse the format of the subtitle needs to be ".sub", becouse it worked with one movie. So I have learnt how to convert properly ".srt" to ".sub" - but still no success.
      Then I realised, in the case of another movie ".srt" worked on the TV, so I got really confused.
      I see no logic behind it.  Could you help me, what is the key here, what am I missing?
      Thank you!

• By Birkso
      Have an LG55Nano which works well apart from when on specific BBC shows whereby whenever there is a switch if camera, say from contestants to host and vice versa, there is an extremely annoying flickering motion that takes place. May sound petty but any visitors comment on how distracting it can be.
      Happens constantly on Richard Osmans House of Games, Impossible, Pointless and similar BBC programmes. Reported it but was told I had to get video clips for them to assist despite it being less than a year old. Life's too short. Any advice very welcome.