Quantcast

Bring back the Pre 3!!!

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are many others to mimic - would a future Pre 3/4 be a follower OR leader?

Good point, its more nostalgia for me... :P  A nice slab phone at this point would be great...anything at this point would be great...

• 5 months later...

Good point, its more nostalgia for me... :P  A nice slab phone at this point would be great...anything at this point would be great...

Everyone has a slab phone. The physical keyboards of the WebOS phones set them apart. I wore out my Veer and was looking for something similar. There isn't anything. Everything is a slab phone and they just keep getting bigger. For people who use their phones for work, the go-to apps are e-mail and texting. I need a physical keyboard for that because of the constant errors of virtual ones. I also need a phone that is a comfortable size to carry in my pocket. A 5" screen isn't what I need. The only reason Blackberry is still in business is because HP's CEO's were too dense to realize that is what they were going after. The need is still there. There is even less competition. Motorola used to have 'Pro' versions of their Android phones with keyboards, but no longer. Why not go after the niche market that wants a smaller phone with a physical keyboard? Why not target Blackberry? Why not just usurp Hurd's WebOS strategy, since HP could no longer understand it once he left?

WebOS phones weren't the strategy with WebOS, Synergy was. The corporate market was the target. HP had WebOS running on phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, and printers. By using Synergy to simplify corporate phone and computer configurations, HP planned on selling a lot of computers, phones, tablets, and most importantly, Synergy servers and services.

This message took twice as long to type on a tablet with a virtual keyboard than it would have taken on my Veer.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      With the stage set for an action-packed summer of sports, LG’s latest lineup of TVs and soundbars are here to bring every world-class play to life. To curate the most authentic spectator experience at home, LG is combining breathtaking visuals with mesmerizing audio, ensuring that every game-defining moment or demonstration of athletic brilliance can be viewed in all its glory.
      As sport broadcasts in 4K resolution become more available, LG TVs are set to deliver the vibrant colors and lifelike clarity that fully immerse spectators in the unmistakable tension of a knockout competition this summer. Pairing 4K images with an ultra-large LG TV screen allows sports fans to fully engage with every crucial moment and celebration. From capturing the game-winning action to faithfully depicting the stadium’s energetic atmosphere, this powerful combination puts the viewer into the thick of the action with an unrivalled level of realism.
      Powered by the α (Alpha) AI processor, which optimizes picture and audio quality, every detail of the game, down to each blade of grass and chant of the crowd, is presented with sharp and vivid clarity. The latest cutting-edge Alpha AI processors developed by LG also feature AI Super Upscaling1 with precise pixel-level image analysis, revealing the details and depth in the scene. Even when a broadcast is not in 4K, AI Super Upscaling intelligently enhances the resolution of the incoming signal to transform it into detailed 4K images. Using advanced algorithms to increase pixel density, LG TVs ensure that every shot on goal and thrilling play is displayed with clarity, so not a single moment is missed.
      For tailored viewing experiences, LG TVs offer several versatile settings such as Sports Mode, which adds greater clarity to the players’ movements and expressions. Another aspect that sets LG TVs apart is the ability to render fast-paced games with precision. TruMotion technology, which offers five different options, helps boost the clarity of fast movements such as a pass, shot or dunk. The LG OLED evo M, G and C series have all been VESA certified with a ClearMR 9000 rating, meaning they boast 85 to 95 times more clear pixels than blurry ones.
      The LG OLED and QNED TVs have wide viewing angles that let viewers share those ‘where were you?’ sports moments with family and friends, who can watch from practically anywhere in the room. The ultimate sports viewing experience is attainable through LG OLED’s self-lit pixels that emit light in all directions, or QNED’s Quantum Dot and NanoCell color technologies which deliver crisp, vivid pictures from every angle.
      To cater to the unique needs and preferences of every sports fanatic, LG OLED TVs come in various sizes. For larger rooms, the ideal option could be the ultra-large 97-inch model which places them at the heart of every play and celebration. For smaller rooms, LG OLED TV models start at 42 inches to let viewers watch the big game without sacrificing image clarity or detail. LG’s newest QNED TVs are available from 43 to 98 inches, so there’s something for every type of fan.
      LG’s convenient Sports Portal2 has been introduced as a hub for sports channels, live content, match schedules, scores and more. This new feature lets viewers use keywords to search the web and offers curated lists of major sports leagues and apps to personalize the sports entertainment experience.
      LG TVs’ Multi-View feature, powered by the Alpha 11 processor, divides the screen into four sections so that users can watch four different sources of content at once. This advanced feature delivers unmatched flexibility on top of highly immersive sports viewing experiences.
      The latest Alpha processor also uses AI to optimize the audio experience. For example, AI Sound Pro enriches sound by utilizing the virtual 11.1.2 surround sound from the TV’s built-in speaker system, effectively capturing the stadium’s distinctive ambiance and injecting it into the living room.
      LG’s OLED and QNED TVs effortlessly pair with LG’s compatible soundbars through WOWCAST Built-in.3 Notably, WOW Orchestra creates three-dimensional audio with the TV’s built-in speakers and separate soundbar working in harmony to unify sounds and envelope viewers with dynamic soundscapes, making it feel like they’re in the stadium themselves.
      Geared up with a center up-firing speaker and AI-powered tuning, LG soundbars harness the power of Dolby Atmos to transform the home into a stadium of spectators. Dolby Atmos provides immersive audio experiences from the crisp snap of a ball being kicked to the thunderous applause cascading around viewers. The added height channel vividly captures the movement of players and the roar of the crowd, with sound emitting from multiple directions to achieve a new level of realism. Timely, as some sporting events this summer will be broadcast in 5.1.4 immersive audio, creating a dome of surround sound for greater spatial realism.
      LG soundbars’ center up-firing speaker also delivers clear dialogue, so viewers can catch the commentator’s every word. Combined with LG’s Triple Level Spatial Sound Technology, the three-dimensional sound experience is further enhanced by utilizing multiple audio channels and height effects to add a virtual mid-layer. This helps fans feel like they are almost beside the athletes, hearing the subtlest details across the auditory landscape.

When the game is over, but friends want to keep the excitement alive, LG TVs and soundbars can deliver captivating visuals and powerful sounds for movie night. With Dolby Vision, LG TVs vividly elevate movies with their vibrant colors and sharp details, delivering cinematic immersion in the comfort of home. When paired with LG Dolby Atmos soundbars, the audio experience envelopes viewers in rich, dynamic soundscapes that heighten the realism of every scene. For the avid gamer, LG TVs boast high-quality displays and gamer-centric features that ensure compelling graphics and immersive audio for dynamic, breathtaking gaming experiences.
      To receive further updates on LG’s game-changing technologies that unlock new ways of sports viewing, stay tuned to
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #
      1 AI Super Upscaling available with TVs powered by the company’s Alpha 8 AI processor, Alpha 9 AI processor and Alpha 11 AI processor.
      2 Available on LG 2024 OLED TVs, QNED TVs, NanoCell TVs and UHD TVs.
      3 LG OLED TV M/G/C/B series and QNED TV models that support 120Hz feature WOWCAST Built-in.

• By Flavio_S
      On LG OLEDs. You go on and disable SIMPLINK. Fine. But everytime you turn on your HDMI device it enables itself back again. This happens because they have disables two key features that were present in previous OSs, as you can see clearly here
      link hidden, please login to view (they even put screencaps of the menus where you see the missing options in the 23) These functions are Auto Power Sync and Auto Device Detection.
      Man updates are supposed to add functionalities not the other way around. It's very annoying to turn on your TV and have your AVR turn on without you wanting to.

Anyone found a solution for this problem?
    • By News Reporter
      ‘Optimism your feed’ Playlist Curated by Global Influencers Will Enable Users
      to Engage With Optimistic and Inspiring Content on Their Social Media Feeds

SEOUL, May 29, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) today launched a global campaign called ‘Optimism your feed,’ which aims to help users bring more optimism to their social media experience by inviting them to proactively engage with positive and inspiring content on their feeds.
      “As a customer-focused brand, LG is a passionate champion of optimism. We aim to create positive changes in people’s lives by being intentional with our positive activities both online and in the real world,” said Kim Hyo-eun, vice president and head of LG’s Brand Management Division. “In the AI era, LG remains committed to our unwavering promise of ‘Life’s Good.’ We will continue to enhance our customers’ lives with a human-centric approach, fostering hope for a better future.”
      A new global survey commissioned by LG found that social media is both a source of anxiety and a place where people turn to be entertained, keep up with friends and family, and stay informed about news and current events. According to the survey, almost half of respondents (45 percent) report their social media feeds consist of an equal or greater amount of negative content than positive content. One in four respondents (28 percent) claimed negative content on their social media feeds has increased their anxiety and one in five (20 percent) said it has made them unhappy.
      link hidden, please login to view also suggest that algorithms often promote negative and niche conversations. The global survey sought to understand the triggers that affect how algorithms work and how to increase your feed’s positive content. The result is the ‘Optimism your feed’ playlist of original content that, when interacted with, will pull more optimistic content into your feed.* ‘Optimism your feed’ is part of LG’s global , introduced last year to inspire and encourage people to approach life with an optimistic attitude.
      Created in collaboration with global influencers renowned for their optimistic influences including , , and more, the ‘Optimism your feed’ playlist includes over 20 short-form videos ranging from motivation to feel-good content.
      Additionally, LG is consulting with social media experts including Professor , an information scientist and technology ethicist, with a PhD in Human Centered Computing. Fiesler researches and teaches in the areas of technology ethics, internet policy and online communities, and has published on topics such as social media content moderation and recommender systems. She also educates the public on these topics as a content creator.
      Social media has become an integral part of our lives, and algorithms play a significant role in the content that we see in these spaces. LG’s global playlist and campaign gives users the opportunity to see more positive and uplifting posts. By being more conscious about what we choose to engage with, we can bring stronger optimism, balance and happiness to our lives.
      According to Fiesler, “Recommendation algorithms determine what we see on social media by predicting what content we are likely to engage with. These algorithms can therefore send us down ever more specific niches – for good and for bad. Research has shown that left unchecked, users can go down negative rabbit holes and encounter harmful content quite quickly. One of our first lines of defense needs to be improving our digital literacy, and paying more attention to how algorithms influence our online experiences. And the good news is that we do have some control over the input for these algorithmic predictions; if we choose to engage with optimistic content, there’s a good possibility we will see more of it.”
      Victoria Browne, a global influencer and TEDx Talk speaker, said, “The algorithms on our social channel can have a big impact on the content we see online, which impacts our mental health. That’s why I’m passionate about ‘Optimism your feed’, and I hope that people use this playlist as a foundation to retrain their algorithm and encourage positivity in all aspects of their lives. So much of the stigma and difficulty of tackling mental health is that it is unseen. With this campaign, we are saying you should reach out to your friends, and that we can help each other. Our algorithm should recommend content that makes us feel more connected to people, not less.”
      The ‘Optimism your feed’ playlist can be found on LG’s global TikTok channel and global YouTube channel , and will later spread to various social media platforms through collaborations with influencers around the world. More details can be found on the campaign page on .
      # # #
      * According to a global survey conducted by Dynata on behalf of LG in 2024.
      Survey Methodology
      Timings: Fieldwork conducted from April 26 to May 2, 2024
      Countries: USA, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, France, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, South Korea, India, Australia
      Age: People between 22 and 65 years old and weekly TikTok or Instagram users
      Sample Size: 400 respondents in the USA, 200 respondents in the rest of the markets
      Method: Quantitative questionnaire online survey through Dynata’s proprietary panel

• By whaleandtuna
      Please Help. I have LG qned tv with webOS 23
      1) What I did: with svc remote -> in start -> 0413 and all, area option was changed.
      I was trying many numbers to find the code for KR (which didn't work).
      2) What I wanted : change area option from CA -> KR (widely known area codes do not work)
      Original code: CAD 22411

3) Problem: Once I put a number between 19461 ~ 19489, Language&Country is set to EU and would not change the country with the other numbers.
      Area option: 19461 ~ 19489 Continent index: 5 ~ 33 Language & Country: EU  
      Now I put 22411 to change it back to original region, but the country would not change from EU to CA, the area option is back to 19461.
      If anyone is trying the area option numbers, don't put any number between them.
      If any one knows how to resolve, please help me to escape from EU.. I am so desperate.

FYI just in case
      hk 17930
      hk 17935
      co 17560
      ph 15670
      cn 17816
      ja 17211
      aj 17083
      tw 17432
      pa 17679
      hn 18618
      ca 18362
      mx 18456
      hn 18584
      br 18789
      cl 18876
      pe 19033
      ar 19123
      ec 19251
      jp 19345

• By Alfaro
      I have a problem with my LG 43NANO756PR: if an app is paused (for example a youtube video or music track is put in pause), after about two minutes the TV goes back to the TV antenna input. Very unpleasant if you are on the phone and need a quiet environment. Same thing if I mute the audio: after about 2 minutes the volume resumes as before.
      Any way to sort this issue?
  • Similar Tagged Content