So I'm trying to watch Eurosport player via the LG WebOS browser. When I put the stream I'm watching to full screen the bottom bar (with start/pause, volume, full screen etc. options) goes away for a couple of seconds and when the censor disappears it comes back and stays on. It's really annoying.
I have been watching Eurosport like this before and never had this issue. Wondering if it's something to do with the new update?
Many thanks for your time.
Current version of webOS on 55” C1 OLED only allows HDMI1-4 or “Streaming Live TV & Content” to be used as the default input source. Why no apps like YouTube or Hulu? If “Streaming Live TV & Content” option is selected as default input, a prompt to select a service is displayed and the only option is SlingTV. Why? Sling is not the only streaming option. Many of the TV apps stream TV and content, why are they not available options? Apps need to be available options for default input.
I have LG 65C1, Denon x4300h（arc monitor 1 was broken, but monitor 2 is working ）,
and what I would like to know is,
can LG TV's autopower sync works?
I mean I want to turn on TV using the LG remote control,
then my Denon x4300h could turn on automatically,
when I turn off TV, then Denon turn off automatically.
I tried many ways to test it, I open all the functions about hdmi control, hdmi cec, simplink, autopower sync...
but it still doesn't work,
how could I solve it?
Or LG TV just can't do it?
Thanks a lot!
Hello! I‘m a guy from Germany who bought his first time ever LG TV, the OLED55G19LA. Coming from a Samsung UE49KS7090 I actually expected the LG to be as good as the Samsung in regards of user interface and handling, but it‘s way worse. Well, gotta live with that. But since using it for about two weeks now, I noticed a few things. Since in my job I‘m a software tester (not for TVs, but software for users is software for users), I think I kinda have an eye for things and how they are supposed to be or not.
Since there is only a wishlist forum and no „report your bugs here“ forum, I‘ll post my bugs directly here in hope some developer will record them on the bug tracking list.
1. Bug: Timers. When gaming on my PS5, the TV suddenly came up with ‚will switching off in 5 minutes‘. So I deactivated that timer which was on by default (why??), just to see the same message appearing again after another 4 hours (yes, on weekends gaming sessions can be long). I think this is a typical software developer flaw. The running timer isn‘t canceled when switching that option off.
2. Bug: Youtube app. When playing videos from a playlist with auto-play activated and commercials come in the middle of a video, after using the „Skip ad“ button it would randomly jump to another video, which isn‘t on the playlist. This only happens when I connect from within thr Youtube app on my iPad to my TV, select videos on the iPad which would put them onto the playlist of the TV. The TV would start playing, a commercial come and zing!, you‘re out of your currently watched video.
3. Unwanted behavior: when starting the TV, it would also wake my NAS. This isn‘t necessary. It should only wake it when I open the media player app.
4. Missing option „Start where you left off last time“: when shutting down the TV while Youtube or Netflix are running, I‘d expect it to come up again the same way. But this only happens randomly or not at all.
5. Bug: HDMI CEC. My A/V receiver is on the HDMI(ARC) port. The LG deteced it as Denon Sound Bar (how??). Switching it on together with the TV only sometimes works. Switching it off doesn‘t work at all. What works nicely is loudness control.
6. Bug: Audio interrupts. When playing a video in the media player, streaming Netflix or gaming on PS5, which is directly connected to the TV, the audio stream via ARC would randomly be interrupted for about one second while the video continues neatlessly. I never had such with the Samsung TV. Totally new and extremely annoying bug.
7. Controversial topic: DTS audio. I learned that LG doesn‘t decode DTS in files played from the media player. But passing it through is not decoding and I don‘t think that LG would need a DTS licence to just pass it through. Of course the question would be „Why not even passing it through?“. The Samsung I used before could do that. Well, this one’s five years old and I know that current models also don‘t support DTS anymore, but perhaps they pass it through.