Quantcast

PreCentral: Enyo 2.1.1 updated for Internet Explorer 10 touch and Kindle Fire HD

News Reporter

Enyo 2.1.1 supports Internet Explorer 10 touch and Kindle Fire HD

The platform-agnostic Enyo application framework is expanding its reach, adding support for Internet Explorer 10 touch events and

link hidden, please login to view
. IE 10 itself is a multi-platform browser, operating on , /, and Windows 7. Enyo has from the start been able to handle both touch and mouse pointer events across every platform it supports (of which there are many), but with the update to 2.1.1, Enyo apps can take advantage of IE 10's new Pointer Event API. HP's Enyo team has also been working on implementing support for deploying your Enyo-based apps into the Windows Store on Windows 8, as well as watching the progress of PhoneGap has made towards support of Windows Phone 8.

The 2.1.1 update also improves support for the Kindle Fire HD, having successfully "ironed out" a few "quirks" introduced by the new version of Amazon's Silk browser on the new tablet. As such, The Kindle Fire HD and IE 10 have joined for Enyo 2.x, joining Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE9 and 8, Android 2.3 and 4.x, iOS 5 and 6, and Open webOS.

The update for Enyo 2.1.1 is relatively minor (unless you're really into developing apps for Windows 8), but Enyo 2.2 is around the corner with a more substantial update: an optional MVC library. In the coming week or so, the Enyo team plans on inviting developers to check out a preview release for Enyo 2.2, so if you're interested you're being advised to "keep your eye on the [Enyo] forums and the enyo-dev mailing list" for the relevant details.

mf.gif

a2t.imgU7dxi8kn1II

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.