Quantcast

LG CEO to Attend Microsoft CEO Summit

MS-Summit-CEO-600x316.png

Next month, LG CEO William Cho will be in Seattle, Washington, to attend the Microsoft CEO Summit, an event that brings together hundreds of CEOs from leading global companies to discuss topics ranging from the current state of the international business environment and economic and supply chain challenges, to new and developing market trends.

Artificial Intelligence, the transformational technology that continues to change the way people live and work, is expected to be a major focus at this year’s summit. At CES 2024 in January, CEO Cho redefined AI as ‘Affectionate Intelligence,’ communicating how a more caring, empathetic and authentic AI is essential to bring customer experience to a whole new paradigm.

“Through our close collaboration with leading global tech companies such as Microsoft, we at LG are striving to revolutionize the customer experience with state-of-the-art AI and to develop innovative business models that will fuel our future growth,” said CEO Cho. He further added, “We are on a mission to transition from a global consumer tech leader to a Smart Life Solution company, leveraging our Affectionate Intelligence to deliver unique experiences for our customers.”

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      In Partnership with Wolves Summit, Company Launches Competition to Discover
      Innovative Technologies and Solutions for a Better Life at Home

SEOUL, Apr. 8, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) announced
      link hidden, please login to view at in Warsaw, Poland. Targeting startups and fast-growing companies, the challenge seeks innovations and solutions for a more convenient, connected and healthier life at home. Alpha Wolves Summit is a special event, held on April 7 and April 8, hosted by Wolves Summit, a hybrid platform for investors and technology companies in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). It pursues connecting established tech industry players with fund managers and promising new ventures. LG and Wolves Summit have been working closely as partners for LG Future Home Global Innovation Challenge.
      Expected to garner interest from around the globe, the challenge asks entrants to submit their best ideas for innovations that will improve quality of life and user experiences at home. Winners will work with , the company’s new venture client unit, and be given resources and funding to help further develop their concepts and take their businesses to the next stage. The newly launched initiative will also serve as an excellent opportunity for startups nearing the commercialization of their offerings to attract additional investment. What’s more, the top 10 finalists will be invited to present at Wolves Summit’s flagship annual conference held from May 24 to May 27 in Wroclaw, Poland.
      Submissions for should focus on solutions relating to one of the four following categories: ‘New Features, Accessories or Services for LG Upgradeable Appliances,’ ‘Home Appliances Reflecting New Lifestyle Trends,’ ‘New Innovations in Home Appliance Materials, Components and Control’ and ‘Future Transformation of Home Appliances.’
      “We are excited to launch LG Future Home Global Innovation Challenge in partnership with Wolves Summit and look forward to working closely with the winners to create intelligent, convenient solutions for the future home,” said Oh Sai-kee, executive vice president and head of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company’s R&D center. “We will continue to foster open innovation and seek out like-minded partners to deliver compelling customer experiences and a better life for all.”
      Submissions for the Future Home Global Innovation Challenge will be accepted from April 8 to May 9. To submit an entry or learn more about the challenge, visit .
      # # #

• By Kirtan Mehta
      Hi,  I need help to open Microsoft Teams on my LG Webos TV.. 
      I have LG WebOS TV OLED55C8PTA. My software version is 5.10.45. 
      When I open Microsoft Teams browser version from the browser on TV, I get the error message that "Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Here's what works: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox."
    • By idesai
      Is there any possibility to run the Microsoft Teams application on LG LED TV 55UM7300 with webOS platform ?
    • By News Reporter
      Have you submitted your entry to 
      link hidden, please login to view yet?! If not, you better hurry, because the entry deadline is tomorrow at 11:59 PM EST. Remember, if you're one of the lucky selections, you'll get to join NVIDIA and Mobile Nations crew at CES 2013 in Las Vegas. Your airfare, hotel and CES pass will all be taken care of. Woohoo!
      What are you waiting for!? 

• By News Reporter
      HP's charging ahead with their Windows 8 tablet plans, and they're not going to let anyone, least of which OS-supplier and OEM competitor Microsoft hold them back. HP's also not letting the debacle that befell the TouchPad a year ago slow them down.
      link hidden, please login to view in their , and they've already said that (and thus doing a Windows 8 tablet). We'd speculated that Microsoft OEMs like HP would be perturbed by Microsoft's entry into the manufacturer space, and while Acer's CEO might be unhappy, it seems HP isn't too upset by the Surface. Said John Solomon, HP SVP for America sales in the Printing and Personal Systems Group, to CRN:

"I believe Microsoft was basically making a leadership statement and showing what's possible in the tablet space. Our relationship has not changed at all due to Microsoft's announcement. In fact, I applaud it -- I think it's great that they are getting out in front and [showing] what's possible."
      This stands in stark contrast to Acer CEO JT Wang, who said Microsoft should "think twice" about their intentions for Surface and how it could affect relations with OEMs like his company. HP for their part is putting on a smiling face, at least for the public. in the retail space, and , HP shouldn't have many issues selling copies of their Slate 8 tablet, assuming that people want them.
      Of course, what we really want is a new webOS tablet, and we have no idea if that's anything HP's interested in doing at this point. And they wouldn't have to worry about competing with Microsoft for the same customers…