Quantcast

LGs first webOS based TVs become available in the US

Alex

Question

LG has released its first televisions with webOS in the United States. The cheapest model, a 42″ TV is available at $649. LG acquired webOS from HP last year after HP bought webOS developer and smartphone manufacturer Palm. The TVs are for sale at several U.S. online retailers and are all of the LG LB6300 series with different screen sizes.

496x330xmyce-lg-webos.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.

WebOS is an operating system based on the Linux kernel and it makes it possible to write applications in HTML and Javascript. It was introduced in 2009 and should replace LGs current Netcast platform. LG also has made their own interface based on cards which each show different options and applications.

The cheapest webOS based TV is available at $649 and has a 42″ Full-HD screen. The most expensive LG webOS TV sells at $2000 and has a 65″ screen.

Source:

link hidden, please login to view

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Well done LG ! LG has the great chance to dominate the whole Internet TV Market..Apple and the other competitors have not got the right operating system for their TV´s..

I often said in the Past: WEB OS is the best OS for the whole mobile and TV market!

Greetings to Alex and to all Web OS and LG Fans!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Filip_IT
      Hello
      I have login issue on a brand new LG TV 55UR640S0ZD there I  want to create content with content manager and create Groups with Group Manager 2.0.
      I´m trying to login to Dashboard with chrome and Internet Explorer browser which is connected to wlan with IP address:
      link hidden, please login to view  Here it says to Input Password and I have tested
      admin
      Without success, what is the default password?  
      I have reset the TV from Hotell mode menu and ordinary Menu to factory default but does it exist any other way to reset TV?
      How can I get access to my TV?
      All help is appreciated
      BR. Filip

• By Nitin Chopra
      Hi Team,
      After update of LG WebOS to 04.40.70, Amazon Prime Video app on my LG Smart TV stopped working. It started giving error :
      Internet Connectivity Problem
      There is an internet connection problem. Check the device's internet settings, data cables, or try to resetting your router. Also, turning your device off, and then back on might fix the problem. For further assistance, please contact Amazon customer service at www.amazon.com/videohelp
      The internet/wifi connection is fine and all the other apps are working without any issue on the LG smart TV.
      I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Prime video app, but that didn't help.
      Has anyone faced this issue ? Is there a solution available for this issue.
      Thanks & Regards,
      Nitin
    • By Luka Pantsulaia
      I bought LG smart tv. for some reason region selected was Africa and could only choose from african countries and had very little available apps in content store. I live in Georgia, so figured that  changing region to EU would help so changed it to 3122 and selected service country UK because Georgia was not in the list. after that every app says that it is not available in current country. I have  default region code saved so I guess could go back but wondering if any one can help me to get it working in EU. or if anyone have region code in which Georgia is available it will be helpful as well. 
    • By qUArtEx
      Hi to all! 
      I'm really new into this and have a problem. My 2018 LG 55UJ635V-ZF has only webOS 3 (latest; ethernet-automatic download) an i can't use airplay or miracast. The apps i found in the store for mirroring are only pay2use to use this needed feature for me.
      On the LG Homepage i can't find an upgrade for my TV an maybe is my tv really to old for upgrades or am i wrong?
      Maybe someone can help me out or bring some light for me in this.
      I also found the suggestions on this site for the firmware 4.70.70 (for the UJ's), but i can't download....error.
      sorry for my bad english 🙂
      thx for your help, quartex.
    • By JohnoFon
      I am using an LM6300PLA, WebOS version 05.30.11
      When I try to record a series from the Live TV - using input the satellite connection - the first episode records correctly, but subsequent episodes all stop after 3 minutes.
      What am I doing wrong?
      Further annoyances are that I can't just set it to record all episodes of a particular show (the way my HUMAX Freesat does), but only 'repeat recording on specified days' with no end-date.
      Does this mean that the recorder has no access to the Electronic Programme Guide, but just sets a time and duration? If the broadcaster reschedules the programme does the recorder just pick up the replacement?
  • Similar Tagged Content