Quantcast

PreCentral: Toggle the TouchPad's virtual keyboard when paired with a Bluetooth keyboard

Bluetooth keyboard

link hidden, please login to view
--especially the --to your TouchPad is an excellent way to increase your productivity and typing efficiency. But there are times that you may still want to use the on-screen virtual keyboard, even if you have a Bluetooth keyboard connected to your device. With the official HP Wireless keyboard, all you need to do is tap on the Toggle virtual keyboard key (top row, third from the left) to toggle the virtual keyboard on or off. You can even still use the Bluetooth keyboard when the virtual keyboard is active on the screen.

Unfortunately, the only way to initiate this toggle is from the Bluetooth keyboard itself. If the keyboard is not within reaching distance and you want to use the virtual keyboard, you either have to toggle Bluetooth off in the , or go into Bluetooth Preferences and tap on "HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard" to disconnect it from the TouchPad. To reconnect the Bluetooth keyboard once you want to use it again later, you just need to start typing on it and it should automatically reestablish the connection.

mf.gif

a2t.imgoeZqcOMMwKI

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By joe zx
      I have LG oled 55b8pla, it is connected to the net, it has the latest update installed, when I start the web browser application and in the on-screen keyboard I start typing for example the URL of the web page, so instead of the number 1 it displays a number 2, instead of the number 2 a completely different character, etc. etc. etc.
      I turned the TV on/off, turned the app on/off, unregistered the remote and registered it again. No effect so far.
      Any advice, thanks.

• By News Reporter
      Companies to Jointly Develop Total Solutions for Virtual Production and XR Studios

SEOUL, Sep. 9, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) announces it has acquired a stake in
      link hidden, please login to view (Mo-Sys), a market leading developer of virtual production solutions and camera robotics. The strategic seed investment and partnership will expand LG’s capabilities in the virtual production and broadcasting technology segments, enabling it to deliver a more comprehensive lineup of sophisticated hardware- and software-based solutions. Formerly the exclusive province of the movie industry, virtual production studios are becoming increasingly popular with TV broadcasters, and with corporations and educational institutions seeking to create their own content in house. Employing a wide array of advanced technologies, including large-scale LED screens, camera tracking, LED controllers and media servers, virtual production stages have brought a new dimension – and a raft of new possibilities – to the art of visual storytelling.
      Renowned for its industry-leading display technology, LG has already established itself in this growing segment, providing its Micro LED and LED screens for both virtual reality (VR) studios and extended reality (XR) stages. Through its newly-signed strategic partnership with Mo-Sys, LG will be able to offer a fuller range of solutions for virtual production and XR studios. As part of the agreement, the two companies will be able to seamlessly support customers who choose to combine LG’s LED displays and controllers with Mo-Sys’s XR products and systems to create a total solution for XR.
      “We’re excited by this new partnership, and by the unique value we’ll be able to deliver to customers through combining LG’s mastery of display technology with Mo-Sys’s expertise in virtual production solutions,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Business Solutions Company. “LG will continue to pursue collaboration with partners to strengthen its capabilities as a provider of B2B solutions and innovative experiences.”
      Michael Geissler, CEO of Mo-Sys Engineering, commented, “We are delighted to have LG’s support as we continue to innovate in the field of next-generation virtual production technology. Their investment will enable us to enhance our R&D efforts, drive sustainability, and create more efficient production solutions.”
      LG virtual production solutions will be on show at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) 2024 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (September 13-16). For more information, visit .
      # # #

• By netsplit
      Youtube only lets you type numbers, and not letters. Amazon doesn't let you type anything unless you use the really really really slow onscreen keyboard. It's ruining the tv experience. Can't search for topics or shows without the slow drugery of the slow remote and onscreen keyboard.

Is something ms configured or is WebOs really this awful?
    • By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By Ian_AW
      G'day,
      Many apps will bring up an alphabetised layout of keys rather than the more conventional QWERTY keyboard.
      Is there a way of overriding this so that a conventional QWERTY layout can be used?
      Thanks.