Quantcast

PreCentral: Gain full access to your TouchPad with File Explorer (homebrew)

News Reporter

This tip is only for devices running webOS 3.0 and higher

File Explorer root pluginAlthough there are now a few quality file manager apps available for your webOS device, only

link hidden, please login to view
by Jason Robitaille has allowed you to have gain full access to all the files on your device, not just within the . However, Internalz Pro now has some competition. With the latest update to version 1.1 of by pcworldSoftware, you can now install the "" from Preware to unlock access to your device. You don't even need to launch the plugin, just close File Exploer (if open) and then install the plugin and you are good to go.

Although File Explorer will work on any webOS running webOS 2.1 or higher, this plugin is only compatible with the TouchPad and webOS 3.0 at the moment. For more details about the plugin and a complete step-by-step guide can be found within the app itself by launching File Explorer and then from the top-left to access the Application drop-down menu and choose "Help" and then select "Enable root access" from within the Help page. The developer also details how the plugin works, so if you can provide any help to getting it to work on webOS 2.x devices, please let him know!

is available in the webOS App Catalog for $0.99 and is compatible with all webOS devices running webOS 2.1 or higher, although the "root plugin" only supports webOS 3.0 or higher.

mf.gif

a2t.imgSTyJfqY0L7k

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By delos
      Hey everyone,
      I'm new here, so first of all, hello I'm delos.
      I own two LG OLED55G19 TVs, one at home and one elsewhere. At home, I have a QNAP NAS (TS451) with DLNA functionality. Accessing it at home works great.
      The "Home" and "External" networks are connected via VPN. Thus, both networks have different network addresses.
      Now I want to access the home network from the external network with the LG via VPN in order to integrate the DLNA server. The LG doesn't "see" the external server because it's not in the same network. However, I wonder why you can't just enter the IP address of the server in the LG.
      Does anyone have a solution?

Many greetings
      delos
    • By News Reporter
      With the Addition of a 5MP Diagnostic Monitor, Company’s Comprehensive Range of
      Medical Monitors Now Boasts 13 Different Types of Display

SEOUL, Apr. 12, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is accelerating its B2B medical device business, leveraging a full lineup of diagnostic monitors including the new 21HQ613D which was recently cleared by FDA for sale in the United States. Designed specifically for digital mammography and breast tomosynthesis, the 21HQ613D is a 21.3-inch 5-megapixel (MP) IPS diagnostic monitor that delivers high-definition radiological images and maintains consistent image quality through its internal front calibration sensor and calibration software.
      The 21HQ613D offers exceptional definition and brightness, its LG IPS display providing a resolution of 2,048 x 2,560, a luminance of 1100cd/m² and a contrast ratio of 1800:1. Suitable for reviewing various types of medical images, including breast MRIs, CT scans and ultrasound, the diagnostic monitor features an internal front sensor that removes the need for an external calibration device. With LG Calibration Studio Medical software, users can conveniently conduct DICOM calibration and quality assurance tests that comply with international quality control standards for medical monitors.
      The 21HQ613D also incorporates helpful features to assist users in the close examination of medical images, such as Focus View Mode and Pathology Mode. Controllable with either a mouse or keyboard, Focus View Mode lets users focus in on a specific part of an image, dimming the rest of the screen in order to highlight the selected area. Pathology Mode provides image clarity and accuracy as if looking into a microscope. Additionally, Multi-Resolution Mode (5, 3 and 2MP) makes it possible to quickly adjust screen resolution to suit the type of image being viewed.
      For a more productive and organized workspace, this diagnostic monitor supports daisy-chaining via DisplayPort connection. An easy and efficient way of linking monitors, daisy-chaining helps reduce desk clutter and simplify cable management. LG’s new diagnostic monitor also offers a comfortable user experience thanks to an ergonomic stand with adjustable tilt, height, swivel and bi-directional pivoting functionality.
      The diagnostic monitor’s five hotkeys improve user convenience by providing a quick and simple way to adjust settings or switch between modes. Meanwhile, the Presence Sensor helps to conserve energy, automatically shutting off the display if no motion has been detected for five minutes. The Down Light and Wall Light features enable users to read documents when the room is dim or completely dark, the former illuminating the desk or table surface below the monitor and the latter casting light on the area behind it. For a better viewing experience, the Auto Luminance Sensor automatically adjusts screen brightness according to ambient conditions.
      With the 21HQ613D, LG is targeting rapidly growing global demand for mammography monitors. According to an industry analysis report by Persistence Market Research, the global mammography market is projected to reach a valuation of USD 6.9 billion by 2023, with a CACR of 11.6% from 2023 to 2033.*
      LG’s expanded lineup of diagnostic monitors covers the major display needs of large hospitals. Along with the new 5MP model, the company provides 3MP monitor – primarily used for reading radiological images – and 8MP and 12MP products equipped with PBP (Picture-by-picture) mode, which allows simultaneous review of multiple diagnostic images. In total, LG now offers 13 types of medical monitors, including 5 diagnostic monitors, 5 surgical monitors and 3 monitors for clinical use.
      LG is committed to delivering advanced monitor solutions for the modern healthcare environment. In 2023, LG secured a significant contract with Centrale d’Achat de l’Informatique Hospitalière (CAIH), France’s hospital IT purchasing center, to provide a total of eight types of medical monitors. The contract, valued at EUR 10 million (approximately KRW 15 billion) over four years, represents the company’s largest agreement since entering the medical imaging device business in 2016.
      “Designed for reviewing mammograms and breast tomosynthesis, LG’s new diagnostic monitor is a high-quality medical imaging display offering easy management and useful functionality,” said YS Lee, vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Business Solutions Company. “We will continue to provide the medical sector with cutting-edge solutions leveraging our innovative display technologies.”
      For more information about LG’s diagnostic monitors, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. Key Specifications:
      LG Diagnostic Monitor (21HQ613D)
      Display Panel Type IPS Size 21.3-inch Aspect Ratio 4:5 Resolution 5MP (2,048 x 2,560) Color Gamut (Typ.) NTSC (CIE1 931) 72% Brightness (Typ.) 1100cd/m² Contrast Ratio (Typ.) 1800:1 Response Time (Gray-To-Gray)
      5ms (GtG) Feature DICOM Compliant Yes Hardware Calibration Yes Display Mode Multi-Resolution Mode (5/3/2MP), Focus View Mode, Pathology Mode Video Signals Input Terminals DisplayPort x2, DVI-D (Dual Link) x1 User
      Convenience Dual Controller Yes Lighting Yes (Down / Wall) Hot Key Yes (5 keys) Presence Sensor Yes Physical Specifications
      Adjustable Stand Pivot (Bi-Directional) / Swivel: ±15° / Tilt.: -5°~20° / Height Range: 110mm  
      # # #

• By Puja aingh
      Respected LG TEAM
           KINDLY SHORT OUT MY LG WEBOS LED TV MODEL NO IS 33LK628BPTF MY ISSUE IS EVERY TIME RESTART MY TV BECAUSE I OPEN ANY APP AND WATCH ANYTHING SUDDENLY RESTART MY TV AND SHOW FREE UP YOUR STORAGE AND RESTART YOUR SYSTEM      HOW CAN I FREE UP MY SPACE  PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM
    • By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
    • By Maria D
      How to change view from 16:9 in movies to fit full screen 

LG QLED B22