Quantcast

PreCentral: Disable Gesture Area LED when an app is active

disable lightbarWhen the physical button on the original Palm Pre was replaced with a virtual capacitive button on the Pre Plus, there was more than just a change to the physical appearance of webOS phones. While both the physical button of the Pre and the capacitive button of Pre Plus performed the same functions to

link hidden, please login to view
or provide blink notifications since , the LED light of the Pre Plus would also light up any time an app was open and active on the device. This may be a nice reminder that the LED light also doubles as a home button, but it can also be quite annoying. All webOS devices since the Pre Plus has continued this functionality, with no way to disable it if you would rather not have the LED light up whenever you are working in an app.

Not willing to take no for an answer, the webOS homebrew community stepped up and provided a homebrew patch to fix this issue. All you need to do is install the "Disable LightBar" patch from developer Herrie and that default behavior of the LED will now be disabled. It will still blink for any app notification, it just won't light up every time you are working in an app.

mf.gif

a2t.img0ENkA71aoWE

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jassim Abubacker
      Every time I login to OSN plus, it goes back to the same login page. It used to work fine not till a few days ago (webOS version: 03.34.55). Anyone else facing the same issue and know how to resolve this?
    • By 5zwed
      Hi,
      I've recently bought a 65QNED913PA TV (currently with latest official software) and I connected my Bluetooth headset to it - Jabra Elite 85t. Whenever I try to use pause button on my headset (while watching YouTube, Netflix, Disney,...) sound gets muted, but video does not pause. When I push the button again sound comes back and nothing else happens. Should my TV support pausing video from my headset or this does not work by default?
      Regards
      Maciej

SUPPORT MENU
    • By qUArtEx
      Hi to all! 
      I'm really new into this and have a problem. My 2018 LG 55UJ635V-ZF has only webOS 3 (latest; ethernet-automatic download) an i can't use airplay or miracast. The apps i found in the store for mirroring are only pay2use to use this needed feature for me.
      On the LG Homepage i can't find an upgrade for my TV an maybe is my tv really to old for upgrades or am i wrong?
      Maybe someone can help me out or bring some light for me in this.
      I also found the suggestions on this site for the firmware 4.70.70 (for the UJ's), but i can't download....error.
      sorry for my bad english 🙂
      thx for your help, quartex.
    • By codepoet
      Greetings Touchpad users! The webOS Nation Forums went down this month -- unceremoniously redirected to some crappy review site, despite the community's pleas to let us save or preserve it in some fashion. As a result, we're looking here (and other places) for some kind of community forum!
      For those who visit here, I wanted to let you know that despite all recent set-backs, the legacy webOS community is alive and well, still using our Touchpads, Pres, Pixis and Veers in 2023!
      Resources to get online, apps to try out, and lots of other things to do can be found at webosarchive.org
      We've also got a Discord server going -- it even connects to webOS Devices, through a modern app called SimpleChat. Come join us at docs.webosarchive.org/community
    • By ReneVlEugel
      I own a LG HU85LS very happy with that but now I don't see the Disney plus app. 
      Where an when can I get it?