Quantcast

WebOS and TV updates

Meele

It would be very useful to see what is in WebOS and TV updates. When a new update is out all I see is that my TV has a new update available but I don't know what will I get with this update. I think this shouldn't be a big problem to solve and it would be very useful. Or there is a list of changes in new updates but I don't know where to look? :)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      Automatic Firmware Update
      Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launcher bar.
      Click the Settings icon in the top-right.
      Choose the All Settings option at the bottom.
      Choose the General menu from the left.
      Scroll down, near the bottom of the list, and select About this TV.
      From here, make sure Allow automatic updates is checked, and click the Check for updates button.
      If an update is found, follow the steps on screen to download and install it.

• By yenn22
      Hi, since I think yesterday I have an issue with HBO GO - it just shows unsupported device and that is it. According to their website, WebOS 3.5+ should be supported, I have LG uh6107 and in menu it shows SW version  5.60.15, so I think it should be ok.. does anybody have the same issue?
    • By News Reporter
      Disruptive Concept in Ownership Extends Usability of Appliances
      That Can Be Upgraded to Meet New Usage Trends, Patterns

SEOUL, Jan. 25, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to change the existing paradigm of home appliance usage with an upgradability option that adapts to the unique and changing lifestyles of customers. Developed under the concept, Evolving Appliances For You, LG upgradable appliances have the capability to incorporate new features developed in the future based on owners’ usage patterns and habits.
      What upgradability brings to the table is the ability to add a new function or convenience to an existing appliance through new software, new hardware or both. For example, users can improve the performance of the LG PuriCare air purifier when a new pet joins the family by upgrading with the Pet Care Filter to more thoroughly filter out pet fur and dander from the air.1 Upgradable LG dryers can be enhanced later on to handle different climates and fabrics with new accessories and software downloadable from the Upgrade Center in the LG ThinQ app.
      For the customer, upgradability enables the LG appliance to keep up with changing trends and usage patterns over the many years of that product’s lifespan, extending usefulness many times over. In all, LG is planning to introduce approximately 20 upgradable appliances this year.2
      “Upgradeability challenges the idea that expensive appliances are designed with planned obsolescence in mind,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “We want customers to experience the feeling of getting a new washer or refrigerator throughout the entire lifecycle of an LG appliance, not just the first time they bring the item home.”
      Customers in specific markets can expect to see LG’s first upgradable washer and dryer later this year. Follow LG’s Home Appliance Instagram account () for more information when available.
      # # #
      1   Pet Care Filter sold separately.
      2  Upgradable products and features may vary depending on model and region.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Alfvenwave
      Hi, I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this annoying new behaviour.
      I have my SKY Q box on HDMI1 and have become accustomed to switching back from Netflix (or any other app for that matter) by having HDMI1 assigned to button "1" using the Quick Access feature.  In the last week though, this feature has stopped working properly. If I am in Netflix and I press the "1" button, nothing happens (as expected). If instead I hold down the "1" button to switch to SKY I get a pop up that says this: "Do you want to add Netflix to [Quick Access 1]?".   If I then hold down the "0" button, the 3x3 grid "EDIT QUICK ACCESS" pop-up appears and I can clearly see my SKY Q/HDMI 1 in the top left grid position (button "1")!!!
      If I then switch via the Home button to HDMI1 and remove HDMI1 from Quick Access (via the  EDIT QUICK ACCESS pop up), I can then re-add it by holding down 1 or from within the pop-up. Now, if I go into Netflix and then hold down 1, my TV does (correctly) switch to HDMI1. Hurrah! If however I turn my TV off and back on, then go to Netflix, then hold down "1", I am back to square one with the question "Do you want to add Netwflix to [Quick Access 1]?"......Grrrr!!!
      I have tried switching the TV off at the wall, leaving for 10 seconds and repowering, which doesn't fix the problem (I don't believe WebOS reboots when you do this). LG appear to have made it a practical impossibility to reboot WebOS via anything other than a factory reset which I don't really want to do as it'll take me too long to get all my settings back to where I have them now. Some blogs suggest that the "User Licence agreement" setting can be changed which forces a reset from within the General tab but I don't see this on my TV (guessing that WebOS interface has changed).
      Anyone have any ideas? 
      Rob.

• By Mohannad Hanafi
      I installed webOS TV Emulator v6.0.0 and when I run it, it shows a black screen like this
      It's running on Oracle VM VirtualBox.