Quantcast

PreCentral: Ares 2 gets a demo webcast all its own [video]

News Reporter

Ares 2 gets a demo webcast all its own

Yesterday we showed you a presentation by HP's Kevin Schaaf at dotJS showing

link hidden, please login to view
as the framework for your multi-platform app. But do you really want to do it all in code? Well, you might, but we don't. We've always been fans of the , though getting it updated to support Enyo 2 has been a process. If you're not familiar with Ares, it was and allowed developers to .

Ares 2.0 ended up on the with planned release of April 2012. The code for Ares 2 was at the end of April, but it was nowhere near complete, with the development process thrown all to hell by the a month prior. So Ares 2 was released to open source in spirit, but actually making use of it, that was months away still.

In the meantime, development has continued on Ares 2, albeit at a slow and steady pace. To demonstrate where Ares 2 currently stands, HP's Mark Bessey took to YouTube with a 13-minute Hello World-style demonstration of the app builder. And true to the original Mojo version, Ares 2 works with the same drag-and-drop principles. There's a difference, though: Ares 2 itself is an Enyo app. Yeah, you can now use an Enyo app to build an Enyo app.

Check out the video demo after the break.

mf.gif

a2t.imgD_lCNKqDhuQ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Dinkins, One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in AI, Showcases Her
      Latest Art on LG OLED at the Guggenheim’s ‘Late Shift’ Event

SEOUL, Jan. 29, 2024 — Stephanie Dinkins presented three of her latest works in progress at ‘Late Shift x Stephanie Dinkins,’ an after-hours public program held at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York City on January 25. Pushing the boundaries of artistic creation with her use of AI, Dinkins is the first inaugural recipient of the 2023 LG Guggenheim Award that celebrates artists breaking new ground in technology-based art and one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in AI.
      AI is integral to Dinkins’ artistic practice and vision, as she investigates ways to make AI more accessible and inclusive. She raises important questions like “What does AI need from you?” to make a point that AI needs to develop a more well-rounded perspective that better reflects the real-world.  Her projects shed light on how AI can tend to have the mindset of the majority, easily overlooking and further ostracizing those living in the grey area of society. Through her thought-provoking interactions with AI made into art, Dinkins bridges the gap between art and technology to advocate for positive change.
      Her works in progress presented at Guggenheim invite the audience into the narrative of helping AI grow in social values such as care and attentiveness. Named ‘’Not the Only One Avatar image 2023 brain (N’TOO),’ ‘The Stories We Tell Our Machines,’ and ‘WisdomBot,’ Dinkins’ works build on the interaction between AI displayed on LG OLED screens and the audiences. Again, the artist pinpoints that we all have something to contribute in shaping how AI understands the world.
      The ongoing theme for the ‘LG Guggenheim Art and Technology Initiative’ has been the symbiosis between technology and art where each inspires the other to explore new paths. Dinkins’ presentation of her recent works comes at a timely juncture. LG Electronics recently made a bold move during CES 2024, naming AI as the company’s focal point for the year and redefining it as ‘Affectionate Intelligence.’
      LG and Guggenheim are joining hands to support more artists creating new technological and artistic expressions. Last year, Dinkins became the first inaugural recipient of the LG Guggenheim Award, a five-year multifaceted collaboration designed to research, honor and promote artists working at the intersection of art and technology.
      “I am excited to have activated the Guggenheim’s rotunda as a machine learning laboratory, sharing works in progress that highlight the imperative,” said Stephanie Dinkins, LG Guggenheim Inaugural Awardee. “These works in progress inform AI systems with a broad spectrum of ideas, wisdoms, cultural touch points and stories that have sustained our communities for millennia.”
      “As audience members willingly engaged with artificial intelligence entities in this unique event, their interactions served as valuable contributions,” said Noam Segal, LG Electronics Associate Curator. “These contributions, coined by Stephanie Dinkins as ‘Data Gifts’, play a crucial role in enriching the AI’s learning datasets, particularly in filling gaps where information, historical knowledge or intricate concepts are absent.”
      “LG Electronics believes in technology inspiring art,” said Kate Oh, Vice President of the Brand Communication Division at the LG Home Entertainment Company. “We are privileged to provide LG OLED as a tool that, in turn, inspires artists to pioneer new paths and reach for boundless expression.”
      LG and the Guggenheim Museum are committed to working together to identify and celebrate artists pushing the envelope of technology-based art. To follow the journey, please visit LG’s
      link hidden, please login to view for the LG Guggenheim Art and Technology Initiative. # # #

• By hjetschko
      Hi, I have a feature request for the sound out setting. I often connect my Bluetooth headphones to the TV. We don't use the internal speaker of the TV, we use the optical sound out setting whenever I don't use Bluetooth. It would make our lives a lot easier if the TV can remember the last sound out setting before connecting to Bluetooth and default back to this setting when the Bluetooth device gets disconnected. At the moment, each time I disconnect the headphones I have to go back into settings and change the sound out setting from internal speaker to optical again. 
      Thanks and regards
      Hubert
    • By Darshan Giri
      I was unable to install the remote control app(on TV) after bundling with Sandstorm webdriver code. Getting below error. ares-install ERR! [com.webos.appInstallService failure]: luna-send command failed <update manifest file failed>
    • By PepeSan
      Please I need your help, I am installing my application on my lg tv through the command ares-install --device LG_TV ./[my_package].ipk.

It had been working for a long time without a problem but today out of nowhere it shows me the following error:
      ERR! ares-install: Error: Command '/bin/rm -rf /media/developer/temp && /bin/mkdir -p /media/developer/temp' exited with code=1 (signal: undefined)
      The web os version on my tv is 05.30.30
      I really appreciate any feedback 🙏

• By philotas
      I followed these steps to prepare my LG TV and it all worked fine:

link hidden, please login to view  
      However I cannot push IPK to tv or just list stuff:

I am getting this error when calling:
      ares-device-info --device tv2 outputs:
      ares-device-info ERR! [syscall failure]: read ENOTCONN Any ideas?

I can ping the TV just fine and getting the key from the TV also worked but connection fail...

I am using macOS 12.16 and the TV is using webOS 4.9...
      I also tried different node versions (v8.17.0 and v17.3.0)
      Any ideas?