Quantcast

PreCentral: Enyo 2.1.1 updated for Internet Explorer 10 touch and Kindle Fire HD

News Reporter

Enyo 2.1.1 supports Internet Explorer 10 touch and Kindle Fire HD

The platform-agnostic Enyo application framework is expanding its reach, adding support for Internet Explorer 10 touch events and

link hidden, please login to view
. IE 10 itself is a multi-platform browser, operating on , /, and Windows 7. Enyo has from the start been able to handle both touch and mouse pointer events across every platform it supports (of which there are many), but with the update to 2.1.1, Enyo apps can take advantage of IE 10's new Pointer Event API. HP's Enyo team has also been working on implementing support for deploying your Enyo-based apps into the Windows Store on Windows 8, as well as watching the progress of PhoneGap has made towards support of Windows Phone 8.

The 2.1.1 update also improves support for the Kindle Fire HD, having successfully "ironed out" a few "quirks" introduced by the new version of Amazon's Silk browser on the new tablet. As such, The Kindle Fire HD and IE 10 have joined for Enyo 2.x, joining Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE9 and 8, Android 2.3 and 4.x, iOS 5 and 6, and Open webOS.

The update for Enyo 2.1.1 is relatively minor (unless you're really into developing apps for Windows 8), but Enyo 2.2 is around the corner with a more substantial update: an optional MVC library. In the coming week or so, the Enyo team plans on inviting developers to check out a preview release for Enyo 2.2, so if you're interested you're being advised to "keep your eye on the [Enyo] forums and the enyo-dev mailing list" for the relevant details.

mf.gif

a2t.imgU7dxi8kn1II

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nick Payne
      I can stream ABC content using either the iView app on our LG G1 65" OLED, or via the iView Android TV app that is installed on a Chromecast with Google TV that is plugged into one of the G1 HDMI ports. If I stream content using the app on the TV, every few minutes there's a momentary (fraction of a second) interruption to both sound and video. If I stream the same content using the app on the Chromecast, I get no such interruptions. Both TV and Chromecast are using wired Ethernet connections to the same switch, so I can't see that these interruptions are due to a network problem, or I'd see them on both devices. It would seem to be a problem with the app provided on the TV. Other streaming services that we access via apps on the TV (Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, etc) do not show the same problem.
    • By News Reporter
      Recently, we’ve introduced many revolutionary products, such as an indoor gardening appliance that lets you grow your own greens and flowers in the comfort of your own home and a laundry solution that packs a full-size washer and dryer into a single unit – automatically applying the optimal drying cycle for unparalleled user convenience. With user-centric innovations like these, LG and other like-minded companies are helping usher in an exciting, new era of customer experience (CX).

At the essence of CX is an increased focus on how customers feel when they experience a particular brand, product and service. Nowadays, comprehensively understanding CX has never been more fundamental for company growth. No longer confined to customer-product interactions, CX refers to the total flow of any interactions between the company and the customer, targeting all the experiences and emotions that customers have and feel from the moment they first learn about a product or service, to purchase, use, repair, disposal and so on.

Considering the emotions and reactions that customers have, CX – if done properly – goes beyond traditional definitions to provide value that surpasses customers’ expectations, successively increasing the attractiveness or appeal of a brand, product or service. And, with the recent business landscape reorganizing around online and omni-channels, ‘digital’ has also become an integral part of CX and a key priority for companies.

The Age of Relational Value: The Customer-Company Interaction
      The channels that users encounter and experience in the digital sphere are so diverse, with substantial variables in terms of the emotional responses elicited. While all variables cannot be controlled, the direction or even the degree of satisfaction can be modified by removing the source of dissatisfaction. Thorough analysis allows companies to determine what these may be and, subsequently, proactively respond to remove them from the equation. Brand competitiveness comes from offering a CX that fosters an emotional relationship with the customer and, to be successful at this, brands must be effective at increasing the positive emotions their customers experience.
      In the past, having competitive technologies or products and an aggressive marketing strategy was sufficient. However, in this new era, a company must focus all available resources on the needs of the customer. CX, which includes direct, indirect and even virtual experiences, is where all such efforts come together. Direct experience comprises various categories, including exploration experience, purchase experience and user experience, along with the sharing and resale experience. For companies to compete in today’s market, offering a differentiated CX is essential, especially where the
      link hidden, please login to view (a widely-used term in South Korea that encompasses Millennials and Gen Z) is concerned. With members of this group already accustomed to experiential marketing, designing a diverse range of experiences for them is exceptionally complex.
      Favoring unique shopping experiences both online and offline, the MZ Generation generally opt for experiences with optimized digital convenience and minimal interruptions. To provide a seamless CX without any hassle, companies are actively undertaking an array of digital transformation (DX) initiatives. From a micro perspective, DX plays a significant role in CX, enabling companies to resolve pain points in a short period of time – exactly what consumers expect and demand in today’s market. The ultimate goal is the innovation of CX, something that is now essential. Conducted continuously in the background, silent and subtle support for better CX backed up by variable data serves as a steppingstone on the path to building strong and lasting relationships with customers.
      At its core, CX is a journey where brand loyalty is earned through the development of trust as well as the delivery of immersive experiences. Cyclical in nature, the CX journey repeats again and again, creating a genuine connection with customers that grows over time. With CX, the concept of customer loyalty, which had been all but abandoned in recent years, is reborn and reimagined for a new era.

By Lee Hyang-eun, managing director of the Customer Experience Innovation Division at LG Electronics
      Learn more about the areas of CX that LG will be focusing on in the future in the second part of this series, coming soon to Beyond News.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Company to Present Vision of Reimagined Technology, Lifestyles and
      Experiences as the Tradeshow Makes Offline Return

SEOUL, Aug. 15, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) invites consumers from around the globe to experience its latest innovations up-close and in-person at IFA 2022 in Berlin, Germany (September 2-6). Under the theme of Life, Reimagined – with the booth displaying LG’s vision of reimagined technology, rediscovered lifestyles and redefined experiences – the company will introduce an array of products that break new grounds in technology advancement as well as unique, new solutions and services designed to deliver unparalleled customer experiences.
      LG is thrilled to be returning to Berlin for IFA for the first time since 2019. Europe’s premier consumer electronics tradeshow is back on the ground in the German capital after a two-year hiatus and ready to again wow visitors from all over the world.
      During IFA 2022, visitors can discover LG’s latest innovations, and learn how the company is reimagining the customer experience, at its booth in Hall 18 at Messe Berlin. Those who cannot attend IFA in person can still explore the LG booth by checking out the LG Booth video, which will be uploaded on the LG Global YouTube channel (
      link hidden, please login to view). # # #

• By frank_1985
      Hi everyone,
      I'm interested in the OLED BX. I would like to know if it is compatible with a 5TB HDD (to be connected and fed through one of the TV USB port).
      LG manuals recommend to connect up to 2TB storage HDDs but don't really state that higher capacity devices are not expected to work.
      Then, I'm not sure how are things with DTS support. It seems that DTS decoding is no longer supported on the 2020 tv sets. But LG web page (updated 08/22/2020) titled "Support Video Playback File Type & Codec" still claims that "TV supports DTS audio codec when USB/HDMI video file playback offers it".
      Can any of you shed some light on these ones?
      Thank you so much.

• By H_Rovy
      I want to be able to turn on my TV without it automatically launching a cable channel. ( or repeatedly asking me if I want to turn on the cable box).  Is there any way to "just' start with the home screen? Also when I've been watching something (app or cable) and go back to Home screen, it will go back to what I was watching if there is no input for a minute or so. grrrr. so annoying