Quantcast

LB731 webOS - problem with subtitle encoding and mkv files

BrUtAlls

Question

Hello,
I got few MKV files where i cant change subtitle encoding (when i change encoding nothing happens). Other settings work fine (size, color, position).

Im using Smartshare.

Software Version: 03.23.24

webOS TV Version: 1.2.0-2724

MKV files where changing subtitle encoding doesn't work:

mkv-utf-8.png

MKV files that work fine:
mkv.png

I did test one subtitle on both MKV files, and on one subtitle encoding works, on another MKV i cant change encoding.

Did try serviio and direct over USB HD.

How to fix this? I really want to play my movies and have normal subtitles.... Thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

After removing internal subtitle "text stream: UTF-8" from MKV character encoding works. Is this a bug?

Yes, this is probably a bug of WebOS and LG do not take any action. Furthermore, there is a problem when reading UTF-8 subtitles. Appear strange symbols sometimes.

Personally, I always convert subtitles in ANSI and have no problem with their transcripts.

Yes, this is probably a bug of WebOS and LG do not take any action. Furthermore, there is a problem when reading UTF-8 subtitles. Appear strange symbols sometimes.

Personally, I always convert subtitles in ANSI and have no problem with their transcripts.

What do you use to convert the subtitle to ANSI ? Does this make the strange symbols disappear, while viewing a movie with subs?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By Roop
      I recently purchased a HU715QW LG Projector which came with software version 03.00.06, does this mean I am on WebOS 3.0, is there a way for me to get to 6.02 which seems to be the latest version of WebOS? Thanks for your help.
    • By SimonW
      WebOS 05.20.15
      DNS over TLS active on router (Cloudfare), all apps (like Netflix, Prime Video & HBO Max etc) are working fine, but the Apple TV app times out (no network)
      Removed the app, installed it again, but still not network. Turned DNS over TLS off, Apple TV works fine.
      According to Apple it's a LG (WebOS) issue, the only requirements, they say, are "active internet connection" and "no VPN".
      Also tested with Apple TV on a Fire TV Stick (on same network) and there it's working fine wiht DoT.  Unfortunately Fire Stick is not 4K, so app on TV is preferred.
      Look to me issue is with the Apple TV app itselfs, but Apple says it's LG.
      Anyone got some suggestions?
    • By PVN Satyanarayana
      Hi, I purchased my SMART TV model 43LF6300 in the year 2016 and current Firmware Version 04.06.40. Every one India using their favorite app like Disney Hotstar+, Zee5, Aaha and many more apps but those are not available on my TV which is annoying.. I spent Rs. 54000 to buy LG Smart TV but all the latest apps are not available. Please release the latest Web OS for these models at least Beta version unless the TVs like this will be useless and no one trust LG products. Thanks in advance and hope to receive latest Web OS soon.
    • By MacSmooth
      Quick question, what is the current software version on the hu810pw projector? Has there ever been any updates for this projector 
      Only asking because mine says it’s 03.00.37 out of the box and says there is no software updates 
      If this is the current version for this projector and it has been out for well over a year and never had any software/firmware updates, have I fallen victim to the LG never update any of their not popular products in there lifetime company policy? which kept me away from LG products for the pass 10years