Quantcast

PreCentral: The Waiting Game

News Reporter

The Waiting Game

In this year of two thousand twelve, we've reached a point in our modern society where waiting is considered a bad thing. Patience runs thin. We don't tolerate lines, nor are we accepting of slow downloads. We get irritated if we have to wait for what we perceive as being too long for food in a restaurant, the arrival of a delivery, or for that idiot driver up ahead to make up their mind about how fast they're going to drive.

All of this makes being a webOS fan an excruciating exercise in patience. It's one thing to be waiting for a device to be released after its announced. You have a general idea of when it's going to come, even if it's something vague like "first half of 2011" or "late summer". You have a time frame. Right now, as we wait on whatever's happening with Open webOS to, well, happen, we have no time frame. At least with

link hidden, please login to view
for webOS . Now that the roadmap was more-or-less , we've ended up in a holding pattern here in the webOS community, waiting for something - anything - to come our way.

Three months ago we broke the news about . Two months ago they moved out of the old Palm campus . And today the company still hasn't been announced, let alone discussed what they're going to do. For three months now, employees have been stuck in this sort of limbo where they can say they work for Gram, wear Gram shirts, and carry around Gram bags, but can't talk about what Gram is going to do.

So we wait for Gram to become official. And we wait for the (maybe - maybe - seeing a debut at CES this coming January) and for and for the Android Compatibility Layer and for… anything.

mf.gif

a2t.imgOohEh7ZXFkA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By [email protected]
      Hello friends.
      I just bought an LG V30. Then I downloaded the game Idle Army Base on CHPlay to play.
      When the installation is complete, everything. During game play, sometimes I see the interface blinking on the screen.
      I installed the image normally, but still got the error.
      After much time searching, I deleted and downloaded the
      link hidden, please login to view version on TechSuspect to use
      Everything went very well. So I share with everyone..
    • By Bokka
      Hi everyone!
      As far as you know, will Microsoft's Xcloud service always be exclusive to Samsung smart TVs or is the app also expected to arrive for TVs with WebOS?
      I know that I can use the browser on the TV, but I wonder if a special app will come out in the future.
      Also, if you know, will the PsNOW do Sony app ever come out to play Playstation titles in cloud streaming?
      A thousand thanks
    • By ajmboy
      I just finished watching Game of Thrones on HBO, never watched it when it was out. Now I'm wondering what other series should I start watching? 
      Westworld? I'm inclined to check out SEE on Apple TV. is anyone using Apple TV with LG webOS tvs?

• By News Reporter
      The wait is finally over for avid racing game fans and true Forza Fanatics as Forza Horizon 5 finally hits the shelves of online game shops everywhere. To celebrate the November 9 arrival of the highly-anticipated title, LG Electronics is teaming up with Xbox to host an innovative and exhilarating pre-launch event. Brought to life by the immersive power of LG OLED, LG-Microsoft’s bespoke Dream Gaming Setup unveiled the new game in full glory for the first time in England as a virtual racing experience without equal.

Taking place over two days from November 6-7 at Dunsfold Aerodrome in Surrey Hills, UK, the LG OLED-powered action-packed affair let invitees take on several Forza Horizon 5 driving challenges to experience a variety of different cars, driving modes and environments all set in Mexico. Challenges, such as Drift Lab for mastering the difficult art of drifting, were designed specifically for the event to help players hone their virtual driving skills and prepare them for the dream gaming experience. Prizes and bragging rights were at stake for those unafraid to push the accelerator to the floor, and their cars to the limit.

An immersive custom-built driving pod located on one of the aerodrome’s runways, the LG Dream Gaming Setup brought all the excitement of Forza Horizon 5’s open-world racing roaring to life in a real outdoor setting. The pod delivered a true 4D experience, surrounding drivers inside three large LG OLED screens to fill their field of vision. Pre-recorded environmental sounds, smells and sensations added to the sense of realistic immersiveness. Once buckled in, guests took the wheel and competed with one another to finish atop of the leaderboard, all while enjoying the unrivalled responsiveness and immaculate image quality of LG OLED.

In addition to offering all attendees a sought-after opportunity to play Forza Horizon 5 ahead of its global release, the high-octane event showcased all the qualities that make LG OLED a favorite with serious gamers worldwide, including stunning picture quality, fast response times, low input lag and support for the latest HDMI 2.1 features.

A gamer’s delight, LG OLED TV is perfect for playing all the latest PC and console titles, its self-lit pixels and large screens delivering infinite contrast and vivid colors on an impressive scale. In addition to being the world’s first OLED TVs to support Dolby Vision® HDR gaming at 4K 120Hz, LG’s next-gen displays boast a 1 millisecond response time and support for advanced HDMI 2.1 features, including variable refresh rate (VRR) and auto low latency mode (ALLM). They’re also G-SYNC® Compatible and AMD FreeSync Premium certified, and come with LG’s Game Optimizer and Game Dashboard.

Whether it’s racing simulations, first-person shooters, RPGs or anything in between, LG OLED unleashes the best gaming experiences imaginable with picture quality and gaming features that no other TV can match. For more information on gaming on LG OLED TVs, click
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #

• By Void Toast
      Please consider adding a new menu for 2017 OLED's  in HDR Game mode preset called "Static Tone Mapping" to picture options with a selection of 4000 nits (default) or 1000 nits.
      The reason so many complain about dim HDR on 2017 OLED's is down to an overly tone mapped image, game consoles HDR titles are mastered in 1000 nits range, LG's default tone mapping is set to 4000 nits and because the consoles do not send any HDR metadata, LG tone maps 1000 nits content to 4000 nits. We know this is the cause as advanced tools like HD Fury Vertex can trick the TV into thinking it's 1000 nits content and give correct looking HDR (very complex thing to setup far beyond normal users).
      This is entirely fixable by giving us a menu under game mode to force the TV to tone map to 1000 nits instead. If you read around online I'm almost certain this is what the special "Active HDR dynamic contrast = low" under Cinema mode does but this setting is not the same under any other preset.  Maybe the "Active HDR" trick is not possible under game mode but forcing the TV to 1000 nits tone mapping is because the HD Fury Vertex can do it so the TV has the capability.
      The 2018 models do not have this issue as they have "Dynamic Tone Mapping" under picture options so please throw us 2017 owners a bone on this, thanks.
      (Yes game consoles could possible fix this by sending metadata but that's unlikely).