joshua764

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By angelraulac
      Desde hace más de una hora me he dado cuenta de mi casualidad, mi hijita, el piso se controla y se maneja esa ventada donde se ingresa la contraseña, eh visto todo los tutoriales y los manuales de LG, pero no me ayudaron cada vez que trato de apretar en mi control configuración remota o la configuración de la casa me aparece esa ventana no puedo hacer nada porque yo aparece esa ventana porfavor alguien que me ayude no se que hacer .

• By Alex
      If you haven't noticed of late, the latest iterations of iOS and Android heavily leverage gestures with their user interfaces – something that a now defunct mobile platform was known for notoriously implementing. It's almost unbelievable to know that the Palm Pre was launched almost 9 years ago, which in the smartphone industry is a really, really long time. Looking back at what it helped to establish, there's no denying that it was simply one of those phones that was too ahead of its time. 
      It's almost unbelievable to know that the Palm Pre was launched almost 9 years ago.
      One look at the Palm Pre when it first came onto the scene, its polished stone resemblance was a sight to behold back in 2009 – more so when it featured a portrait sliding QWERTY keyboard. For Palm, it was its most radically designed smartphone, setting itself apart not only from Palm's line of devices, but from all smartphones in general. Even more impressive, the Palm Pre featured wireless charging, which is a feature that only recently became akin to mostly high-end smartphones nowadays.
      While the phone's specs weren't ground-breaking for a smartphone during its time, it's memorable for the software that Palm meticulously developed. Palm's webOS was something truly different! And it's really ironic how iOS and Android today adopted many of webOS' signature looks and features. The cards view we get in both mobile operating systems was something that webOS brought along back when it was introduced in 2009. Moreover, webOS heavily leveraged a ton of finger gestures for users to navigate around the platform. From the swipe up gesture that "minimized" apps into their card view, to swiping away to close those apps, a lot is owed to the fundamental principles of webOS.

Above all, though, the Palm Pre was ahead of its time thanks to its "Synergy" groundwork – something that intelligently populated the correct information with your contacts. Essentially, Synergy helped to merge your data from all your services, whether they were email, instant messaging, or just general address book information, Synergy just took the hassle of managing all of that on our own. There was also the universal search that webOS offered, which is yet another staple feature in today's smartphones.
      However, we do recall how Palm was trying to sell us the vision of the future with Synergy – how a personal digital assistant of sorts could intelligently aid us. It reminds us of all the talk we have now about artificial intelligence. Palm sold us on the idea of how one day webOS can detect that you've snoozed your alarm too many times and automatically send text messages to the folks you're scheduled to meet up with – to tell them that you're going to be late. And that's all accomplished with Synergy's potential capabilities!
      As we all know, we never got to that point with webOS, which is a shame because the platform was undeniably ahead of its time. Quite frankly, it's still unbelievable that the Palm Pre was released 9 years ago. Just think about the possibilities if webOS somehow managed to survive and thrive. Then again, today's mobile platforms have clearly adopted many of webOS' features, which shows why the Palm Pre is a testament in being regarded as one of the most revolutionary phones ever to be imagined.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By pivotCE
      Tech-tuber, , dug out a Palm Pre today to do a comparison video of the iPhone X and the original Palm Pre with equal parts “Apple finally copied webOS” and “this weird device is old, lolz” sprinkled in.

Perhaps the video is in response to claims from Qualcomm that in their borrowing (read:  theft) of elements that made webOS, well, webOS.
      He admits this isn’t a serious comparison, of course.

I’m going to let the video speak for itself on this one.

He had some help getting that Pre bypassed from our community, by the way (no shout-out in the video, Tim?!). And my favorite comment on the video has got to be this one!

Yes. Yes, it does.
      #webOSforever
      Related posts:

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Alex
      Interesting article on the verge:
      I have become the unofficial standard bearer for webOS, the operating system created by Palm for the Pre and its successive devices. It was a wildly innovative and smart foundation for a smartphone done in by performance problems, mediocre hardware, and most of all by US carriers who acted as kingmakers for other companies.
      So as the bearer of a thoroughly-tattered banner, I’ve been hearing a lot of people ask what I thought about the iPhone X and how it borrows many of the ideas first introduced by Palm. Here’s what I think: it’s great, and also it’s silly compare the state of tech in 2017 with the state of tech in 2009. Just because Palm did some stuff first doesn’t take away from Apple is doing them now. Context matters, and our context today is very different.
      The iPhone X has a lot of new interface ideas. Very few of them 100 percent original. Take FaceID, for example. Both Google with the Galaxy Nexus and Samsung with many other devices have been making unlocking your phone with your face possible — but all of them have been pretty bad compared to what I experienced with the iPhone X.
      That’s not a Palm example, but it’s instructive: ideas float around and sometimes Apple does a better job of implementing them than others who did it first. Is that the case with the innovations Palm introduced with webOS, then? Yeah, pretty much, because technology marches on. But webOS did some things that nobody has copied yet, too — although I think it’s well past time to stop pining for those unique features. Read more: 
      link hidden, please login to view A little history:

• By disarsa
      Hola LG WebOS hay muchas excelente apps para la hp touchpad que ya no sirven hace poco dejo de funiconar Flickr Mundo HD un app demasiado bueno para visualizar las fotos desde flickr, el hardware demasiado bueno pero sin apps y las pocas que quedan poco a poco las van matando, por favor no dejar que muera webOS en los demás aparatos o realizar una actulización para poder soportar los mismos, muchas gracias por su atención a esta petición y a un fanático a webOS.