Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alex

Bring back the Pre 3!!!

7 posts in this topic

If I had to wish for someting, it would be the HP Pre 3 but as an LG Pre 4 with even better hardware and 4G LTE!

1 person likes this

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Maybe the Pre 4 could be a slab with a slide out horizontal keyboard like the first Motorola Droid...

1 person likes this

There are many others to mimic - would a future Pre 3/4 be a follower OR leader?

There are many others to mimic - would a future Pre 3/4 be a follower OR leader?

Good point, its more nostalgia for me... :P  A nice slab phone at this point would be great...anything at this point would be great...

Good point, its more nostalgia for me... :P  A nice slab phone at this point would be great...anything at this point would be great...

Everyone has a slab phone. The physical keyboards of the WebOS phones set them apart. I wore out my Veer and was looking for something similar. There isn't anything. Everything is a slab phone and they just keep getting bigger. For people who use their phones for work, the go-to apps are e-mail and texting. I need a physical keyboard for that because of the constant errors of virtual ones. I also need a phone that is a comfortable size to carry in my pocket. A 5" screen isn't what I need. The only reason Blackberry is still in business is because HP's CEO's were too dense to realize that is what they were going after. The need is still there. There is even less competition. Motorola used to have 'Pro' versions of their Android phones with keyboards, but no longer. Why not go after the niche market that wants a smaller phone with a physical keyboard? Why not target Blackberry? Why not just usurp Hurd's WebOS strategy, since HP could no longer understand it once he left?

WebOS phones weren't the strategy with WebOS, Synergy was. The corporate market was the target. HP had WebOS running on phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, and printers. By using Synergy to simplify corporate phone and computer configurations, HP planned on selling a lot of computers, phones, tablets, and most importantly, Synergy servers and services.

This message took twice as long to type on a tablet with a virtual keyboard than it would have taken on my Veer.

1 person likes this

I did like my pre 2. Never got a pre 3... But my 2 served very well and I liked the keyboard. Used a pixi for a while with that keyboard as well. I agree that differentiating would be the way to go.