Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

carsten

Can an app be automatically started when TV is turned on?

Question

Hi,

is it possible to develop an app that is automatically started once the TV is turned on?

It would be similar to a "kiosk" or "hotel" mode. The reason is that the TV shall be used

to display infos to customers. In unexpected cases like failure of elelctricity the TV

will boot and the app should be started automatically, so that the infos are

displayed again without user interaction.

I'm not sure where to start looking how this can be achieved.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Carsten

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Can't connect IDE with Developer Mode

I'm building my first app. The Emulator connection is OK, but I got an error trying to connect to the Smart TV. I already checked the correct passphrase, IP Address, and the Smart TV network connection... Could you help me to fix it?  

in LG webOS TV SDK

• Automatic eye comfort mode

Please add the ability to have eye comfort mode turn off / on at set times. (Similar to night shift on iPhone) Or at least move the setting to an easier location to avoid digging through settings menus. I turn it on every evening to stop the light effecting my circadian rhythm, then off when watching TV during the day and this would be very convenient.

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Wifi must be turned on?

When trying to use apps that need an internet connection I get an error (-106) saying that there is no connection. When I go to settings -> Network -> Wifi it says that wifi is turned off and I need to turn it on to see available networks. Well there's no switch or option to turn wifi on. I've had it connected to wifi before. Also sometimes it disconnects and then I have to go back in and tell it to connect again. This is the first time its said the wifi was off. I did a google search

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: WiFi is turned off

Hello, In the network option for Wi-Fi connection I'm unable to see the ON/OFF option for the wifi connection. The message says "Wi-Fi is turned off. Turn it on to see the list of available networks that you can connect to and additional related menu items". As this has previously happened for which I had to call the customer service for which they had sent an associate for that after which it worked properly. If that problem had been fixed then why this issue/problem occurred again?

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions